YesNoOk

"PotS style" Chun-Li (MEGA update... and also a minor update [06/20/19]) (Read 17297 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 20, 2018, 01:12:28 am
Share this topic:
Re: "PotS style" Chun-Li (MEGA update... and also a minor update [06/20/19])
#41  June 21, 2019, 06:53:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#42  June 21, 2019, 07:05:32 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

I'm going to try her later.
Also, really offtopic (sorry about this, I don't know where else I should post this)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#43  June 21, 2019, 07:33:54 am
    • USA
Which super? I just tried all the level 1's and didn't see anything out of the ordinary; the damage levels all looked completely normal. :S
#44  June 21, 2019, 08:16:26 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

It may be confusing, I went in Simul against 2 Joe, one of them used the super and took out my partner's entire health.
Edit: Oh, damn, I forgot F12 don't capture debug. it's state 3250. I said lvl1, it's a lvl2, my bad.
#45  June 21, 2019, 08:18:15 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
I had that issue, but only in the simultaneous tag mode (it was Golden Tiger Kick).  Kyo, POTS' Nash I believe, and I think a couple other characters from different creators had this issue.  But, since it was simultaneous mode, and with the tag uno set-up, I figured it was just being unstable and stopped using it. 
#46  June 21, 2019, 08:22:48 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Yes, I had this problem with Kyo too, but after the last update it didn't happen anymore. I guess simul mode is broken then.
Ok, sorry about this and back to the purpose of the thread. ;)
Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:55:25 am by DeathScythe
#47  June 21, 2019, 08:32:38 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
It's due to the characters's damage scaling system using enemynear-related trigger, which screwed up hard in Simul Mode. Tbf, coding for Simul is pretty different to Single matches and there aren't a lot of authors actually care about this mode (which is understandable, seeing how stupid and flawed that mode is).
#48  June 21, 2019, 12:49:52 pm
GJ!!!thanks nice char !!!!!
#49  June 21, 2019, 08:36:51 pm
Thanks for the updates !
#50  June 21, 2019, 08:49:40 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Nitpick time:
I know Shadow Lady's supposed to replicate her Alpha Appearance, but she just feels more like an EX version than an Evil Mode.
I'd rather see "Shadow Lady" reminiscent of her MvC appearance but maybe it's just a "no sprites" thing or it would be too cheap.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#51  June 22, 2019, 06:38:00 am
    • USA
This Joe issue is pertinent to the thread! It probably applies to all of my characters!

It may be confusing, I went in Simul against 2 Joe, one of them used the super and took out my partner's entire health.
Edit: Oh, damn, I forgot F12 don't capture debug. it's state 3250. I said lvl1, it's a lvl2, my bad.
I've tried everything I can think of: I've tried team versus matches with all Joe's, I had teams of AI Joe's with infinite supers, and still never ran into this issue at all. I'm totally stumped. :S

It's due to the characters's damage scaling system using enemynear-related trigger, which screwed up hard in Simul Mode. Tbf, coding for Simul is pretty different to Single matches and there aren't a lot of authors actually care about this mode (which is understandable, seeing how stupid and flawed that mode is).
That doesn't really make any sense; the dampener shouldn't really have much of any impact on the damage levels: if the dampener wasn't present at all, the supers would do the same damage as they normally do, there just wouldn't be any reduction if cancelled into from a special. And even then, EnemyNear isn't really used in the dampener itself—that's all calculated based on number of hits. The dampener might get indirectly affected by the EnemyNear issue (because EnemyNear is used as a trigger various VarSet/VarAdds used for the hit count variable, and I don't remember if it's been coded to take the simul issue into account), but that wouldn't cause the damage to drastically increase at all either.

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't imagine the EnemyNear issue is the problem here?

Nitpick time:
I know Shadow Lady's supposed to replicate her Alpha Appearance, but she just feels more like an EX version than an Evil Mode.
I'd rather see "Shadow Lady" reminiscent of her MvC appearance but maybe it's just a "no sprites" thing or it would be too cheap.
Well, the truth is, it is in fact "just" an EX mode, it's really not at all trying to be an actual mode/adaptation of Shadow Lady from MvC. I just wanted to make a SFA moveset alt mode, but slapping on a SFA palette and calling it a day was too underwhelming. That kickass Shadow Lady palette effect was too good to pass up! And like, jeez... Shadow Lady's moveset stinks (except Final Mission, but even that's just stolen from Shadow)! With this version of Shadow Lady, you're getting the best of both worlds!
Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:41:43 am by Jmorphman
#52  June 22, 2019, 07:06:56 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
First off, Shadow Lady's moveset is hype, and you're wrong :V

On the note of the Joe issue, it happened with the older versions of your characters, but the only characters I know of it happening were Joe and and all of the forms of Kyo in Simul Mode, with both versions of the Golden Tiger Kick and Level 1 Orochinagi respectively. With Joe it just happened any time he used Golden Tiger Kick on either opponent, one or both, but with Kyo it would happen in cases of Orochinagi hitting both opponents straight-on, one character blocking while the other character just taking the whole thing, or with certain characters with super-armor, Sentinel and Onslaught by XsLaught, for example.

With Orochinagi, the hits would just happen very rapidly, with each hit doing the same amount of damage each time and not stopping until the move itself stopped. With GTK, on the other hand, it would function almost as normal but the hits on the move pretty much just wouldn't stop until the move ends or the opponent gets KO'ed. It hasn't happened since both characters' updates on my end, so all I can suggest is to just fresh install the characters.
#53  June 22, 2019, 07:11:22 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

First off, Shadow Lady's moveset is hype, and you're wrong :V

On the note of the Joe issue, it happened with the older versions of your characters, but the only characters I know of it happening were Joe and and all of the forms of Kyo in Simul Mode, with both versions of the Golden Tiger Kick and Level 1 Orochinagi respectively. With Joe it just happened any time he used Golden Tiger Kick on either opponent, one or both, but with Kyo it would happen in cases of Orochinagi hitting both opponents straight-on, one character blocking while the other character just taking the whole thing, or with certain characters with super-armor, Sentinel and Onslaught by XsLaught, for example.

With Orochinagi, the hits would just happen very rapidly, with each hit doing the same amount of damage each time and not stopping until the move itself stopped. With GTK, on the other hand, it would function almost as normal but the hits on the move pretty much just wouldn't stop until the move ends or the opponent gets KO'ed. It hasn't happened since both characters' updates on my end, so all I can suggest is to just fresh install the characters.

Yesterday I went to Jmorph's site and noticed the version of Joe I had was outdated. I downloaded the new one. I have not tested yet but since the issue with Kyo was fixed I suppose is the same with Joe.
#54  June 22, 2019, 11:50:31 pm
    • USA
Ahhhhhhhh, now I know what's happening. Those old versions relied entirely on the juggle variable to ensure that the move did only the specific number of hits it was supposed to do. And those old versions also had the early, simul-unfriendly version of the juggle variable code, which behaved very poorly during simul. So moves like GTK and Orochinagi would do a hit every single possible opportunity they could, even if they were supposed to be limited to only one or three.

I could've sworn those were solved a long, long time ago. Like, did that old version of Joe still have the vanilla 2002 style of GTK, with the horizontal movement? I have to assume that I got rid of the simul bug when I switched it to 2002UM style, regardless as to whether the simul juggle fix was applied at the same time.

This is all your guy's fault for not updating! >:[