YesNoOk

Transgenders now allowed to compete in Miss Universe Pageant (Read 4641 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, April 10, 2012, 10:21:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Transgenders now allowed to compete in Miss Universe Pageant
#21  April 11, 2012, 12:09:44 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
they're allowed to compete, doesn't mean they will instantly win, it is like competing in a motocross race with a modified roadbike

not being happy and accept what they're born with is a big minus is contest that involve personality.

SNT

#22  April 11, 2012, 12:15:48 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I think that is a horrible analogy supported by disgustingly bigoted reasoning.
#23  April 11, 2012, 12:26:02 pm
another possibility, if the winner would be decided by votes then she will be supported by the whole gays/ lesbians, transgenders people allover the world, she might win actually if that happens but that is not because she deserves it,  but because of she is manipulating her status into her unfair advantage.

SNT

#24  April 11, 2012, 12:33:53 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
if the winner would be decided by votes
Nope.
#25  April 11, 2012, 12:38:24 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
i'd vote the hell out of her if you know what i mean :smug:

Bea

#26  April 11, 2012, 01:01:08 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Where's Bia when you need her?

I've been to low on energy to deal with bigots, so I have spending my time with other, more positive things.

On topic, it's good that they're allowing her to compete. She's quite pretty.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#27  April 11, 2012, 01:03:04 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
If she wins: PROGRESSION IN AMERICA
If she loses: OPPRESSION IN AMERICA

you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Mog

#28  April 11, 2012, 01:09:40 pm
and I can't help but chuckle a little when I think that this born dude might win Miss Universe against all those women. must be a punch in the face for them :lugoi:

Why?  A woman is a woman is a woman.  Women alter their bodies all the time to fit societies ideal of beauty.  Nose straightened, boobs bigger, that kind of thing.

:bow:
#29  April 11, 2012, 01:29:48 pm
    • Thailand
Remember, folks, gender is socially constructed and sex is biological.

Women only wear dresses, makeup, and keep their hair long because they're taught that that's what femininity is. If femininity and masculinity weren't concepts with different conceptions throughout the world, then we wouldn't have these distinctions of how someone is supposed to behave or dress because of what sex they are.

Also, some transgender people who feel like they're in the wrong body probably wouldn't feel that way if gender roles and expectations were switched or were completely different. If females were supposed to wear nails in their heads and put centipedes in their anuses, who would feel like they're in the wrong body? Probably everyone who society DEEMED as a female.

The gender that transgender people want to be is not natural, but their desire to be that gender IS natural, which is a good enough reason for it NOT to be a problem. Unfortunately, it is a problem for some people because some people are stupid. It annoys me when idiot "scientists" try to call it a disorder. It's not a disorder, it's an issue, but it's not a disorder.

The disorder lies in the confined society where gender roles are tied to one sex each. That makes people who want to do both or one gender things develop envy, sometimes at very young ages, because society prosecutes them for doing what they want to do.

And the intersexual people have their genitals arbitrary mutilated so they can fit into the closed-minded system of only two genders. It's a huge issue that, according to historians, didn't used to be a problem in the very, very distant past.

OZ

#30  April 11, 2012, 04:11:58 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
#31  April 11, 2012, 04:22:14 pm
if the winner would be decided by votes
Nope.
OH SHIT... thought the 1 word reply would be so cool
“Miss Universe” voting is open to people located in the home countries of the 2011 “Miss Universe” contestants. A list of countries is available here http://www.missuniverse.com/members/contestants Internet voting will be open to people sixteen [16] years of age or older. Void where prohibited.

Internet voting will be available on the following dates and times:

August 19, 2011 at 4 p.m. ET through Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 6 p.m. ET.

Participants will be limited to ten (10) votes per email address per day. The sole means of voting is via the internet. The Producer reserves the right to change the limit on the number of votes that may be made from each originating email address, in the Producer’s sole discretion.
#32  April 11, 2012, 04:41:33 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
another possibility, if the winner would be decided by votes then she will be supported by the whole gays/ lesbians, transgenders people allover the world, she might win actually if that happens but that is not because she deserves it,  but because of she is manipulating her status into her unfair advantage.

No. In more ways than one:

1: A beauty pageant is all about attempting to subtly manipulate the judges into giving you high scores, be it with talent, personality, or good looks.

2: Even if a TG contestant DID get votes from gay/TG viewers in such a scenario, both groups are still a small minority as far as sexual preferences go.

And finally: you are being a bigot. Stop that shit.
#33  April 11, 2012, 04:59:58 pm
    • Thailand
#34  April 11, 2012, 05:53:14 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
put centipedes in their anuses

thank you for this image
i mean it, thank you

I don't know why I used that as an example. =p

both groups are still a small minority as far as sexual preferences go.

Transgender and sexual orientation are two completely different things. Sorry.

both groups are still small minorities at any rate.

There, is that more PC for you? The point doesn't change at all regardless.
#35  April 11, 2012, 06:01:09 pm
    • Thailand
But you brought gay people into this when this topic is about transgender people. You obviously incorrectly lump then into the same category. I know what the point of your post is. But that doesn't change my point.

I don't know what you mean by "is that more PC for you." but it sounds pretty stupid.
#36  April 11, 2012, 06:12:40 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
But you brought gay people into this when this topic is about transgender people. You obviously incorrectly lump then into the same category.

not really, LBGT is a common term.
#37  April 11, 2012, 06:15:32 pm
    • Thailand
There are people whose words would physically disintegrate you for using that term in association with themselves.

They're lumped into the same category, but are not the same thing. If transgender women are allowed into the pageant, that doesn't mean gay men are allowed in.
#38  April 11, 2012, 06:26:21 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that's compeltely not what he meants; and lol at being disintegrated by words.

[EDIT]
peopel give more importance to being politically correct than being factually correct.
Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:29:57 pm by [E]
#39  April 11, 2012, 06:32:14 pm
    • Thailand
I know what he meant, he meant that gay people and transgender people are the minority viewers of the pageant and that their votes wouldn't matter. I was just telling him that they're not the same thing because he said gay/transgender which implies interchangeability.

However, reading back, I completely skimmed over Navetsea's post, and my post should actually be toward him. So, in that case, I am sorry, Vegeta.

Please ignore my posts Navetsea, since I don't like arguing with you.

[EDIT]
peopel give more importance to being politically correct than being factually correct.
Yeah, you're right. People often do that. Sometimes those skewed facts create more confusion about a group of people than it does in helping them.
#40  April 11, 2012, 06:41:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am a little bit sensitive over this because we have elections in my counrty and one of the candidates is a woman; she is horribly underqualified to be a president (she has never gained an election before, is incompetent and corrupt) but people are considering voting for her because she is the politically correct candidate to vote for.