YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 863675 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#3641  March 04, 2016, 06:12:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, that's fine for a sticky in the release boards; especially if we assume that there are users that only go there.
#3642  March 04, 2016, 07:20:28 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
too long, most of those rules are global rules or too obvious, and this doesn't happen often enough to warrant its own rules sticky, something that should be avoided unless the board is too specific (requests)
Being polite and respectful with creators is an implicit and too obvious rule since always and Chuchoryu's case demostrate isn't so obvious as anyone thinks. I think it's OK about put in sticky these (and I hope more) rules to avoid cases like this, which isn't new (not just Chucho (this is like the 3rd/4th time this happens), also about Werewood, WlanmaniaX, Mazemerald, etc)

Also, close the threads if the users don't control their hate/anger/frustation/rage/menstrual cycles/etc shouldn't be avoided instead just delete posts and ban users, IMO

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3643  March 05, 2016, 01:54:43 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Being courteous has been in the rules for a while now. But certain people have different definitions of when you are being actually insulting and the mod team has rarely enforced it at its strictest anyway.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3644  March 05, 2016, 04:18:17 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
mostly on chuchoryu's topics, mostly ebcause eh does not give a fuck, and considering some of tehs tuff that has happened on chucho's life, it'd be weirder if he gave a fuck.
#3645  March 08, 2016, 07:55:13 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Wow, I'm late to the party.

I'm surprised that no one's brought up making posts, er, postable only by the thread creator. It's not as severe as actually locking the threads, would allow the creator to post updates, would encourage PMing for major issues, and avoid shitposting on both sides.  As far as necro posting, would there be a way to autolock threads after a certain day count of no posts so it can only be unlocked by the thread creator?

EDIT:
Also, if autolocking is out of the question,  would making it so people can't necro if they don't have a certain post count?
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:58:14 am by Hoshi
#3646  March 08, 2016, 06:48:45 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
As far as necro posting, would there be a way to autolock threads after a certain day count of no posts so it can only be unlocked by the thread creator?
I strongly agree with you on that. I feel it's somewhat wrong to penalize someone for necrobumping their own thread, not that I ever seen such an occurrence on here or any other forum. How can they necro bump when it's their own thread?
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#3647  March 08, 2016, 06:50:36 pm
That's... that's not the point.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3648  March 08, 2016, 06:56:34 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I know it's not the point, just saying how I saw necrobumping. But I think autolocking threads after a certain amount of time passed may help reduce the necrobumping but... it might become problematic for users who join like much much later and they won't be able to post whatever they want to post in said thread.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#3649  March 08, 2016, 07:09:24 pm
AFAIK, creators have had the ability to lock AND unlock their own topics since long ago. A creator being locked out of their own thread because of necrobumping hasn't been an issue since that was made this way.
As for people who join a long time after the thread has become inactive, they already have a message warning them of a necro bump if they try to post in it, and if they really want to say something actually important (beside "nice char" which would be deleted either way because that's exactly why necro bump is a bad thing), then they can simply PM the creator.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3650  April 24, 2016, 06:23:40 pm
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2240476
Just No Point said:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2240470

Is this the same dude that we are waiting on for him to list all of person man's horrid posts? That we already had to ban and lock his account editing abilities?

No, that was H Mr Ton.
ComboAssassin20 is the guy who
-shitposted and wanted his account deleted
-got banned
-returned here saying the forum is great
-couldn't delete his topic so he said the forum sucked, after that you solved his issue and said the forum is awesome

and now probably he's going to shitpost again.
Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:28:45 pm by Sin-
#3651  April 24, 2016, 06:45:08 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#3652  April 24, 2016, 06:46:09 pm
Yes.
#3653  April 24, 2016, 06:49:55 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#3654  April 25, 2016, 07:42:04 pm
It's probably stress from not being able to do any hobbies (mugen and comics are my getaway drug) but I'm losing my patience dealing with Lord M too.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2240856

He wasn't banned too long ago then this. And of course after I said something he tells me I can ignore what he says and shut up. I assume that was a blanket reply not necessarily directed just toward me but still...

Someone tell me if I'm letting stress get to me or if I'm not the only one here
you took the time to explain to him his problem in a very polite way. he ignored it all because that is the way he is, he is insufferable, self centered and has done this sort of thing alot.
i don't see why he shouldn't get a 1 year ban atleast. trin got that and he's way less disruptive than this guy.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3655  April 25, 2016, 07:56:24 pm
Progression system, his last timeout was a week or something. Can't be too harsh on the kids.
#3656  April 26, 2016, 10:32:35 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
^Toddlers, you mean. Clearly Danielhand is underage and don't have enough age majority to post ina a place like this, just give him a couple of years until he got 18 and understand better what he does on internet.

Also, get a spanish translator to your hand (pun intended) to see how start this on Spanish thread (and the 4-5 pages after that)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3657  April 26, 2016, 10:35:55 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
And how sure are you that he's underage? Also if "a couple years" is left until 18 he's definitely not underage. Underage would be like 12 or whatever loganthekids or w/e was.

It's not like people get magically smart once they hit 18.
#3658  April 26, 2016, 10:50:58 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#3659  April 26, 2016, 11:04:07 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I assume he means anyone wanting to see how the drama started would need a Spanish translator to view it

Which seems like an underestimation of the general apathy of this userbase
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3660  April 26, 2016, 11:09:04 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I suppose he means a different translator that is an "unbiased" third party. I doubt his narrative would differ too much from my own:

Spoiler: beaner soap opera (click to see content)