YesNoOk

Fight.def - Round and Draw questions (Read 1170 times)

Started by Krizalid99v2, December 02, 2011, 01:37:00 am
Share this topic:
Fight.def - Round and Draw questions
#1  December 02, 2011, 01:37:00 am
  • You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance
I have 2 questions regarding the fight.def file:

1) In the [Round] section I have up to Round 9 specified. In Survival Mode, it can obviously go beyond Round 9. So is it possible to have it so that once it passes Round 9 in Mugen, I can specify an anim to play for the rest of the rounds after?

2) In the [Round] section again, there is a part called the Draw Text area, this is for specifying the Draw aspects should a round be drawn in Mugen. This is shown below:

Code:
; Draw text
draw.offset = 144,120
draw.spr = 6,2
draw.displaytime = 550

Is it possible to specify a sound file to play for Draw? I've tried adding a draw.snd = 1,2 (1,2 is the draw voice in my fight.snd) line, but it doesn't seem to work. Is this a limitation in Mugen 1.0 or is there another code to do it?

Thanks in advance.
Fighting games with emphasis on non-regular characters:
http://www.youtube.com/krizalid99v2
Re: Fight.def - Round and Draw questions
#2  December 02, 2011, 02:43:27 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
is .snd the right format there. What does it use in the other settings, you may simply need to write it differently. draw.sound for example.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Fight.def - Round and Draw questions
#3  December 02, 2011, 04:07:05 am
  • You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance
is .snd the right format there. What does it use in the other settings, you may simply need to write it differently. draw.sound for example.

Well going by the other parameters in this section (KO, Fight, Time Over, etc.) they all use .snd, so it should be the right format.

I guess it's a MUGEN limitation for now.
Fighting games with emphasis on non-regular characters:
http://www.youtube.com/krizalid99v2