YesNoOk

How to make Boss Level AI for CVS characters (Read 772 times)

Started by slackboy101, December 19, 2019, 03:04:52 am
Share this topic:
How to make Boss Level AI for CVS characters
#1  December 19, 2019, 03:04:52 am
    • USA
I want to make Knuckles' Ryuji Yamazaki a boss type character but I have zero Idea where to start with building AI
Re: How to make Boss Level AI for CVS characters
#2  December 19, 2019, 03:33:11 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Pretty sure I answered this already and said answer that others also gave is that AIs don't really have templates unlike characters. Every character plays so drastically different from each other, even characters of the same name and similar systems, that it's almost impossible just to throw together a template for that kind of thing. The basic gist of AI creation creating AI only changestates whose conditions can be fulfilled based on triggers such as p2bodydist, inguarddist, enemy's statetype/movetype, movecontact/movehit/moveguarded, random and a lot of others that can help the AI perform decision making. There is no easy instant-button for this kind of thing otherwise since, surprisingly, you need to work to get what you want.

I'd suggest to just study a character with a simplified AI structure such as PotS or Infinite to see how they apply these changestates and triggers.
Re: How to make Boss Level AI for CVS characters
#3  December 19, 2019, 04:36:36 am
    • USA
Sorry Nep, I got shit memory, Ill try too remeber this time