Ask Barker (Read 1413255 times)

Started by walt, March 13, 2013, 05:40:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ask Basara-Kun!
#941  July 12, 2014, 03:13:19 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I saw that taskmaster was one of your favorite any plan for him?
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#942  July 12, 2014, 03:58:10 am
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
-What started your passion for cosplay?

-Who was the first character you ever cosplayed?

-Is Android 17 a staple of your cosplay lineup?

-What do you usually do to cure boredom?

-Some of your best childhood memories?
Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:59:08 am by Saohc
#943  July 12, 2014, 07:00:46 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I saw that taskmaster was one of your favorite any plan for him?
Well, for a while was in plans... but for cosplay XD nothing about MUGEN, at least not right now

-What started your passion for cosplay?

-Who was the first character you ever cosplayed?

-Is Android 17 a staple of your cosplay lineup?

-What do you usually do to cure boredom?

-Some of your best childhood memories?
-The same anime series I see and the videogames I play motives me to cosplay, I got the idea since 2000-1, but wasn't until 2003 that I did the step forward and I said "OK, let's do it"
-Tenchi Masaki from Tenchi Muyo! TV
-Not really, always I tried to vary between easy and complex costumes, all depends of the character I like to do
-I usually listen music and/or play some videogames when I'm boring, and also I wanto to create things in my PC, not just MUGEN stuff
-The ones when I went on vacations with my family and travel for good part of Chile (beach, mountain, country, desert, etc). Also, when I collected and played videogames in my childhood

Yeah, that's what I meant.
I got it then XD

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:18:12 am by Basara-Gorath
#944  July 12, 2014, 07:41:32 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Well hey, it hasn't even been 3 days so if you wanna continue don't feel pressured to give it up!
#945  July 12, 2014, 08:12:05 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
have you ever won any costume competitions?

Do you have any voice actor autographs?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#946  July 12, 2014, 08:22:23 am
    • Chile
Well hey, it hasn't even been 3 days so if you wanna continue don't feel pressured to give it up!
Sure?? I mean, my time is almost over and saturday probably I'll be out in an event and stuff. Well, I think I can answer a few more questions, I guess (but DW will be next, you know)

have you ever won any costume competitions?

Do you have any voice actor autographs?
-Yes, mostly in my first 4-5 years cosplaying. I won first, second and third place, I won in a team various times and even I got people's choice prize :P
-No, but if it counts, I got some autographs and (mostly) photos with famous international cosplayers when they came to Chile, like Francesca Dani, Kitty Honey or Nadyasonika

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#947  July 12, 2014, 12:18:23 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
-Since I'm in a family business I got a special schedule: like 5 hours per day (half of shift) and I earn like US$180 per month circa. It's few, but I got my own house tax-free and the lunch and locomotion money comes from the office, so the whole salary goes to my pocket. But sometimes I got fulltime turn to replace someone in the office, so I should earn more with that

USD$180 per month? What is the average salary income in Chile?

I earn about USD$1600 per month in Spain, but almost all my salary runs out at the end of the month as living costs here are prohibitive. Would you recommend me selling my house, packing everything and moving to Chile to live a "luxury life" with all my savings?
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#948  July 12, 2014, 03:27:40 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I think he missed one zero, if not, we are wasting our money living in these stupid countries where money worth shit.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#949  July 12, 2014, 04:19:05 pm
    • USA
-Out of every country in the world, which one is the most stable, financially?
#950  July 12, 2014, 07:32:02 pm
    • Chile
-Since I'm in a family business I got a special schedule: like 5 hours per day (half of shift) and I earn like US$180 per month circa. It's few, but I got my own house tax-free and the lunch and locomotion money comes from the office, so the whole salary goes to my pocket. But sometimes I got fulltime turn to replace someone in the office, so I should earn more with that

USD$180 per month? What is the average salary income in Chile?

I earn about USD$1600 per month in Spain, but almost all my salary runs out at the end of the month as living costs here are prohibitive. Would you recommend me selling my house, packing everything and moving to Chile to live a "luxury life" with all my savings?
As I said, I'm in a family business so my situation is way different than normal people, the salary here is much more than my salary (like US$378 per month), but everything here is so expensive, I dare to say even more than in England, and the life quality isn't the best either. So no, I wouldn't recommend to live here in Chile at least, we're in a sort ofcrisis because of various things, like salaries and stuff

-Out of every country in the world, which one is the most stable, financially?
Maybe Germany, but I'm not sure

Ask DivineWolf!
#951  July 13, 2014, 03:57:00 am
    • Chile
OK, time to change. Y my victim selected this time is @DW: ;)
And I start with this: I see you like Piccolo, so tell me which is your favourite moment of him (not necessary from DBZ only) and which is your favourite MUGEN version of him??

Mog

#952  July 13, 2014, 04:07:16 am
Have you ever seen a ghost?
#953  July 13, 2014, 05:39:52 am
    • USA
-Have you ever attempted AI coding? (Reference: The readme for your version of Kung Fu Man)

-Do you play doujin fighting games?

DW

#954  July 13, 2014, 06:00:14 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
OK, time to change. Y my victim selected this time is @DW: ;)
And I start with this: I see you like Piccolo, so tell me which is your favourite moment of him (not necessary from DBZ only) and which is your favourite MUGEN version of him??

Man what...? >:[ People are still asking you questions, so you still gotta go. :P

I'll answer you regardless.

Yes, Piccolo is my fave DBZ char and one of my all time fave chars period. My favorite moment of him would have to be when he fused with Kami and became the "Nameless Namek". He was the strongest Z-warrior at that point. Able to go blow for blow with 17 and could have killed Cell with no problem. Though Cell of course used Solar Flare and ran away. :P He even scared Vegeta out of his Super Saiyan state due to his sheer power output. There's a lot of other moments, but that time had to be the most epic imo.

As for my fave MUGEN version of him. I haven't actually seen too many different version of him honestly. Overall it'd have to be Choujin's version. I love his Lv3 dragon rush, as he never had that move in any commercial video game, though did have the ability to do Multi-Form. Among tons of other great abilities he has.

DW

#955  July 13, 2014, 06:06:16 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Damn... These questions are directed at me... My bad....

Have you ever seen a ghost?

I don't think so... If I have, I'm probably too traumatized to remember!

-Have you ever attempted AI coding? (Reference: The readme for your version of Kung Fu Man)

-Do you play doujin fighting games?

-Kind of. But I'm so busy with fine tuning and doing other things to balance a char, that by the time I'm finished, I'm pretty much like "F that" when it comes time to start coding AI. I've had multiple people try to teach me and all, but I'm too lazy. :P

-Not really. Does Yatagarasu count? I played that a few times. Aside from that, I haven't played any others.
Re: Ask DivineWolf!
#956  July 13, 2014, 06:11:44 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Do you play Zelda? if so, is your nicknamed based on TP?
#957  July 13, 2014, 06:11:54 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Hey, DW (I always feel like Launchpad McQuack when I type that) I've always wondered something: there was a time when it seemed like you were always going to be done with creating after just "one more character". Did you finally reach a balance so that you weren't getting as tired of it as it seemed you were before, or is it just that "one more character" became 5 or 10 more characters?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

DW

#958  July 13, 2014, 06:17:05 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Do you play Zelda? if so, is your nicknamed based on TP?

Yes, LoZ is one of my fave game series. No, my name isn't based of TP. It's just my fave animal combined with the opposite of evil. Originally I was going to go with "God's Wolf", but after giving it some more thought, Divine had a better ring to it.

Hey, DW (I always feel like Launchpad McQuack when I type that) I've always wondered something: there was a time when it seemed like you were always going to be done with creating after just "one more character". Did you finally reach a balance so that you weren't getting as tired of it as it seemed you were before, or is it just that "one more character" became 5 or 10 more characters?

Kinda a mix of both lol. It depends on my mood. At a time though, I wasn't doing anything for like 4-5 months. I figure that I just need to step away from it for awhile. I didn't plan to make as many chars as I did. Though when you want something done, you gotta step up and do it yourself. I'm not one to ask/request stuff to be done for me.
#959  July 13, 2014, 06:20:02 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
#960  July 13, 2014, 06:30:30 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Feel free to not answer some/any of these

- Divine-style is really popular, do you feel that as a system its at a final state or it still needs improvement?
- What kind of selection process do you use to choose your next WIP?
- Have you ever thought about doing a character that does not use your custom style/template, or adapts a new kind of system?
- I noticed this with Infinite, many people seem to take issues with his characters due to his creative liberties far outside of that of the source game. What would you say to those who dislike a style because it takes liberties with characters outside of source material? Do you think source accuracy as a priority, even in a custom style?
- What kind of music do you like lol