YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 796745 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#521  July 08, 2015, 06:23:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
there's also the chance that it is just taking them a fuckton of time because random things.
#522  July 12, 2015, 02:09:36 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Maybe this deserves its own thread but bleh..

Edit: I fucked up, I should've let someone more competent make the thread. Oh well.
Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:36:10 pm by S.D.
#523  July 12, 2015, 07:03:41 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
#524  July 14, 2015, 07:57:10 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#525  July 15, 2015, 12:53:27 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
#526  July 15, 2015, 01:19:23 am
meh i don't want them to make another fighting game, they should try their hand in something like an action hack n slash game, and i know. they already GG Overture. nobody gave a shit about it but atleast it gave them some experience that they can use to make a better game.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#527  July 15, 2015, 01:27:50 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
#528  July 15, 2015, 02:21:36 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol, he just became a white cis het male
#529  July 20, 2015, 04:59:46 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#530  July 20, 2015, 05:55:05 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
http://www.gofundme.com/zrs63g8

Here's some controversy that has started to spark interest in my fgc community.For those who don't know,  neo left his bag unattended to and was robbed. Apparently his bag had his top8 medal his laptop and "something for his mom" that accumulated to 6k worth.  I feel like it was his fault for leaving his bag unattended at an event with over 2 thousand people and shoudnt be collecting peoples money to compensate. Imo hes using his hype from getting top8 yesterday to sucker people in.  You gotta hold that L for being irresponsible.
#531  July 20, 2015, 06:28:12 pm
    • Peru
I left my $450 GoPro unattended on a table last year at evo and someone took it. Can you fund me too?
#532  July 21, 2015, 12:28:24 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#533  July 21, 2015, 12:42:39 am
The article said:
What other genre asks its players to memorize arcane button combinations to perform the moves that are critical to success?
Okay, what is this recurring argument in the gaming-industry-that-isn't-fighting-games (as well as ex-fighting-game-people-ashamed-of-doing-fighting-games) that half circles and dragon punch motions are any difficult ? It doesn't come naturally the first few times you play, sure, but it's easily learned and you never lose the muscle memory. It's not automatically hard just because you can't do it immediately after picking up a controller for the first time in your life. And it's a bold faced lie to imply that those controls are the reason it takes a year to master a new fighting game.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:48:22 am by DKDC
#534  July 21, 2015, 12:58:55 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
"The problem is, it can take so long to get good at them – anywhere from three months to a year, by Killian’s estimate – that he finds them difficult to easily recommend. His new game, Rising Thunder, removes one of the biggest hurdles by mapping special moves to ordinary button presses. “I’ve seen it short-circuit that kind of path, going down from six months to two weeks. And I think that is the kind of thing that people are going to be willing to put the time into, because it’s fun along the way.”
I don't know about him, but it should take like a week at most to get the button combinations down.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#535  July 21, 2015, 12:59:53 am
yeah he seems more interested in pandering to the people who don't play fighting games. and if he want his game to go to evo then how the hell would that invisibility move work offline?
imo though if someone wants to make an easy fighting game they should try making it play like tekken (easy combo strings, minimal dependence on circle motions and lots of moves per character)
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:16:30 am by Gennos
#536  July 21, 2015, 01:09:20 am
The first part of the text seem to want you to relate to how difficult it can be to learn all of Tekken's combos and several tight one-frame links, but then you keep reading and bam, his super solution is to access special moves with a single button press. All he's doing is JoJo All Star Battle's easy chain (mash L to get the equivalent of L-M-H-special move-super move).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#537  July 21, 2015, 01:09:44 am
Wouldn't use Tekken's movement scheme; game moves like shit unless you dash all the time.

He's talking about removing execution requirements so that entry-level players can enjoy the mental part of the game. And not endure the tedious routine of mastering commands as part of the learning process.
#538  July 21, 2015, 01:13:02 am
The first part of the text seem to want you to relate to how difficult it can be to learn all of Tekken's combos and several tight one-frame links, but then you keep reading and bam, his super solution is to access special moves with a single button press. All he's doing is JoJo All Star Battle's easy chain (mash L to get the equivalent of L-M-H-special move-super move).
All he's really doing is replace the circle motions. It talks about the tedious execution, but the solution he brings doesn't actually solve it. It's something that already exists.
#539  July 21, 2015, 01:20:49 am
    • Peru
And it's a bold faced lie to imply that those controls are the reason it takes a year to master a new fighting game.
Maybe he wants to try the brawler formula in a "proper" fighting game, since PSASBR was a disaster.

#540  July 21, 2015, 01:34:31 am
We posted that at the same time. :/

It's existed for years, the thing is making a well designed game with simplistic inputs. Smash is one of the few (if not only) that caught on long term.