YesNoOk

Sennou-Room's Ako Not Working Properly on 1.1 (Read 5711 times)

Started by ZolidSone, June 14, 2018, 07:31:26 am
Share this topic:
Sennou-Room's Ako Not Working Properly on 1.1
#1  June 14, 2018, 07:31:26 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
So this is an issue I have for a while, but I never bothered reporting it until now. I tried using 1.1 for the first time and this character is one of the reason why it caused me to go back to using 1.0 again. Here are the issues I have with the character:

-Projectiles and effects do not properly appear (When Ako does attacks such as Thunder Spear and Ice Bolt, the effects are not there and looks like the opponent got hit by nothing).
-Portrait is missing even though the group and index is listed correctly (It's in the SFF, but does not show in game).

This character is for 1.1 only, but doesn't work like it's supposed to even though I used the right version. I am using OldGamer's M.I.C.A Final Version Edition 1.1b1 screenpack, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I tested other non-1.1 characters to see if they have issues with projectiles and seems to work fine, just not Ako's for some reason.

In Sennou-Room's videos, Ako works fine in his POV, but not mine:

Why is that? There are more issues I have with 1.1 not just with this character, but I will save it for another topic. For now, I want to figure out how to get Sennou-Room's Ako working if I want to consider migrating to 1.1.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:28:43 pm by SolidZone 26
Re: Sennou-Room's Ako Not Working Properly on 1.1
#2  June 14, 2018, 07:42:43 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭

Maybe the screenpack Mugen.cfg??? I use Ako often but she doesn´t have any issues at all except the obvious Super Background not being on scale for larger resolutions (which is easy to fix).

What you say sounds more like what would happen if your pc can´t run OpenGL mode (or not using it at all aka disabled)
#3  June 14, 2018, 11:27:14 am
Oldgamer's screenpacks use openGLscreen maybe thats the issue ? find it in mugen cfg and change it to opengl
Edit: Just tried her, everything is fine.
Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:37:08 am by PeXXeR
#4  June 14, 2018, 12:28:29 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Oldgamer's screenpacks use openGLscreen maybe thats the issue ? find it in mugen cfg and change it to opengl
Well what do you know? The screenpack does has something to do with it. Just tried that and now the effects and character select portrait shows up normally. Didn't even think that was possible.

This issue is officially resolved and is a few steps closer for me to switch to 1.1.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#5  June 14, 2018, 01:54:18 pm
Well what do you know? The screenpack does has something to do with it. Just tried that and now the effects and character select portrait shows up normally. Didn't even think that was possible.

This issue is officially resolved and is a few steps closer for me to switch to 1.1.

Hey no problem, if you need a good SP, that fast and light also looks good, grab this
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/legacy-normal-portsupdated-by-noz-166796.0.html
Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:05:15 pm by PeXXeR