YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734629 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#761  September 17, 2018, 02:02:24 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
At this point, we are just guessing on which Pokémon's going into the game. It could be a completely random Pokémon at this point, so I'll just wait and see who's going to make the cut.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#762  September 17, 2018, 02:08:06 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
If we get an Ultra Beast, this is who I want to see!

Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#763  September 17, 2018, 02:13:50 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#764  September 17, 2018, 05:42:12 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
If we get an Ultra Beast, this is who I want to see!

You know, I still need to beat Pokémon Moon, so I do not know what is that mosquito Pokémon is.

It is probably for the best. That thing is pretty freaky.

This is Buzzwole, a Ultra Beast. It's Sun's poster Ultra Beast. It's also perhaps the most popular out of the Ultra Beasts.

Haha. I can understand it might seem like a strange choice, but hell he would be cool imo.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#765  September 17, 2018, 09:03:06 pm
Looks like we're getting closer for the game. I already have the Switch now and make sure to be careful right now.
#766  September 17, 2018, 10:23:10 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Incineroar is indeed a nice addition.
This is fate.
#767  September 18, 2018, 12:20:06 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It occurred to me that because they also included the Pikachu Libre costume in this game, they could totally do Incineroar’s reveal trailer like cutting a wrestling promo.
#768  September 18, 2018, 12:27:08 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
It occurred to me that because they also included the Pikachu Libre costume in this game, they could totally do Incineroar’s reveal trailer like cutting a wrestling promo.

I'd flip out if that was the case.
#769  September 19, 2018, 12:16:13 am
    • USA
A Nintendo press kit just surfaced with renders of a bunch of characters’ alt costumes, including a new alt for Yoshi based on Crafted World.

#770  September 19, 2018, 01:45:02 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Curious as to how they're going to be able to differentiate between that and regular Yoshi at such a small scale.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#771  September 19, 2018, 03:53:33 am
    • USA
This week’s song is the title theme for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer arranged by K.K. Slider himself, Kazumi Totaka.

Are We THERE Yet?
#772  September 21, 2018, 01:08:32 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
#773  September 21, 2018, 01:13:55 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
question relating to this: would you guys rather have geno or sora to be a part of smash

for me i'd rather have geno because many people have been requesting geno to be in smash
#774  September 21, 2018, 04:25:54 am
    • USA
Much as I like Kingdom Hearts, I don’t think Sora would be a good fit for Smash from a development standpoint. They’d have to tiptoe around all of the Disney stuff so hard to avoid being charged out the ass for licensing.  Like, the rights to use the Mickey head for the Kingdom Key’s keychain would probably cost them more than all of Sega, Konami and Capcom’s content combined.
#775  September 21, 2018, 06:17:39 am
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Be that as it may, the fact that Shinji Hashimoto even answered emphatically, and the screen cap is immortalized (I won't be deleting this anytime soon), his word is a signal of things to come. If I were to do a Family Feud poll asking for the most wanted character in Smash, Sora would be number one. Sora for Smash is, as of today, inevitable.

For those worried about Nintendo requesting a license for the mouse logo keychain, I present to you an alternative, the Kingdom Hearts heart logo: http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts
#776  September 21, 2018, 06:20:55 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
If I were to do a Family Feud poll asking for the most wanted character in Smash, Sora would be number one.

That's an extremely bold claim, do you have the numbers to back it up?  And I mean actual numbers, not "I ran a poll on this one website and the users of that particular site said they wanted Sora" numbers.
#777  September 21, 2018, 11:02:57 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I wouldn't say he's number one, but by general overall view of websites, videos and polls I find people usually tend to throw him in there somewhere.  Within the top 10 seems more likely, which is still a great deal higher than many others people have been asking for.

I'd tend to agree that the licensing fees just to get him into anything would be a hassle, but then they also went out of their way to include him for something much more obscure as a summon in World of Final Fantasy.  If they can waste resources for him on something so small, I can imagine they would go to greater lengths to get him into something as big as Smash.
#778  September 21, 2018, 04:46:40 pm
    • USA
Fake leaks, grain of salt, yadda yadda, but this image started making the rounds today and if it’s fake it’s a damn good fake.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:34:14 pm by Person Man
Requesting For French Translation (Disney and Smash)
#779  September 21, 2018, 09:56:13 pm
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
I found this post by French Twitter user Algarade discussing the complications that could arise with Disney if Sora makes it into Smash. He also opines that Disney could impose a bar on crossovers with other owned venues like The Simpsons and Star Wars. The thread is in French and quite long, so I'll need some translation paraphrasing assistance. If anyone would like to translate this, it would be much appreciated.

Source: https://twitter.com/Pouapouap/status/1043142248337166344

EDIT:
That's an extremely bold claim, do you have the numbers to back it up?  And I mean actual numbers, not "I ran a poll on this one website and the users of that particular site said they wanted Sora" numbers.

I'll quote you four sources.

1. GameFAQs relay from Inside Games (Japanese): Sora #5, Rex and Pyra #1
2. Source Gaming: Sora 3.92% (223 - number one of Square Enix reps, 17 out of top 20), King K. Rool 8.98% (641, 1 overall)
3. Nintendo Life: Sora #3 (501 votes), Inkling #1 (1007 votes)
4. Bagogames: Sora #4, Shovel Knight #1
Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:13:43 pm by no1wammy
#780  September 21, 2018, 11:58:45 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
If I were to do a Family Feud poll asking for the most wanted character in Smash, Sora would be number one. Sora for Smash is, as of today, inevitable.
*posts a bunch of polls where Sora isn't even number 1*

:(

Seriously dude? 17th place in a poll = SORA IN SMASH IS INEVITABLE.

If Sora was in 2nd place just behind Inkling and K. Rool in the sources you posted, your argument would have some leg to stand ("Sora is the best from the rest!" ), but as for now you only proved that Sora is objectively not the most popular choice for Smash.
Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:23:36 am by Foobs