YesNoOk

Billy, the Blue Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger - Jmorphman coding! (Read 484835 times)

Started by Balthazar, April 16, 2014, 10:07:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Billy, the Blue Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger (new hope with crowdfunding!)
#401  April 07, 2016, 03:17:35 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
2016 is the year of Power Rangers in Mugen.  First the Zords, now Bimmy to start the floodgates of Sentai edits from the Japanese Mugen community.
#402  April 07, 2016, 12:57:43 pm
oh it's the Jman! so are you gonna make him in your pots style? and will he take a back seat to your other projects?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#403  April 07, 2016, 01:23:36 pm
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA
GO GO JMORPHMAN!
DODODODODO
GO GO JMORPHMAN!
DODODODODO
GO GO JMORPHMAN!
MIGHTY JMORPHIN POWER RANGERS!
#404  April 07, 2016, 02:00:46 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, THAT's surprise, J-man.
Waiting! XD
#405  April 07, 2016, 02:09:01 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Oh, Man. Billy in POTS style.
I'm happy, I just can't say anything else. I'm happy. Thanks Jmorphman and Bath and all the Bakers!
#406  April 07, 2016, 02:13:53 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Our buddy JMorph is very capable of coding in a style set apart from POTS's template (actually this might be his first real endeavor). We ARE going for something new and fresh here. With him being so high-regarded, having crossed paths before AND being a Sentai fan, I couldn't have wished for someone better to put the coding in Billy!
2016 is the year of Power Rangers in Mugen.  First the Zords, now Bimmy to start the floodgates of Sentai edits from the Japanese Mugen community.
I never really ever get wind of anything the Japanese Mugen community does. As long as the project's assets are treated with respect I'd have no beef.

Oh, Man. Billy in POTS style.
Again, this will NOT be done in POTS style, you're drawing your own conclusions here. Open your mind for something new!
#407  April 07, 2016, 02:24:25 pm
well since he is sprited in Z2 style, i would actually really like it if he is also coded in Z2 style, with all of the crazy chains, arial combos, alpha counters, and flashy supers.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#408  April 07, 2016, 02:31:11 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Without a doubt it will worth it. I'm looking for the result! :)
#409  April 07, 2016, 05:05:18 pm
I never really ever get wind of anything the Japanese Mugen community does. As long as the project's assets are treated with respect I'd have no beef.
Seanaltly's characters got turned into different versions (Mr.X to Nemesis, Solid into Liquid) by few Japanese authors.  Don't be surprised if someone from that community decides to do a head/palette swap with Blue Ranger and say, going for the rest of the Rangers and even anyone else from the Sentai-verse.

Coding-wise might not be like JMan's, but variety is very welcoming (although beta-states are inevitable).
#410  April 08, 2016, 01:29:46 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
and will he take a back seat to your other projects?
all of my other projects continue to be on hold because I'm lazy

With him being so high-regarded, having crossed paths before AND being a Sentai fan, I couldn't have wished for someone better to put the coding in Billy!
I'm not sure I qualify as a sentai fan because I haven't seen a Power Rangers show in over a decade BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT I have been reading these very funny/insightful recaps of the original Power Rangers series on Comics Alliance, and also I have read the first issue of the brand new ongoing MMPR comic and plan to continue reading because it was a good one, so that should balance things out maybe?

well since he is sprited in Z2 style, i would actually really like it if he is also coded in Z2 style, with all of the crazy chains, arial combos, alpha counters, and flashy supers.
again, it's gonna be something new
#411  April 08, 2016, 01:45:51 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#412  April 19, 2016, 10:31:52 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#413  April 19, 2016, 10:51:00 pm
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA
#414  April 19, 2016, 11:31:49 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Knowing that the coding's in good hands, I'm sure this will be the coolest version of the Blue Ranger ever.
Re: Billy, the Blue Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger - JMorphman coding!
#415  April 24, 2016, 11:23:20 am
    • Netherlands
Yeah you can be sure of that!
Currently, most of his basic movements are in, we're still trying to tweak them so they feel fresh and unique. Gethits are in too, just missing Dizzy and Collapse. Oh and the human frame for the Shock gethit if I still wanna do that. Placing in attack animations has also been started on!
These aren't all his standing attacks (still missing st.Light Kick and st.Strong Punch) but I figured I would show some new things.

Billy probably won't get all of these, mostly the last 4 strong kicks are more Jason/Zach-esque. The flip kick might appear as a part of a Super, we'll see. Oh and that medium side kick turned out to be angled way too high! I'm redrawing the kick so he kicks more horizontally. I could salvage the standing leg though! The second side kick is a f+MK. I'm having some doubts about the quality of that standing spin kick though,  seems a bit wobbly,  right?
#416  April 24, 2016, 01:41:42 pm
Nitpicking much?
#417  April 24, 2016, 02:39:27 pm
    • Netherlands
I'm entitled to as much nitpicking as I please!
#418  April 24, 2016, 02:48:21 pm
    • Zimbabwe
I'm quite sure that Jh0nnY2k is nitpicking.
Jh0nnY2k, are you nitpicking?
And don't tell me that I'm nitpicking because I think that Jh0nnY2k is nitpicking.
#419  April 24, 2016, 03:57:34 pm
Any unused sprites can still be passed for a Sentai edit.  I recommend gathering them for reference in one spot when Billy gets released.
#420  April 24, 2016, 06:36:20 pm
  • Fight
    • Brazil
Any unused sprites can still be passed for a Sentai edit.  I recommend gathering them for reference in one spot when Billy gets released.

I was curious about one thing, ordered after a character is made, how is your situation ?! Opensource, particularly, creditable?

Why do I see people commenting that can be done other characters of the same kind about he