YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 733999 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1881  January 16, 2020, 10:01:26 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1882  January 16, 2020, 10:22:48 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Byleth is the best reveal in Smash solely due to the amount of salt it generated.
#1883  January 16, 2020, 10:23:01 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
#1884  January 16, 2020, 10:25:26 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Maybe they can do one more form of content via Fighter Ballot like before.

what are we to expect from the next 6? Mario, Zelda and Pokémon?
Gen 8 Pokémon or a Pokémon in general.  If this guy can make it, no reason for a SwSh rep to do the same (even tho a Spirit event for them just happened...)

And yet, there is always a possibility for someone new in BotW2 and Metriod Prime 4.

Byleth is the best reveal in Smash solely due to the amount of salt it generated.
Had it been a sneak peek for fighter pack 2 it would have still garnered salt but not at this level.
Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:29:39 pm by Kirishima
#1885  January 16, 2020, 10:45:48 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I'm sorry for my overreaction.
It's just like Corrin announced for Smash all over again.
I'm not dissapointed. I'm absolutely okay with this.
This is fate.
#1886  January 16, 2020, 10:51:22 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
The first character for the next fighters pass will tell the tale methinks

There may be at least the ability to say for instance "two nintendo, two classic third party characters, two modern third party characters" and use that going forward
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1887  January 16, 2020, 11:01:23 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Sakurai, your FE Bias is showing. No wonder it took them this long to reveal Byleth, they were probably just bracing themselves for the imminent backlash of epic proportions. TBH, I'd probably wind up using Byleth more than any of the other DLC characters released so far anyway, and I haven't really been blown away by any of the DLC characters either. If nothing else, I gots a new waifu to ogle and the stage looks nice, so I'll take it.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#1888  January 16, 2020, 11:39:10 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Byleth was inevitable in my opinion. But as the last fighter in the Fighters Pass disappoints me. I’m not mad though.
#1889  January 16, 2020, 11:57:00 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#1890  January 17, 2020, 01:28:51 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Dante looks weird here.  I don't like this reboot.

Eugh.  It's just so....disappointing.  You can't even get mad, you just skip into the depression state at this point.  More Marth, freakin' yay.  Literally the only enjoyment I garner out of Fire Emblem is Awkward Zombie's reinterpretation of Marth as a royal snob and Roy as a gremlin, this character does nothing for me.  Maybe inching out over Joker because at least this character's stage isn't headache-inducing.  All Byleth here tells me is they had a very good foundation for Ivy Valentine at one point.

C'est la vie, though.  There's Cuphead and Altair looking better than average for Mii costumes.  There's more characters in another pass.  Banjo alone sold this one for its asking price, the rest were just along for the ride.  I'm surprised at Altair being the chosen candidate for Assassin's Creed representation.  I mean, he's my favorite before the series got stale and lost its story focus so I dropped off, but Ezio's kinda the poster boy.

I think the highlight of this video was Sakurai teaching counting.
Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 01:32:09 am by Long John Killer
#1891  January 17, 2020, 03:18:37 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I am so mad my man Cuphead is just a Sans accessory. No, I didn't want him as a playable. And they got Assassin's Creed sucked into the Sans megameme too? Ugh.
#1892  January 17, 2020, 04:50:40 pm
Hey, games got like 80+ characters I cant really justify being salty over 1.
#1893  January 17, 2020, 08:52:34 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
It's a bit easier to justify when you're paying extra for it.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1894  January 17, 2020, 11:28:55 pm
You actually don't have to do that and Sakurai DID say (he mentions it again in the last direct) that you should only buy the season pass if your confident in what will be in store as each character can be bought separate. And like I said, we already got like a massive roster of which highly demanded characters like Ridely, K.Rool, CHROM, ect. were in the base game so quite frankly I can't be upset about new guys regardless of franchise they come from.
#1895  January 17, 2020, 11:48:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm not even upset about Byleth, TBH.  As far as flavor-of-the-week Fire Emblem protags go he at least looks unique to play and not just like Marth #5.

It's more the fact that after everything else in the fighters pass was so unexpected, unique, and lovingly crafted it can't help but be a let-down that a year's worth of build up led to the safest, most obvious and uninspired choice they could have possibly made.  "Fire Emblem sword user" is literally the biggest community joke about a bland, wasted space.

It's like if you had a meal at a high-class restaurant where the first four courses were all amazing gourmet dishes, and then for dessert they just gave you a Twinkie still in the wrapper.
Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 12:21:26 am by Person Man
#1896  January 18, 2020, 12:15:48 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
And that's when you learn that the restaurant owner actually owns the local Twinkie factory.
#1897  January 18, 2020, 12:32:56 am
I'm not even upset about Byleth, TBH.  As far as flavor-of-the-week Fire Emblem protags go he at least looks unique to play and not just like Marth #5.

It's more the fact that after everything else in the fighters pass was so unexpected, unique, and lovingly crafted it can't help but be a let-down that a year's worth of build up led to the safest, most obvious and uninspired choice they could have possibly made.  "Fire Emblem sword user" is literally the biggest community joke about a bland, wasted space.

It's like if you had a meal at a high-class restaurant where the first four courses were all amazing gourmet dishes, and then for dessert they just gave you a Twinkie still in the wrapper.

Well in that regard we have don't anyone but ourselves to blame for hyping and assuming what we simply did not know to begin with. Oh and somebodies bound to have appreciate that twinkie lol!
#1898  January 18, 2020, 03:05:04 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I mean, I'll still eat the Twinkie.  I'm not too proud to say it.
#1899  January 18, 2020, 04:53:04 am
    • Brazil
Well in that regard we have don't anyone but ourselves to blame for hyping and assuming what we simply did not know to begin with. Oh and somebodies bound to have appreciate that twinkie lol!
Yeah, no, we don't. They have set up the standard and they raised the hype, don't give me this bullshit of "Its not their fault", because it fucking is.
#1900  January 18, 2020, 05:19:41 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Why is negative blame being placed exactly? Isn't a new character a good thing?