Nappa Z2 (Read 76531 times)

Started by DooM, November 22, 2012, 04:36:48 pm
Share this topic:
Nappa Z2
#1  November 22, 2012, 04:36:48 pm
  • MUGEN is so fun I hate it.
    • ememe.pl
Hey guys!

I decided to let you know about a project of mine. I realize I was known of starting stuff and not really finishing it, but I want to change it now, 'cause it's killing me to know I was like that in the past. Although I have much less time than before when I was more into MUGEN (husband, father, hard working owner of an online shop I started at the beginning of this year, called EMEME (t-shirts and hoodies for geeks)) I still have some time at nights and weekends.

The plan is just to get him done, no rushing, just create something I will be glad to leave for MUGEN community as I will leave it for good.

Ok, now more into details - Because I want to focus onto sprting only, Cybaster will be coding my Nappa (yep, that sexy beast).

As for the gameplay, he is going to be Z2 style. List of attacks, specials and supers will be made in the near future, I still have to sit and write down all the ideas I have - but I can't seem to get away from the sprites - so fun char to work on, trust me on that. :)

Because of this and the fact I will be off to a little vacation for a week, I thought it will be a good idea to ask you guys for ideas and your feedback - can't waste time. :llama:

For now, I'm done with simple moves (jumps, walks, crouch, etc) and almost all gethits - when I'm done with those, going for basic attacks. The stance anim took me like a whole day, but I'm happy with it, turned out fine.

Screens:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Sry that I'm not showing more, but I'm too lazy and busy to make gifs.

Stay tuned till I will post some screens or anims in a week or two.

If you want to support me and you're a poor student for example - instead of donating cash, just like my online shop on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ememepl - will be thankful for that.
Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:35:25 am by DooM
Re: Nappa Z2
#2  November 22, 2012, 04:49:43 pm
  • Rawr
Lookin' great.And looking forward to seeing some progress.
About his stance though. His eyebrows kinda shrink. It's hard to make out what's happening, but shouldn't there be more movement in the front, rather than the back?

Also. Dat Zangeif portrait. Good luck, man. This looks real promising.
#3  November 22, 2012, 05:21:29 pm
    • ememe.pl
Thanks man. Yeah, 'bout that Zangief's portrait - got my own, but don't care about it that much, since Zangief works for me as a sprite swapper for now, later Cybaster will be working on a char as a seperate character.
#4  November 22, 2012, 05:38:46 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Very nice;

I'll stay tuned.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#5  November 22, 2012, 05:40:47 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Waiting to see what you come up with for animations.

Will try to post some ideas. Balthazar and Iced, get your asses in there too. ^_^
#6  November 22, 2012, 05:41:36 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
God Balth what the hell did you do? Stop passing your "Z" Aids!!! LOL all in the that sprite looks hella good!
#7  November 22, 2012, 06:08:53 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Lol when all the Z2 characters get finished, you guys could make a full Z2 MUGEN game haha
#8  November 22, 2012, 06:14:23 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
I hope you're planning on making him play with the exact same system as cybaster/balth's characters that way he meshes well with him, sprites look awesome ... :-)
#9  November 22, 2012, 06:17:16 pm
    • Thailand
I'll politely just tell you to read the first post.
#10  November 22, 2012, 06:18:22 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
#11  November 22, 2012, 06:32:15 pm
Looks good, but I think the custom get hit sprite for him should be like this:

The plan is just to get him done, no rushing, just create something I will be glad to leave for MUGEN community as I will leave it for good.

So that means you'll leave after finishing this...

I have some ideas for Nappa:
Bomber DX -
Aura Burst - he gets more strength but he will lack of speed

#12  November 22, 2012, 06:38:32 pm
    • USA
moveset ideas!

Level 1 Super - Bomber DX (QCF, QCF + P)
Nappa throws a projectile, which does multiple hits before exploding

Level 2 Super - Break Cannon (QCF, QCF + PP)
Beam from his mouth

Level 2 Super - Lighting Aura (Down, Down, Down, + MK, MP)
Lightning Aura would be similar to Goku's Hope gauge, and Vegeta's Rage gauge

[With Lighting Aura] Level 3 Super - Kapa
Nappa fires a lightning charged Break Cannon

[With Lighting Aura] Level 3 Super - Arm Break
Nappa would dash at the opponent, and punch their arm, the screen goes to black/red as you see a blood splatter and an arm fly into the air. Screen fades back to normal as the opponent is on the ground
#13  November 22, 2012, 06:42:28 pm
[With Lighting Aura] Level 3 Super - Arm Break
Nappa would dash at the opponent, and punch their arm, the screen goes to black/red as you see a blood splatter and an arm fly into the air. Screen fades back to normal as the opponent is on the ground

Fatality!
I would see it performed also when the opponent's life is lower or equal to 250. That way it could work right, but the flying arm... I wouldn't put it.
#14  November 22, 2012, 06:49:42 pm
    • ememe.pl
Thanks for the kind comments and awesome ideas guys (keep posting screens from some games or YT video clips from the show when writing down ideas, just for better reference).

About that arm in the air... well that could get weird, knowing you can fight all type of mugen chars (such as humans and aliens). :)
#15  November 22, 2012, 07:21:40 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Though not the only one to use it, it's still kinda Nappa's signature move, so if you can work in one of the variations of the Exploding Wave into the character (Preferably the Blazing Storm, or the Volcano Explosion), that would be great.

Liking what I see done so far though, so best of luck working on him.
#16  November 22, 2012, 07:26:41 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
i beg of you to try to get someone who can sound like takahata101 on tfs abridged. or even him himself if at all possible. Tfs made nappa interesting rather than a generic villain.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#17  November 22, 2012, 07:35:06 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
There's a way to do that arm move without needing custom animations, but it's kind of loopy.

A lot of MK and Samurai Shodown characters have a black box or something imposed over the parts of the character that are meant to be removed.  For instance, Johnny Cage's uppercut fatality would have a black box over the head.  An alternative here would be to use that method to cover anything but the arm.  However, due to the nature of gethit animations the arm placement is not consistent, so even this is a questionable idea.  The only real way to make it 100% work is to have custom animations like Basara's fatality from Samurai Shodown where the character's head flies into the air.
#18  November 22, 2012, 07:35:25 pm
    • USA
i beg of you to try to get someone who can sound like takahata101 on tfs abridged. or even him himself if at all possible. Tfs made nappa interesting rather than a generic villain.

NO
#19  November 22, 2012, 07:37:15 pm
  • I see you.
YES

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#20  November 22, 2012, 07:49:22 pm
abridged nappa voice would own actually
#21  November 22, 2012, 08:03:11 pm
  • I see you.
Ty Titiln Im glad Im not the odd one out who suggested that.

#22  November 22, 2012, 08:16:00 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
I approve of trying to get takahata101 onto this. =)
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#23  November 22, 2012, 08:19:59 pm
  • I see you.
from what ive heard hes more open and responds more so than the rest of tfs.

#24  November 22, 2012, 08:26:12 pm
    • USA
...As with Vegeta, as long as there's an option for his normal voice, then go crazy with the alt. one.  I'll stick to the Nappa I know.

Risking asking something stupid, is he going to be a grappler?
#25  November 22, 2012, 08:45:56 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
takahata101 voicing him would be a dream getting real. Need to happend !

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#26  November 22, 2012, 08:58:23 pm
    • ememe.pl
So the guy who voiced Nappa in DBZ Abriged is takahata101? Well, you know, don't want to show off (I do >:)), but I make some nice money with my online store and could pay the guy if he wouldn't like to help for free.

Anyone care to help me find a way to contact him? PM me.

Still too soon to think about voice overs, but will definitely add it to my to-do list.

Risking asking something stupid, is he going to be a grappler?
Well, one grap or two won't hurt, but he will definitely not remind Zangief at this point.
#27  November 22, 2012, 09:02:03 pm
#28  November 22, 2012, 09:04:28 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Now, this is really interesting, there are a bunch of DBZ characters out there but at last someone give a chance to Nappa, looks pretty cool, i'm definitely following this, best of luck with this character. :thumbsup:
#29  November 22, 2012, 09:11:00 pm
  • I see you.
WOOOO one of my suggestions was a good one hurray. looking forward to more progress.

#30  November 22, 2012, 09:28:08 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
wow nappa? this seems interesting...
#31  November 23, 2012, 08:10:09 am
  • shit at most things but ok at some
    • Australia
If he has the abridged voice, you should put in ROCK SMASH.
i make bad videos watch them if you like bad videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/EchFilm?feature=watch)
#32  November 23, 2012, 08:37:47 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I didn't see this coming lol.. Nappa looks Nice, I can't wait to see more of the progress :) ... well now Balth.. Make Raditz lol
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#33  November 23, 2012, 09:14:25 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
I didn't see this coming lol.. Nappa looks Nice, I can't wait to see more of the progress :) ... well now Balth.. Make Raditz lol

He probably would have done it earlier, but remember that he has a dislike for the Saiyan armor.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#34  November 23, 2012, 09:26:36 am
    • France
Balth never said he would do Raditz, regardless of Saiyan armour or not. o_o
#35  November 23, 2012, 10:01:28 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Looks good!!
About his standing animation, the back of his neck must be BIGGER.
He seems to have a skinny neck and DBZ is about big necks ;)

Keep up the good work!!
#36  November 23, 2012, 10:06:05 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#37  November 23, 2012, 10:11:17 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Why did i think it was Lanipator doing Nappa?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#38  November 23, 2012, 01:34:31 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

the yellow border jumps up on the last frames unnaturally. The head is sortof of sticking out here.

You are going with an edited stance? To differentiate from Zangief more?
#39  November 23, 2012, 01:37:25 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
#40  November 23, 2012, 01:47:12 pm
    • ememe.pl

the yellow border jumps up on the last frames unnaturally. The head is sortof of sticking out here.

Which yellow border? on the left leg?

Well, this is the stance for now, the one I frankensprited, more "karate-kish", is still in development and I'm still considering it. Tho, I'm focusing on more important stuff since I remember working on stance anims for previous wips and that it was the last thing I had motivations to work on... not this time. :) Generally, yes, I make sure Nappa is not going to be so Zangief like, no worries about that.
#41  November 23, 2012, 01:51:19 pm
This Nappa reminds Me of a old DBZ Mugen Game project that was posted at scruffydragon before. İ remember Doom being involed into thatone. İs this Nappa, that Nappa with improvements? İ was hyped for that back than but, it was canceled İ guess.

Ontopic: This Nappa surely looks good in terms of ways. He could have a special KO after his fight with Vegeta. He could trow Nappa in the sky and blast him like in The Saiyan Saga.
#42  November 23, 2012, 01:58:39 pm
    • Argentina
Yes, it is, buddy! ;D

It's fucking awesome to see you back (you never posted again on dA, I gonna kill you  :eaugh:) and with this great revival! :P
#43  November 23, 2012, 02:10:10 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
At first I only liked the Hyper dimension simple artstyle was the onle one appealing to me, but with the Z2 one, it injects life into the chars. :)

Glad to hear Nappa is not being ignored. Has a tons of potential (way more attacks than Raditz at least lol) I can only imagine how glorious a Broli Z2 could look (wish! for certain someone who thinks otherwise).
#44  November 23, 2012, 03:04:22 pm
why dont you make a full game of it
#45  November 23, 2012, 03:07:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Which yellow border? on the left leg?
Yes, left leg, the last few frame have it jumping up, if it was lower down it would probably feel more natural.

To everyone raving about full games, if you have any experience in mugen you know that you never go for a "full game" of edited stuff. You go for characters and small releases and if it comes to that, you package those.  Planning a fullgame of edited characters when you barely have one is dumb and generally a waste of your time.  Let doom focus on his wip without cries of fullgames.
#46  November 23, 2012, 06:59:08 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:11:04 pm by LordSinistro
#47  November 23, 2012, 07:02:53 pm
i dont think a bunch of barely visible sprites are of any help at all
#48  November 23, 2012, 07:27:46 pm
    • USA
#49  November 23, 2012, 08:47:19 pm
    • ememe.pl
Thanks LordSinistro for the link, might be helpful.

BTW, does anybody know where I could find clean (hairless and scarless) SFA3 Zangief's sprites? I remember that last time I was working on my Nappa somebody mentioned it to me or I did receive a package of those from someone - can't remember now... would definitely speed up the progress.
#50  November 23, 2012, 09:17:50 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I love your fluid animation and the look of your sprites. Great work.
As for his ultimate attack (like Saiyajin Vegeta's Big Bang and Goku's Kaio Ken), I want to say his mouth beam (with a black screen and some certain effects to make it seem likes it's traveling a long distance (and rocks breaking off the ground to show that the beam means fucking business) before coming into contact with the opponent), but that sounds kind of boring. Maybe a quick barrage ending with a very powerful, quickly charged punch or headbutt to send the opponent flying away and THEN the mouth beam. You decide whether that powerful punch or headbutt sends the opponent far away into the air or along the ground.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#51  November 23, 2012, 09:43:38 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
i have try to put the armor hope you like it

#52  November 23, 2012, 09:45:44 pm
I would stick with DooM's:

It seems you rushed the work on your edit.
-You didn't complete the scouter.
-The armour isn't like that!

---
@Iced: of course he wasn't.
Ah, and don't worry.
When you posted I was editing mine.
Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:16:47 am by G.o.D.
#53  November 23, 2012, 09:47:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
That looks horrible.
You got a literal white outline on all the striped parts and no shading =C

I would stick with DooM's.
It seems you rushed the work.

I doubt he was offering to resprite the whole thing himself.

edit @g.o.d.: ah the preview didnt show me your pic while i was posting.

#54  November 23, 2012, 09:55:14 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
loving the sprites/animation and definitely following this :)
#55  November 23, 2012, 11:07:51 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
I'll politely just tell you to read the first post.

I do apologize about this, I just kinda' skimmed really fast, and I usually try to read everything before posted.  Very excited.  As far as the TFS Nappa voice ... ummm, I wouldn't mind it so much, but I think it'd be better as an alternate soundpack, I feel like it would sharply take the seriousness out of there character, then again ... The None's characters are anything but serious, however he's probably one of the best coders/creators out there ...

[back on topic]

When can I be expecting a palette template? :-p

Posted: November 23, 2012, 11:10:37 pm
this maybe could help you to have some idea for is gameplay here is the link cuz i cant uploaud the picture correctly
http://chronostrife.herobo.com/index.php?page=spritesheets

Why does Nappa have a sword!?

#56  November 23, 2012, 11:22:31 pm
    • USA
He heard about how Trunks killed Frieza with one, so he clearly put it together in his genius mind of his that swords must be Frieza's weakness.

Plus he's the general of the Saiyan army, has to have some sort of weapon of course.  Just left it before coming to Earth.

Anyways, an idea for a move came to mind if you're still thinking of any, and if Nappa doesn't already have Super Armor.  If I recall correctly, in Raging Blast 2 he (And a few other larger characters) has a special move that they would momentarily gain said armor while charging a shoulder rush.  Perhaps that could be implemented?  Can't think of many characters out there that do that.
#57  November 23, 2012, 11:26:03 pm
  • I see you.
thats entirely possible its helper code I believe.

#58  November 23, 2012, 11:26:42 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
He heard about how Trunks killed Frieza with one, so he clearly put it together in his genius mind of his that swords must be Frieza's weakness.

Plus he's the general of the Saiyan army, has to have some sort of weapon of course.  Just left it before coming to Earth.

Anyways, an idea for a move came to mind if you're still thinking of any, and if Nappa doesn't already have Super Armor.  If I recall correctly, in Raging Blast 2 he (And a few other larger characters) has a special move that they would momentarily gain said armor while charging a shoulder rush.  Perhaps that could be implemented?  Can't think of many characters out there that do that.

:smug: ...  :cawg:, that was good. :-p
#59  November 23, 2012, 11:31:14 pm
    • ememe.pl
@Noctis, thanks for the kind words and for the good idea - I'd say we see it the same way. I do want this attack to be strong and to show it that way.

@Ness Vilain, I think I'm going for seriousness AND a bit of vocal fun - I think we all can agree that real Nappa clearly is both really.

@Llong Jjohn Killer, could you refrain the idea, or put a reference vid or something?
#60  November 23, 2012, 11:32:27 pm
    • USA
I'm actually looking for a vid of the move now....less videos of Raging Blast than I thought up on Youtube, most people don't seem to be making use of the move.  I'll find one...

Sorry for the late find, there's one of it here at 0:53.  Pardon the person talking over it.
Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:18:42 am by Llong Jjohn Killer
#61  November 24, 2012, 12:57:59 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
@Noctis, thanks for the kind words and for the good idea - I'd say we see it the same way. I do want this attack to be strong and to show it that way.

@Ness Vilain, I think I'm going for seriousness AND a bit of vocal fun - I think we all can agree that real Nappa clearly is both really.

@Llong Jjohn Killer, could you refrain the idea, or put a reference vid or something?

Both are good, I have no problem with that ... I just figured most people wouldn't want to go with that, that's why I said what I said.  I absolutely LOVE TFS Abriged, I think it would be very very funny.
#62  November 24, 2012, 01:39:38 am
    • ememe.pl
Ok guys, off to a little vacation of my own, so = no computer (well, I'll still try to visit sometimes via my phone :)).

I won't leave you with nothing tho. :wink3:

#63  November 24, 2012, 01:43:20 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice man

NoZ

#64  November 24, 2012, 01:45:12 am
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Goddamnit Nappa stop jumping like an idiot
#65  November 24, 2012, 01:46:51 am
    • ememe.pl
"Look Vegeta! ...I can fly!"
#66  November 24, 2012, 01:51:29 am
    • France
Looking good. :)
#67  November 24, 2012, 02:19:53 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
dat small portrait, sexy  :yes:
Chilling
#68  November 24, 2012, 02:49:21 am
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
#69  November 24, 2012, 09:23:15 am
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Nice portrait! Needs a half-face variant a la Team Z2. Still looking good.

Also, like G.o.D said before, any chances of editing his broken back sprite to this?
#70  November 24, 2012, 10:16:53 am
    • ememe.pl
#71  November 24, 2012, 10:26:41 am
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
That portrait looks good enough IMO. Although I think it should be horizontal-inverted.
And great regarding the broken back.

Also, I just found this:

Custom intro against GokuZ2? Please?
Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:03:57 am by Wolvegeta
#72  November 24, 2012, 07:44:59 pm
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
I'm pretty sure that sprite was from the original Goku Z2, and somewhere along the line, we're at like Goku Z4 or something :P There was an entire debate about it at one point in Goku's WiP topic :P

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#73  November 24, 2012, 10:31:51 pm
    • France
Nope, this is definitely Goku's latest rendition in terms of graphic style.
#74  November 24, 2012, 10:44:16 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Nice work with sprites, pal.
#75  November 24, 2012, 11:18:57 pm
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#76  November 24, 2012, 11:21:38 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
lol a cool intro would be vegeta saying gokus powerlevel is 1009.Then if Nappa loses,vegeta says he had the scouter upside down,and its over 9000.From TFS btw.
#77  November 24, 2012, 11:24:38 pm
  • the second life is the best
I 'm glad everyone has this z2 fever.   :)
#78  November 24, 2012, 11:31:22 pm
  • I see you.
lol a cool intro would be vegeta saying gokus powerlevel is 1009.Then if Nappa loses,vegeta says he had the scouter upside down,and its over 9000.From TFS btw.

you mean 1006 not 1009.

#79  November 24, 2012, 11:53:19 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
So this is going to be one of those chars that uses brute strenght but they are slow?

Anyway
Iam not a fan or like Z2 style but this one really looks good.
Good luck.
#80  November 25, 2012, 12:04:38 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
you mean 1006 not 1009.
yeah,that.
#81  November 25, 2012, 04:16:53 am
  • Not for sale
Hmm. This is cool. Somehow, to me, the sprites look more MvC than Z2.
#82  November 25, 2012, 04:16:58 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
#83  November 25, 2012, 07:55:09 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
man wizzy you are always in time nice theme for nappa
#84  November 25, 2012, 09:45:26 pm
  • I see you.

#85  November 25, 2012, 10:40:04 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#86  November 25, 2012, 10:42:22 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
#87  November 25, 2012, 11:11:04 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
#88  November 25, 2012, 11:16:30 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
lol laharl was just kidding,give him a break.
#89  November 25, 2012, 11:19:29 pm
    • USA
All of the Teamfourstar references get annoying over time.
#90  November 26, 2012, 12:32:28 am
  • Koi.
    • USA

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
#91  November 26, 2012, 12:49:12 am
Nah.
#92  November 26, 2012, 12:52:08 am
  • I see you.
yes I was joking -_- yeesh. did you guys not catch doom himself making tfs jokes?

#93  November 26, 2012, 12:53:04 am
I was saying "Nah" in response to the anti-TFS brigade
#94  November 26, 2012, 12:53:37 am
  • I see you.
oh i probably should of responded to both karasai and wizzy. i didn't direct that at you cazaki sorrys.

#95  November 26, 2012, 01:08:21 am
    • USA
"anti TFS Brigade" lol

I like TFS and all, but Laharl was being annoying with all of the references.
#96  November 26, 2012, 10:35:54 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I do agree with Chamat, but ofcourse you already had this style from your old project.

I did another Nappa myself just to see how it'd turn out in true Z2 style.
#97  November 26, 2012, 11:33:39 am
    • Netherlands
That Broly is so ugly, look at his round knees!
Anyway, when I was finished with Nappa, I realised I might have used the same base i used for that Broly...:S
I forgot the tail because It's not shown in some images, and I thought his was cut off at some point.
#98  November 26, 2012, 08:42:17 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
you've never seen someones knee cap underneath the skin before?
its just like that
#99  November 26, 2012, 09:14:42 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah even though it's like that in real life, it's hardly as epic as a 'Capcom knee' ;)
#100  November 26, 2012, 10:57:25 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
Ohh pleeease show me a Capcom Knee. ^_^
#101  November 26, 2012, 11:21:56 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
What the....NAPPA NOW TOO :D!

Although he kinda looks more like a MvC char rather than the Z2 style BUT then again the sprites you're using are good too

so you got my support
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#102  November 27, 2012, 04:03:56 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I have to disagree with those criticizing his/her style.

Anyways, about that idea I said before. Use his short power burst (like he used in the anime where he got a lot stronger) as the barrage before sending his opponent flying and then shooting a mouth beam.

Also, this idea was inspired by Halo 4 gameplay with my brother. We were playing on Legendary and the only thing we could think of was I sit back safely and he charges and kills whatever he can before he dies. Well he's down to the last enemy and it just so happens to be a kamikaze Grunt. You would think he'd die from two grenades exploding in his face, but no. Not him. He literally walks through the explosion, completely unharmed and beats down the Grunt like a boss.
.....Nappa creates an energy ball in both hands (or he just simply fills both hands with ki) and beats down on the opponent with each punch delivering an explosion from the energy in his hands.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#103  November 29, 2012, 12:15:07 am
    • Mexico
I REALLY LIKE IT
but the shading doesn't fit in z2 but is really easy changed it only see this

use the dark lines of the original sprite and the main light and put a color for  transition
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
#104  November 29, 2012, 12:19:49 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Wow, that colour addition made a big difference
#105  November 29, 2012, 12:23:59 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Seems better now =D

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#106  November 29, 2012, 01:28:17 am
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
I REALLY LIKE IT

use the dark lines of the original sprite and the main light and put a color for  transition
I take that MvC statement back color makes a huge difference lol
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#107  November 29, 2012, 02:30:27 am
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Woah...the difference is remarkable.
#108  November 29, 2012, 03:07:22 am
  • Not for sale
I REALLY LIKE IT

This is incredible! If the leg muscles were bit more lean, I think it'd match the Z2 style perfectly. The shading is spot on, though!
#109  November 29, 2012, 04:25:00 am
    • USA
That color difference....is remarkable.....!
#110  March 11, 2016, 01:41:48 am
  • coming back slowly..!!
    • Ecuador
Am back and i want show something...!! I think take this wip

to support to z2 team too!!!

lui

#111  March 11, 2016, 01:50:58 am
    • USA
holy shit thats one hell of a sprite update!

YAY YOU'RE DOING THE NUDE NAPPA WE ALL WIN.

Though why does his peck definition and nipples dissapear in the following frames after the first?

i also suggest adding a couple more transition frames and a blur effect.

regardless holy shit im so excited to see this come back
#112  March 11, 2016, 01:55:45 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
thats amazing :D
#113  March 11, 2016, 02:07:49 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I forgot about this project.  Glad to see it back in action ^..^
#114  March 11, 2016, 02:14:34 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Could it be? It's... beautiful! So in-style! I agree that a motion blur frame would work wonders here.
Nappa's back baby!

YAY YOU'RE DOING THE NUDE NAPPA WE ALL WIN.

I'm glad, spriting that Saiyan armour would be torture!

Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#115  March 11, 2016, 05:04:00 am
  • coming back slowly..!!
    • Ecuador
....thanks friends i will take this wip to bring to live, the armor version its cool too maybe later IOI, oh i see the error on chest i forget it!!
#116  March 11, 2016, 06:03:56 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
GOOD LORD, thats one hell of an update
cant wait to see more :D
#117  July 05, 2016, 03:59:39 am
  • coming back slowly..!!
    • Ecuador
I got a free time, slow but i continue working in Nappa too....

#118  July 05, 2016, 04:06:50 am
    • USA
Nice animation
#119  July 05, 2016, 04:15:36 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Please tell how did you get those wonderful pixel lines.

Amazing anim so far, by the way.
This is a generic forum signature.
#120  July 05, 2016, 01:50:48 pm
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
HOT DAMNNN, that is some smooth shit
im really exited to see that shaded

also i made a nappa portrait not too long ago if you want to use it for this project ;)
Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:54:40 pm by likiji123
#121  July 05, 2016, 02:03:59 pm
#122  July 05, 2016, 09:16:07 pm
  • coming back slowly..!!
    • Ecuador
Thanks its a mix of techniques, but its necesary the outline clean, and the z2 style shade, i continues show more progress about him!!
#123  July 07, 2016, 10:41:48 pm
  • R U OOOOOK!!!
I can't wait to battle with this dude I think the Z2 DBZ characters are the best DBZ characters pound for pound this release is going to be epic!!!!!