YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734943 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#741  September 14, 2018, 01:43:48 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
The leaks so far have been on point, aside from Isabelle not an Echo Fighter.  The remaining ones are a Square Enix character (Geno) and a Gen 7 Pokémon.
#742  September 14, 2018, 02:35:46 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Looking over the gameplay footage some more, I’m impressed with how they worked Isabelle’s role in Animal Crossing into her moves.  Building public works projects like signs and swings, maintaining the town hall, and celebrating the player’s achievements; They totally could have gotten away with making her an echo and nobody would’ve complained, but they put in the extra work for Isabelle.
#743  September 16, 2018, 01:37:03 pm
    • USA
A couple of leaks/rumors/news/whatever you want to call it just popped up:

The latest issue of Corocoro had an article on Smash, claiming that at least 108 stages are in the game.  If this is legit, it would mean the 103 stage count from the last direct wasn’t final.

Also, Vergeben’s back again, seemingly confirming that the Gen 7 Pokémon rep he mentioned before is in fact Incineroar, along with once again calling out Ken as an echo fighter.
#744  September 16, 2018, 02:15:42 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I think Isabelle is a perfect choice for Smash, and I'm happy they went out of their way to make her unique instead of a clone. Yes, more a semi-clone, but not an echo.

Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#745  September 16, 2018, 03:12:22 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hm.  Out of the many different Pokémon there are, really would have liked it not to be Incineroar.  I just don't get the appeal, it's such a bland Pokemon with much better designed pre-evolutions, plus the whole diversity of Pokemon types would have been nice if they didn't go with another Fire but whatever.  Just not my guy to use then, leave it with the Fire Emblem cast I suppose.

Of course, what he goes on to say is all but straight confirmed true, we should expect plenty off post-launch content and see what else DLC brings us.  I would still like to see a number of Square Enix characters make the jump outside the fan favorite Geno, who'll likely make the initial roster.
#746  September 16, 2018, 03:26:39 pm
    • USA
One thing in Incineroar’s favor is that he already has the best final smash in the game baked into his move pool.

#747  September 16, 2018, 03:37:15 pm
    • USA
Eh.  I get it, but there's a line between funny and stupid, and personally that crosses the line.  I liked Primarina's spirit bomb or even Decidueye's tad bit boring raining arrows better.  Plus I feel like that would clash if used in Little Mac's stage?  Might just be looking too deep into that though, I mean, Captain Falcon just pulls a racetrack out of nowhere for his final smash.

It was just such a forgettable Pokémon for me that I practically almost never touched it, and only did because I got a shiny one in a wonder trade.  That I ended up banking anyways because I wasn't a fan of it.  More power to those who like it though I guess, seeing how sure this usually accurate leaker is.
#748  September 16, 2018, 03:56:41 pm
    • USA
I mean I’ve always been a fan of Incineroar personally, but putting personal preferences aside I feel like he has the most potential for Smash.  They’ve never really had a dedicated grappler/wrestler type character, so that alone makes me interested to see how he’d play.
#749  September 16, 2018, 04:01:32 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Incineroar makes the most sense since he's literally a heel fighter already.
Plus he has plot armor due to Ash having one(or at least the pre evo)

Dunno how to feel about a possible Geno rep. On the one hand its well deserved and would potencially open the gates to actually rereleasing the game one day, along with getting more attention to the series as a whole.

On the other hand, Geno is so obvious. I hope they pull the rug from under us and have Neku or someone else but its probably Geno.
#750  September 16, 2018, 04:18:48 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Eh.  I get it, but there's a line between funny and stupid, and personally that crosses the line.  I liked Primarina's spirit bomb or even Decidueye's tad bit boring raining arrows better.  Plus I feel like that would clash if used in Little Mac's stage?  Might just be looking too deep into that though, I mean, Captain Falcon just pulls a racetrack out of nowhere for his final smash.
Ice Climbers summon a giant Iceberg regardless what stage they are in, King K. Rool somehow teleports his opponents to Kong Island for him to nuke, Ridley and Fox/Falco/Wolf pulls the opponent to deep space, etc. 

Don't see how Incineroar's Z-move is the one that looks strange.  They are just Final Smashes.

I just don't get the appeal
There is.  #1 traded Pokémon in GTS in the past, #1 choice in Pokémon Refresh (surprisingly; also both are from the official Global Link), #1 VGC '18 Pokémon, has a major movie role, frequent anime appearences to the point where there could be a chance the main character's Torracat can evolve into this in the future.

You'd be surprised to see how popular it is. 

I don't see the reason for Decidueye to be in Smash other than the fact it is a Final Stage Grass starter.  It's like Sceptile in the past after its Mega Form was shown.
Incineroar looks like it can have a diverse moveset with command grab possibilities combined with ranged projectiles.

While on the topic of what other Pokémon can work in Smash, Gardevoir would've been my second pick with Rowlet and Tapu Koko in third.

On the other hand, Geno is so obvious. I hope they pull the rug from under us and have Neku or someone else but its probably Geno.
I never realized how much I want Neku as a playable character with badge mechanics.  Sadly, other than Geno and a couple of Mario RPG remixes, I have a feeling we won't see any other Square media in Smash (assist trophy, media, trophies) but I hope I'm wrong.
Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:32:48 pm by Kirishima
#751  September 16, 2018, 04:45:22 pm
    • USA
Incineroar's is the one that can hypothetically pull a character into a little cutscene during the attack just like it does in Sun/Moon that just so happens to be done on a stage similar to one we already have as playable.  Ice Climber's iceberg is interactive on the actual stage, not pulling you away from it and K. Rool's doesn't have a matching stage.  It's just a little jarring to watch is all.  Not game breaking or anything but just weird to watch.

I'm not surprised at the cat's popularity.  I've known if it previously.  What I said was I don't get it.  It's not very appealing.  It seems there was very little thought put into its design process and does not appeal to me.  Cat wrestler with championship belt made of fire.  By all means, others can enjoy it and have fun, which it seems they do in droves, I'll just pass.
#752  September 16, 2018, 06:21:19 pm
    • USA
When you phrase it like that, cat wrestler with a championship belt made of fire sounds way cooler than clown seal or owl with leaves.  :P

But it’s cool either way.  I don’t mean to be argumentative or say you need to change your mind or anything.  I was just throwing in my two cents.
#753  September 16, 2018, 06:50:38 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Personally, I would love to see an Alolan Starter in the game, and Incineroar has the best chance in my opinion. Even though I do like Primarina in general, Incineroar fits better when it comes to fighting, but Sakurai's team probably can figure out some stuff to make Primarina work. But that's only if they decide to put one in.
#754  September 16, 2018, 11:44:30 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I have to say Incineroar has the best chance so far if Lycanroc isn't considered. I've been brain storming possible moves for its tilts and Smashes at work all day. Decidueye may also have a chance but it's already considered for Pokken as well as Sceptile.

As for Geno, that guy's only appeared twice in gaming history iirc.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#755  September 16, 2018, 11:53:32 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Pokémon is an interesting story.

A lot of people were locking on Decidueye from the get go.
Suddenly, Mimikyu was the frontrunner ...

Then the debate about Decidueye or Incineroar.

Tapu Koko was thrown in now and then, and ...  BAM Lycanroc.

People can't really decide a Gen 7 choice, becuase there are NO clear frontrunners for the part.

Even Sceptile and Gardevoir are somewhat likley outside of the Gen 7 discussion due to ORAS being released and popular around the Ballot time. We have not seen Gardevoir return in a Pokéball yet, and Sceptile is a popular Grass evolution which would fill the gap which Charizard and Greninja have, while also representing R/S/E, which was a very succesfull generation for the games, it even blew GameFreak away about the reception, and is part of why Pokémon seems like a never ending story to this day.

I don't know. Incineroar does sound likely because of Verg, but I can take literally any Pokémon out of the ones mentioned and be ok, as there were no clear "I want THAT Pokémon" this time around for me.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#756  September 17, 2018, 01:18:23 am
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Blech, how about none of 'em? Out of all the possible Pokemon I've heard people talk about, not a single one of them sounds good. Though to be fair, I didn't like Gen 7 and I can't think of any Pokemon that's Smash-worthy that isn't already in.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#757  September 17, 2018, 01:21:50 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Personally I would've liked them to go with an Ultra Beast, considering how important they are to Sun/Moon's plot, though my actual pick would've been Golisopod because it's Guzma's main Pokémon and it looks really freaking cool.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#758  September 17, 2018, 04:02:26 am
    • USA
Golisopod would be fun, mixing it its mixture of being visually a terror with his ability forcing him to be a coward, retreating when hit with enough damage.  All the more so if they throw in Guzma in the background like Red/Leaf.

I actually haven't played Sun, Moon or the Ultras in a while now, did Golisopod have a Z-move of its own that I'm forgetting?  I mean, it's not a necessity, Greninja doesn't turn into Ash-Greninja this game and they actually downgraded Charizard back to the triple attack from Brawl.  But I think the most was that Guzma liked hording all the Bug Z-stones for himself.

Also this little hypothetical of Golisopod with Guzma has me pondering Giovanni in Smash with Persian, Nidoking and Rhydon as his triple to swap through compared to the Pokémon Trainer.  Man, I hate thinking of ideas that'll never come to pass.
#759  September 17, 2018, 04:48:38 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Golisopod never had its own Z-move. Only the Alolan starters, Lycanroc, Kommo-o, Mew, Snorlax, Marshadow, Pikachu, Eevee, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Alolan Raichu and Mimikyu had unique Z-moves.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#760  September 17, 2018, 04:52:31 am
    • USA
Shame.  Villain should have gotten something neat for himself, especially one they want to redeem.  Ah well, they just stole Strider Hiryu's moves for Greninja, they can make something up for a large samurai shrimp.