YesNoOk

Ask Barker (Read 1413307 times)

Started by walt, March 13, 2013, 05:40:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ask Rolento
#2661  October 01, 2014, 09:54:14 pm
Did you see pictures of Jennifer Lawrence's roast beef lips?

What's the best DIY way to get dents out of the hood of my car?

Would u punch your mother as hard as you can in the face for $1000?
#2662  October 01, 2014, 11:20:51 pm
  • SNK is life
#2663  October 01, 2014, 11:45:15 pm
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
- Is the Suave Dude project stopped/on hold? I read somewhere walt commissioned you to do those frames, but nothing else.
The initial Suave Dude frames were indeed commissioned; the initial bit was for sufficient frames for a punching bag, but I do intend to continue it myself. I've just been preoccupied by some other things for the past while.

- Do you have an original project in mind regarding sprites and/or codes (like creating original character for your own story)?
If you mean using Mugen as an engine, then not at this moment. Regarding somewhere else, I cannot answer that at this time; let's say the equivalent of an Non Disclosure Agreement applies here.

- If yes, is it something involving ninjas? :P
See previous answer. Sorry, really cannot say anything.

- Are you going to update your SFIV KFM? I'm seeing a lot of good animations in your dA gallery.
Those animations are open-source, but in case you were not aware, I wasn't the only one who made a SF4KFM; Kamekaze actually took that build and made a number of coding and gameplay style fixes, which made his take the more definitive version.

- How many languages can you speak? Which ones?
My primary language at this point is English. I used to be able to speak Spanish while I was younger, but I half-jokingly say if anyone asks that because of ESL classes back around when my family moved here, I picked up English so well that I basically forgot how to speak my original language. Still can understand most of it, but my own pronunciation is horrid.

- Who are your favourite spriters?
Kiwi's high on the list even though he doesn't seem to visibly do much anymore, Judas and Diepod do a lot of fun stuff still, Felo can do some nice stuff, Li Kun's sprites went to use with Morrigan although I can't make heads or tails as to where the final version of her sprites went around here...

-Why is everyone asking shitty questions unrelated to you?
In some cases, I figure just because they probably don't know much about who I am since I can't say I've been overly present in more recent times. In some others like Titiln, it's probably because I've known the person to some degree for such a long time it's hard to think of a more relevant question they don't already know the answer to. Hah.

-I don't know why, but I remember you from the old Dev Days as one really ruthless admin, having no mercy with people making mistakes. Do you think that still stands today? You think you became softer with the passing years? (of course not the admin part, you are not an admin anymore)
The short answer is I've probably mellowed out a lot since back then. Also, odds are a lot of the more ruthless things mentioned are probably just attributed to me rather than things I actually did myself. I was probably the most visible administrator at the time, which didn't help matters.

Did you see pictures of Jennifer Lawrence's roast beef lips?
I actually just had to look up who that was on Google. I believe that should answer your question. I suppose this sort of thing seems appropriate considering that one of the questions just before this one asked why all the crappy questions! Begs a good question though in return; just what was going through the mind of the person who first made this comparison between genitalia and foodstuff? Was this from the mind of someone who was hungry both figuratively and literally? Perhaps.

What's the best DIY way to get dents out of the hood of my car?
Not my area of expertise, but I'd have to assume trying to hammer it back out using a series of lighter strikes and a hammer/mallet that has a rounded face to it as to not put hard edges onto the surface you want to fix. If you could have something on the other side that had a surface to brace against, might help I suppose.

Would u punch your mother as hard as you can in the face for $1000?
No out of principle for one, and second that's not even a lot of money.

- WOULD YOU METAL GEAR REX PLEASE?
Metal Gear?!

I did find some psd files related to it the other day. The anti aliasing and gradients the person used on this thing hurts my soul.
Re: This is now Ninja Thread: Ask Rolento/ManyNinjas
#2664  October 02, 2014, 12:24:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
the worst thing hands down would have to be the involvement in the whole WinMugen mess. I'm not sure if there's still the archived post around, but years back someone who didn't identify themselves at the time wrote up a post that explained the happenings behind closed doors at the time when that whole thing fell apart. It's a poorly kept secret of who wrote that account.

What happened there? What're the details on this because I honestly don't recall anything, but then again that was before my time.

* Jesuszilla sits on the floor with blanket

And what is your opinion on Lord Raptor's party shark, and should he have it as an assist?

If you were to make someone from Shaq Fu look good, who would it be?
Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:30:25 am by Jesuszilla
#2665  October 02, 2014, 12:30:55 am
    • Peru
I'm eager to know the details too. I know the story of how WinMugen development "hit a snag", but specifics are juicy.
#2666  October 02, 2014, 12:52:05 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Regarding Winmugen, was specifically referring to how the RouHei Winmugen leak ended up going public and not why the build stopped being worked on as a whole. I cannot even remember all the specifics at this point.

And what is your opinion on Lord Raptor's party shark, and should he have it as an assist?
The shark seems alright, but hard pressed to suggest as a reference as I don't think many would even remember this tv series. Was it even shown outside of North America?

If you were to make someone from Shaq Fu look good, who would it be?
I can only vaguely remember a mummy design of some sort aside from Shaq himself. Don't have a good answer for this.

Bea

#2667  October 02, 2014, 01:49:49 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Other than crushing your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women, what is best in life?
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#2668  October 02, 2014, 02:12:58 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Good company, good food and drink, and some degree of personal security in the long run. Also, revenge. Lots and lots of revenge.
#2669  October 02, 2014, 02:45:34 am
  • SNK is life
What ever was of the plans to revive Mad Gear?
Are you still offering Dental Plan for all new recruits?
Why should I join the Mad Gear gang, and not other gangs?
#2670  October 02, 2014, 03:32:17 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
What ever was of the plans to revive Mad Gear? Are you still offering Dental Plan for all new recruits? Why should I join the Mad Gear gang, and not other gangs?

Mayor Haggar happened, on multiple occasions. I think he just wanders the Earth, piledriving people at this point and to the misfortune of any gangs he happens to come across. Funding just ran dry after a certain point, so things are postponed until a new source of revenue can be figured out. Sadly, repeated Kickstarter attempts all got taken down too. In hindsight, the matching costumes and general color schemes may have been our downfall in terms of how Haggar kept finding us. Huh.

Re: Ask Caddie
#2671  October 02, 2014, 05:14:52 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
As the number of questions has dried up and this is my last day anyway, the time has come to pick the next person for the thread... someone who has much to answer for...

Or I can pick Caddie. That works too... how does the Notify User thing work in this blasted format? .\/.
#2672  October 02, 2014, 05:18:17 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
@Caddie: Get in here, butthole, it's your turn
#2673  October 02, 2014, 06:20:02 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I couldn't come up with any clever ninja-related questions for Rolento, and this is totally not an excuse for being too late, so in that case, what is your explanation to the contradiction as to why the best ninja are the most flashy or brightly colored?
#2674  October 02, 2014, 06:35:03 am
The Andore Family: inbreeders or no?
#2675  October 02, 2014, 09:22:58 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
-If you have released multiple Balrogs, then why cannot I find any versions of Balrog in your website? Have you taken him down or what? :???:
-Favorite SNK character, that is not Duck King?
-Have you ever released Duck King? Your website doesn't seem to have any character section at all, although I heard that you did have released characters before...
-Future character projects?
-Future stage projects?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#2676  October 02, 2014, 11:08:49 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you Rolento, yay I get to talk about myself again! It's been a long time. ;D Under one condition though, you have to answer those two late questions for you, k?

-If you have released multiple Balrogs, then why cannot I find any versions of Balrog in your website? Have you taken him down or what? :???:
After I switched my focus to stage creating, I took down all my characters. For a real stupid reason too, I found out that you could actually count frames to make things accurately so I realized that my characters sucked. It was like an overnight thing. I planned to update or restart them all but that never happened because I can never focus on one thing.

-Favorite SNK character, that is not Duck King?
Wolfgang Krauser. I love a good majority of Fatal Fury characters though.

-Have you ever released Duck King? Your website doesn't seem to have any character section at all, although I heard that you did have released characters before...
Yeah, here you go. I stopped working on him because the supers are reaaally complicated and I wouldn't settle for half-assing him. He has this move where he raises up in the air, and if it hits the opponent it sucks them in, but they stop moving when they reach him and they don't push him. I know how to program it but it's a pain in the ass. Also, I found out I did the player push a bit wrong so I'd have to make some custom player push code, once again something I'm completely capable of doing it'd just be a pain to make it perfect. If I ever release a full verseion of Duck, he has to be perfect.

CLICK HERE FOR DUCK KING BETA

-Future character projects?
Eh...some of yall may have noticed that I haven't been around much lately. Truth is I work full time now at a stressful job that wears me out. I'm in a position where I'm low management trying to make my way into middle management and that means I bust my ass all the time. When I'm home, I'm worn out and relaxing. If I work the next day, I'm thinking about my next shift and how I'm gonna plan things.

Don't get me wrong I love my job, just the point is I don't really do hobby stuff anymore. If I ever get back into it, my first step is finishing Duck. I had several plans for him back when I was actively working on him. He was gonna either be a multi-mode character, with gameplay switchable from Real Bout 1, Real Bout 2, Real Bout Special, Dominated Mind, and maybe a few other games. Or I was gonna separate all those into separate characters, all with as close to 100% accuracy as possible.

After that, I had plans for the following characters: Fatal Fury Special Duck King(which is finished except for the hitdefs and a few bells and whistles), Real Bout 2/Special Krauser(2 separate characters), Nightmare Geese from RBS, and Yamazaki from RB2. I'd also fooled around with a RB2 style Mr. Karate, I stopped that when I realized Garou sprites are way shorter than Real Bout sprites. He was gonna use edited Marco sprites.

-Future stage projects?
Nothing planned because see above. If I did though I'd love to go back and finish stuff I never got to. Particularly Garam's Metal Combat stage and a couple of Fatal Fury 3 stages.
#2677  October 02, 2014, 11:25:10 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
As the number of questions has dried up and this is my last day anyway, the time has come to pick the next person for the thread... someone who has much to answer for...

Or I can pick Caddie. That works too... how does the Notify User thing work in this blasted format? .\/.

why would that have been your last day.
you were given a  chance on tuesday and it was wednesday when you said you were finished, you went barely for a day and a half.

Bea

#2678  October 02, 2014, 11:43:50 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Why are you such a naughty boy?
Also, why do you always try to imply that I am not as pure, chaste and innocent as I claim? >:(
And finally, why do you fear fire so much?
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#2679  October 02, 2014, 11:48:52 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Why are you such a naughty boy?
It's fun

Also, why do you always try to imply that I am not as pure, chaste and innocent as I claim? >:(
Because you're not

And finally, why do you fear fire so much?
It started with a bunch of unrelated people who don't know eachother all threatened to set me on fire around the same time. It was so creepy that I took it as a sign to be afraid of fire...
Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:53:07 am by Caddie
#2680  October 02, 2014, 11:52:55 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
why would that have been your last day.
you were given a  chance on tuesday and it was wednesday when you said you were finished, you went barely for a day and a half.
It's because a rival ninja clan found him and was going to throw shurikens and other pointy things at him, so he used Caddie no Jutsu to replace himself with Caddie and make a daring escape into the night.

ONTOPIC:

• - Do you have any headcanons regarding:
    • Duck King
    • Pupa
    • Boxer
    • Hakan
  • How do you like your steak?
  • Fill in the blanks: Iced is to Guild as ________ is to _______.
  • How goes your love quest to find a boyfriend-free girl?