YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1095860 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#101  March 04, 2008, 07:35:44 pm
  • SNK is life
PI rocked my pants off.

Aronofsky rocks da haus. Also Requiem for a Dream, and the Fountain.
#102  March 04, 2008, 11:55:07 pm
  • corner push pusher
PI rocked my pants off.

Aronofsky rocks da haus. Also Requiem for a Dream, and the Fountain.

Definitely. Plus, RFAD is probably the only movie you'll ever see Marlon Wayans doing a good dramatic role.

Never heard of Fountain though.  ::googling::
#103  March 04, 2008, 11:58:42 pm
  • SNK is life
:omg:

It's his latest? last year? big hype about being his third? Wolverine + Rachel Weisz?

FOUNTAIN GET!~
#104  March 05, 2008, 12:05:33 am
  • corner push pusher
:omg:

It's his latest? last year? big hype about being his third? Wolverine + Rachel Weisz?

FOUNTAIN GET!~

If I haven't heard about it then I haven't heard about it. Hell, I knew nothing of No Country For Old Men until the day before I posted my comments on it here  :P

Anyway, I'll check it out as soon as I can (DA's never let me down).
#105  March 05, 2008, 12:09:30 am
  • SNK is life
FYI - Went to watch it with my 3 pseudo-intellectual closest friends and my gf. After finishing the mind-blowing movie we engaged in a 3 hr discussion on the ambiguous ending.
#106  March 05, 2008, 12:17:10 am
  • corner push pusher
FYI - Went to watch it with my 3 pseudo-intellectual closest friends and my gf. After finishing the mind-blowing movie we engaged in a 3 hr discussion on the ambiguous ending.

:-\ Only got one friend who I can have a healthy discussion/debate with on movies like the ones mentioned, and I rarely get to hang out with him now.

Well, at least there's the guild
#107  March 05, 2008, 01:15:44 am
  • As I come in alone, I leave alone.
After months of avoiding paying about $10 to watch it in theaters and with the magic of premium cable, I was finally able to watch this.

Movie: 300 - I had to see what was so interesting about it, and no "Sparta" references in this review.

Review: After watching it, I was pleasently surprised.  It was better than I thought it was.  The action wasn't as senseless as another movie I recently saw which I will give review some other time.

Overall grade: B+

Check out my YouTube page here.  It might not be on a professional level, but it\'s a start.
#108  March 12, 2008, 06:43:00 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Batman (1966)

If I were the reproducing type, I'd make my children watch this.
Batladder agrees that this is the best movie ever.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#109  March 12, 2008, 11:45:27 pm
  • SNK is life
Well, no problem since ... you know, you're sterile and all D:
#110  March 13, 2008, 12:09:20 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
Hitman

My opinion: i loved the movie, only real tie-ins from the game are: 47, Dianna, his emblem, organization...i think thats it

has action, a good deal of it, and a "BOOMHEADSHOT" sequence that made me LOL. plus bewbies and a cameo of the game itself within 1 scene

i give it a B, others would a C

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#111  March 14, 2008, 05:38:23 pm
  • SNK is life
Juno

Ellen page is cute, she has old-man hands though. The movie gave me NO LESSON AT ALL, was slow-paced but ok... it's a rent. At least my date was looking hawt.
#112  March 15, 2008, 07:06:29 am
  • corner push pusher
Hard Candy 

Ellen Page is psycho, she put hands on old-man though. The movie gave me A HUGE LESSON, was slow-paced but intriguing, morally freaky...it's a must-have. Not the kind of movie you'd take a date to.

#113  March 15, 2008, 09:41:34 am
Rush Hour 3.

Interesting. Certainly had a different flavor to it than the other two, and seemed very Japanese-y (especially the climax's fight scene that looked ripped from some anime).
#114  March 16, 2008, 07:59:59 am
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
Hitman

My opinion: i loved the movie, only real tie-ins from the game are: 47, Dianna, his emblem, organization...i think thats it

has action, a good deal of it, and a "BOOMHEADSHOT" sequence that made me LOL. plus bewbies and a cameo of the game itself within 1 scene

i give it a B, others would a C
Yeah At least it was better Than Resident Evil 2 and 3.
No
#115  March 16, 2008, 05:42:17 pm
  • idk
    • www.freewebs.com/dehvidtillos
There's this semi-new movie called run, fatboy, run it's been released in the uk but not america yet. The movie has great team with david schwimmer directing and a screenplay by simon pegg and micheal ian black.

The movie is about this guy walks out or runs out on marrying his pregant girlfriend and tried to win her back by running a marathon.

It's not like simon pegg's other movies, but it still really good
#116  March 17, 2008, 02:50:14 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
The Truman Show

The ending is HILARIOUS.  Basically some dude with a near perfect life starts to realize that his life is a bit too perfect. 
#117  March 22, 2008, 02:06:45 pm
Gladiator  :P
it still has the same taste whenever I watch it, really brightens up your day
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#118  March 22, 2008, 05:38:11 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Saw the first 45 minutes only, couldn't bear more. Loses even against a Japanese Godzilla movie in terms of humor though it has Jeff Goldblum.

Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

Okay... okay but... not a fan.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

One good scene (GTA!), mostly boring otherwise.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#119  March 22, 2008, 10:25:51 pm
  • As I come in alone, I leave alone.
Last Movie: Crank - Action starring Jason Statham about a man who has poisoned by some rival gangster and had about an hour before he dies, but not before taking everyone else down with him in the process.

Review:
It was crap!  Drugs, sex, violence: not always a decent movie make.  It was too cluttered and the overall acting was horrible.  Even the action, which supposed to be a stong point, was awful.

Overall grade: D

Check out my YouTube page here.  It might not be on a professional level, but it\'s a start.
#120  March 23, 2008, 12:08:43 am
Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain
wow what coincidence...I just randomly found it on a tv channel...couldn't finish it, I watched it for 8 minutes, switched to other channels, then came back for it, repeated this 4 times, then kept watching something worth it...
the chick is cute, the movie was full of things we disregard all the time although we keep them in our minds all the time...
this is why "it was OK but I'm not a fan" and I second it
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane