YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1071608 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread
#1001  February 15, 2017, 10:46:03 pm
People are doing it on purpose, using one of the oldest versions of Goku.
I mean there's a gif with the latest version in the first post, how hard is it to use that as a reference? Or use Piccolo since it's even more up to date than Goku.

And now the image is fixed. I'll keep this post as a reminder to everyone though, use the sprites in the first post as a reference!
Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:46:20 pm by AlexSin
#1002  February 19, 2017, 07:59:42 pm
    • USA
Anybody want to finish this sprite off? I didn't know a good "pose" for the arms, and I didn't know if the sprite was good enough to start a project out of.

Beginning of Bergamo Z2:
Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:43:22 pm by Pixelqted
#1003  February 21, 2017, 07:25:50 pm
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
Needs a lotta work and it's a character I'm not too intersted in but when I have the time to spare I could remake this sprite and just give it a new look, if you wish.
Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:08:44 am by AlexSin
#1004  February 21, 2017, 09:52:57 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
He's like 70% legs right now, as his upper body feels way too short, and lacking a neck.

Shit
#1005  February 21, 2017, 10:51:27 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Needs a lotta work and it's a character I'm not too intersted in but when I have the time to spare I could remake this sprite and just give it a new look, if you wish.

I'm going to be honest, that post is useless. It's devoid of any criticism or feedback that one can use to make a sprite better. You aren't pointing out anything by saying "Needs a lot of work", and you aren't necessarily helping him by following it up with "Let me tweak it for you and give it a new look if you wish". If you want to tell someone that something needs a lot of work, point out what actually needs to be worked on or fixed, because just telling someone those two things without at least attempting to point out something is like a low-key way of saying "your piece sucks".

I'm sure you had good intentions, but empty posts like this don't necessarily help anyone, and while attempting to help someone tweak/rework something is a kind gesture, at least point out to a person what should be tweaked/reworked and let them try their hand at it before making an offer of that kind.
This is a generic forum signature.
#1006  February 23, 2017, 12:20:55 am
    • USA
Thanks for that, I really appreciate it. And I have done some tweaks to the sprite:
I still don't know how i should pose the arms though.
Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:08:23 am by AlexSin
#1007  February 25, 2017, 02:49:23 am
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow

Because I didn't have the time or need to write, but OK, you want me to list? ( Also never said it sucked, his sprites for someone new are getting quite better, if you ask me.
 1. There are too little colors in the shading, like 3 for each color and the outlines are too dark.
 2. The boots have basically no shading.
 3. The tail is 1 solid color and a dark outline.
 4. His eye is 1 solid color.
 5. His pose, while looking a bit like a combat stance, doesn't quite make it for me, he should've his arms crossed and standing up straight, but thats just me. One could just go with the pose.
 6. Proportions are off, the body looks too small for the legs its in and if it were to have arms they'd be either gigantic or WAY too small due to trying to fit in with legs or torso.
That's just my 5 cents of looking at the sprite. Didn't download it to check it closely.
And while I do appreciate criticism, thats all things one should check by himself doing the sprite. I did a horrendous mistake in my Jackie Chun I'm going to fix soon and I found about it alone.
Couldn't see the tweak tho, so he may have changed some of these.
Also, he said that he wanted someone to finish the sprite, so is criticism really necessary?
#1008  February 25, 2017, 06:45:12 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
His eye is 1 solid color.

...and what's exactly wrong with that?

His pose, while looking a bit like a combat stance, doesn't quite make it for me, he should've his arms crossed and standing up straight, but thats just me. One could just go with the pose.

This is the part where it just stops being feedback and it goes full on "oh, I see him standing up straight, so you should make him stand up straight, but that's just me!", which is not even useful.

Shit
#1009  February 26, 2017, 06:40:22 pm
    • USA

Because I didn't have the time or need to write, but OK, you want me to list? ( Also never said it sucked, his sprites for someone new are getting quite better, if you ask me.
 1. There are too little colors in the shading, like 3 for each color and the outlines are too dark.
 2. The boots have basically no shading.
 3. The tail is 1 solid color and a dark outline.
 4. His eye is 1 solid color.
 5. His pose, while looking a bit like a combat stance, doesn't quite make it for me, he should've his arms crossed and standing up straight, but thats just me. One could just go with the pose.
 6. Proportions are off, the body looks too small for the legs its in and if it were to have arms they'd be either gigantic or WAY too small due to trying to fit in with legs or torso.
That's just my 5 cents of looking at the sprite. Didn't download it to check it closely.
And while I do appreciate criticism, thats all things one should check by himself doing the sprite. I did a horrendous mistake in my Jackie Chun I'm going to fix soon and I found about it alone.
Couldn't see the tweak tho, so he may have changed some of these.
Also, he said that he wanted someone to finish the sprite, so is criticism really necessary?

I think I fixed most of those in the tweak, and also I didn't say I wanted someone to finish it off,  I wanted to know if anyone wanted to do it. I mean, I would gladly do it myself but I don't know how to position his arms in a way that would look good in hyper dbz while also avoiding using the same stance as an existing character.

lui

#1010  February 26, 2017, 07:14:22 pm
    • USA
also I didn't say I wanted someone to finish it off,  I wanted to know if anyone wanted to do it. I mean, I would gladly do it myself but

no offense but you're quite literally contradicting yourself in the same sentence. what you're saying IS for someone else to finish it off
#1011  February 26, 2017, 09:53:44 pm
    • USA
I'm sorry, but I don't see how that is contradicting myself. I was simply saying, "if you want to you can, if not don't bother." But using different words. Either way the offer is still up for anyone who wants to finish it, and if nobody wants to finish it I would appreciate suggestions for his arms.
#1012  February 26, 2017, 10:11:33 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
He's still 70% legs, and lacks a proper neck. Add to it that the abs don't feel like abs because of their square-ish shapes, the pectorals muscles not even looking like pectoral muscles, and the lack of leg muscles after the patella; it's like his legs got cut off, it's not like he's squatting at all.

Maybe redo the sprite in a pose like this?

Also, you should use refs when spriting, while giving the fundamentals some practice too. Because there's so much things off about his body that you might need some readings or such on anatomy and gesturing.
Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:20:21 pm by Paz Hatter

ZX2

#1013  March 01, 2017, 07:15:20 am
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
Hello everyone. So this is my first time on a forum & and it took me awhile to find where I can post anything Z2, or Balthazar, or Hyper DBZ, or Anything Mugen related in general. But thankfully I found the thread eh heh n_n;. Here is my OC for Hyper Dragon Ball Z Kairia (If this shows no image please forgive me I'm practically new to being apart of a forum and how crap works so.)  I remember making this character primarily because of this fan made game and out of inspireation as she's the second OC for DBZ that I've at least came up with for the series. I Actually stopped due to how long it took for me to make her character select portrait (Which I discontinued last year) based off of SSJ Goku's pants lol I'm sure you'll notice half the resemblance of that, or maybe not. And as of recently I've continued to actually make her into a character (Progress will be slow though) for starters I've given her a Idle (No animation yet which I'd be pretty bad at for a first timer)

EDIT:I'm not all that good at making this type of thing as I've done other individual short projects on photoshop (Most not related to DBZ) so if any of you want to lend me help or support I'd really appreciate it. (Not begging for it though)

EDIT:Had to go through so much trying to figure out how to post this image which you'll find I fixed in the next page LOL Sorry to anyone who didn't get to see the pic as soon as they read this post 'XD

Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:44:18 am by ZX2
#1014  March 01, 2017, 02:14:00 pm
You need to fix the image link, we can't see anything.

Upload the image to an image hosting site, like imgur, photobucket, deviantart; get the link of the image, after that copy it here and add the image tags.
Code:
[img]link of picture[/img]
#1015  March 01, 2017, 03:26:59 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I was going to try and fix his link, but he has
Code:
[img]http://Kairia ZZ.gif[/img]
I've tried searching and filling in .com/ and a few other things but nothing's getting results. The closest thing I got was a Chinese website about movies.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#1016  March 01, 2017, 03:35:13 pm
I usually fix the links myself if it is possible. It wasn't so I told him how to proceed.
#1017  March 02, 2017, 12:54:30 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@ZX2: Upload your sprite to an image hosting site, like Imgur. Then copy and put the image address between the image blocks, as told by Alex.

ZX2

#1018  March 02, 2017, 01:02:52 am
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:10:26 am by ZX2
#1019  March 02, 2017, 01:09:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
1. No it does not. Just upload the file to Imgur or whatever online image hosting service you prefer.

2. Don't double/triple/quadruple post. It takes away attention from threads that are featured on the Recent Posts section. You have the edit button if you need to change/add something to your posts.
#1020  March 02, 2017, 01:18:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you had forgotten the extension.