YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1096153 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#1141  September 05, 2010, 08:56:50 am
  • wink wink, nudge nudge
The Haunted World of El Superbeasto

Rarely do I completely walk away from movies i make an effort to watch, but I had to say "no" to El Superbeasto after the 2 minute long scene of Dr. Satan jerking off in bed.  This movie's stupid, campy, and blatant about it in all the wrong ways.  Every goddamn joke falls flat on it's face, and the one good joke (that being El Superbeasto walking into a bar filled with a bunch of 80's horror movie classics) is completely ruined by breaking the fourth wall.  Fuck this movie's writing and it's inclusion of Paul Giamatti, who is the man. 

also it's full of cartoon tits flopping about.  I have no problem with a movie that's full of tits for the sake of tits, but if you are going to make that movie, make it just that.  Don't throw in your stupid jokes and fraternity sex humor. 

#1142  September 06, 2010, 10:20:48 am
The Foot Fist Way

A film about an American Tae Kown Do instructor's downward spiral after finding out about his wife's infidelity. The film star's Eastbound & Down's Danny McBride as Mr. Simmons, an egotistical martial artist. The film was funded by Adam McKay and Will Ferrell, which was released in 2008, but shot in 2006. The film is directed by Jody Hill, whose follow up film (and in my opinion, spiritual sequel) Observe and Report used the same type of middle-armerican realism which depresses the viewer to such an extent. The film is filled with funny one-liners that grow on you as the film progresses. I recommend this film for those who know of this "middle american realism" in such films as the before-mentioned Observe and Report, Napoleon Dynamite, and Youth in Revolt.
#1143  September 15, 2010, 05:35:17 am
  • GITF (we the best)
    • ghostintheflesh.all-forum.net/
Superman & Batman Apocalypse
i didn't expect it to be this good but it surprised me. supergirl got some skills lol. sometimes i ask myself tho why the hell is batman a super hero lmao he gets his ass whooped so much but he is still my fav.
this is 9.0 out of 10
if you want to see it link here: http://stagevu.com/video/iivbcmwmxyzg
#1144  September 15, 2010, 06:36:57 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Jennifers body

....why Megan fox why 
#1145  September 15, 2010, 06:50:12 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Paul Giamatti
I like that guy as much as I like Gary Oldman

Just watched TEKKEN and KOF in that respective order yesterday, the biggest mistake of my life.
I wish I watched KOF first at least TEKKEN would feel slightly better

btw
my friend keep telling me that guy who played jin is the same guy who played ryu in that new wip Street fighter movie, is that true?
Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:56:34 am by Kyojuu Tokusou Navetsea
#1146  September 26, 2010, 03:05:03 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
A perfect getaway

Nicccceeeeeeee twist
#1147  September 26, 2010, 05:46:33 am
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M
Wall-E. Despite being a G-Rated movie, it was awesome. And seeing humans turned into fat blobs in the future was funny  ;D

uguu

GOH

#1148  September 26, 2010, 01:49:56 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
The Karate Kid (2010)

Will Smith's son does an awesome job, and there's a scene in which Jackie Chan plays a more dramatic side, which IMO was really good. The rest of the cast is poor. It doesn't have the beauty of the original and they copy too many things from the original, instead of giving it a little different twist. I mean the dude doesn't even learn karate, it's kung fu! Lol. Anyway, it has some cool spots. But that's it.
#1149  September 26, 2010, 02:04:12 pm
Karate Kid (2010)

Have to agree with G.Ø.H. I just saw it yesterday. The big "finish" was definitely done better than the original and Chan did an amazing job but everyone else, especially the protagonist's mother, was awful. Good movie though. Definitely worth seeing.
#1150  September 27, 2010, 10:56:36 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
For a Few Dollars More
Definitely, my favorite spaghetti western movie of all times, also I enjoyed a lot to see the badasses Lee van Cleef and a young Clint Eastwood...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#1151  September 27, 2010, 11:29:36 pm
  • wink wink, nudge nudge
Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland

not nearly as awesome as I remembered as a kid.  Although I loved how it was animated, the plot was stumbling over itself, trying to be fantastical and not quite achieving it's goal.  Also, considering it's source material it seemed woefully uninspired.
Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:36:19 pm by Distressingly Egor
#1152  September 28, 2010, 02:06:52 am
Devil

I hate elevators, so this movie was scary for me.
#1153  September 28, 2010, 04:55:22 am
my only weakness is seeing scene where people tried to get out of stuck elevator (or hydrolic  door), and when one of the last one trying to pass through, then the door or elevator drop cut the poor guy in half, or has his leg chopped off stuff like that damn, I couldn't stand that thing.
#1154  September 28, 2010, 05:14:59 am
Azumi (a movie about a band of assassins that looks like a live action anime)

This movie was bland despite being so flashy, but I REALLY wanted their master to suffer a HORRIBLE death.  That man was a dick...I give it a 3/5.

Sherlock Holmes

Amazing, may not exactly be true to the first incarnation, but I had fun trying to figure out the mystery (guessed most things pretty accurately), and watching it in general.  Robert Downey was great for the role.  Not who I'd pick for a true to the original Sherlock, but great for a more lively one.

GOH

#1155  September 28, 2010, 10:11:09 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Dinner for Schmucks

Steve Carell does all the work here. He's funny and awesome, but Paul Rudd just plain sucks in this movie. The rest of the cast is so-and-so. I like that Zach Galifianakis and David Williams are in this movie, especially Zach he's freakin' hilarious. But this movie is just 1/2 good. Paul Rudd and the others just don't cut it. Otherwise the story is cute, but I would expect more from the director who made Meet the Parents/Fockers.
#1156  September 30, 2010, 07:50:50 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Iron Man 2

Fucking fantastic. Liked it way more than the first, dialogue was absolutely perfect and enticing. Great movie that everyone should see!!
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#1157  October 01, 2010, 02:25:28 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
La ultima y nos vamos
This movie is the Mexican version of superbad! I have never seen this type of Spanish humor before mostly because spanish humor is corny and lame(for me)

#1158  October 01, 2010, 06:57:12 am
the expendables, they're just too manly to die...
small nation army team totally annihilated,
hero team 0 casualty,

that's action movie of my childhood, muscle good guys prevail!

I'm waiting for a sequel

note: jet li doesn't belong there (jet li belongs to the world of half bald head and ponytail, kung fu, folding fan & round shades)... jackie chan or samo hung would do better as comic relief rather than him, and if serious cool is all that matter, no one is better than donnie yen.   
#1159  October 01, 2010, 05:32:15 pm
  • SNK is life
La ultima y nos vamos
This movie is the Mexican version of superbad! I have never seen this type of Spanish humor before mostly because spanish humor is corny and lame(for me)
dude srsly, not even mexicans watch mexican movies, stop hurting yourself.
#1160  October 01, 2010, 06:29:18 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
the expendables, they're just too manly to die...
small nation army team totally annihilated,
hero team 0 casualty,

that's action movie of my childhood, muscle good guys prevail!

I'm waiting for a sequel
I saw it recently (I won tickets for the avant premiere here) and it was pure eye candy, the best action movie I've ever seen. In 1 word: AWESOME!! :D

Oh, and Stallone wanted to make sequels (yeah, in plural) of The Expendables

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X