YesNoOk

Five Nights at Freddy's (Read 399121 times)

Started by Sleepy Eskimo, August 16, 2014, 05:51:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
#161  April 29, 2015, 02:11:53 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Looking at him, he's clearly built to harm or injure with fucing spike teeth and nails. But with the kid's spirits freed (assumedly), and the Purple Guy in Springtrap, who is this?

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#162  April 29, 2015, 03:37:06 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
For some reason, that just doesn't sit well with me at all.

The thing that sold the animatronics to me was their unsettling appearance; being drenched in the ponds of the uncanny valley.

Springtrap kinda steered away from this slightly, and now this thing is basically saying "hi hello i am the spooks be scared now"

That and he seems to reproduce by budding.
#163  April 29, 2015, 04:42:39 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Oh my. I loathe to think what he would do to his victims...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#164  April 29, 2015, 04:52:46 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I think the "Nightmare" bit is clueing us in that the animatronic is less rooted in reality than the previous ones. Like how the hallucinations in Game 3 aren't really "there," maybe this is the same kind of thing.

Also I forgot to respond to this :( :
I say Game Maker would be a better idea, can't say much about MMF since I've never used it. I've also fiddled around with GM8 before, so I know what I'm talking about.
I think I have some files for platformer projects on my laptop, I'd be glad to send them (and or if not on my laptop, link you to them), but I have a strong feeling in my gut that you know what you're doing. But if you want, talk to me about it.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Well I still haven't animated anything, if I decide to go further with this I'll probably have to animate a lot more shit before I even think about the whole engine, but thanks for the offer!
Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:30:49 am by Jango Hakamichi
#165  April 29, 2015, 06:01:49 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
this just feels like it's trying so hard to look scary that it ends up looking like a fucking joke
#166  April 29, 2015, 07:05:09 am
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
Are those mini freddys a part of him or no?
#167  April 29, 2015, 12:55:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm with Blackmore and Mangobox on this one.  Part of what made the original designs so creepy is that they looked like they weren't originally supposed to be scary.  They actually looked like creepy, poorly designed kids' mascots, and that was what made them so unsettling.  That new design looks like it's diving into straight-up ooga-booga-booga territory.

Also I'm wondering where the lore is going to go on this one.  After FNaF3, I don't feel like there are any questions left to answer.
#168  April 29, 2015, 12:58:46 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Who cares so long as there's money from screamy dorks and Geem Theery vids to be made

I hope he calls it "Freddy's Dead: The Final Night"
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#169  April 29, 2015, 01:13:32 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Also I'm wondering where the lore is going to go on this one.  After FNaF3, I don't feel like there are any questions left to answer.
The only questions I can think of off the top of my head are "which specific animatronic caused The Bite of '87, who is the victim, and why?" Also "What was Fredbear's Family Diner like?" But the biggest question is "In what part of the world is November considered to be in the Summer?"

(what if this new animatronic is Fredbear?!)
#170  April 29, 2015, 07:19:22 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
A few things I'd like to say, namely jesus christ it's barely been a year and we have three games (AND A FOURTH ONE ON THE WAY). I think this is a BIT much, just a BIT. I'm also kind of sad that Cawthon's using this success and....just doing more FNAF stuff. I think the guys at Yacht Club said it really well, "While we're going to be mostly known for Shovel Knight, we don't want to be the guys that JUST DO Shovel Knight." It's just, I wonder what ELSE he's capable of and a fourth game in a series that could've VERY reasonably concluded at the third one isn't really, well, exemplary of it, unless this has radically different gameplay but looking at that supposed release date I don't know how likely that is.

The new design looks kind of weird compared to everything else too, like it doesn't really...belong, I suppose? It's not even that it's not creepy it's just....out of place and doesn't really mesh with the motif that the other 3 games seemed to build up really well, even if they're not my cup of tea period.

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#171  April 29, 2015, 11:52:28 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
What if it ends up being a prequel to The Desolate Hope???
#172  April 30, 2015, 09:55:03 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
But the biggest question is "In what part of the world is November considered to be in the Summer?"
November is Summer here in South Africa.

I just have one question, did they explain who the Purple Man is? Haven't played FanF3 yet
#173  April 30, 2015, 12:57:33 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
FNaF3 explains who the Purple Man is in pretty excruciating detail, actually.

Spoiler: I guess?  If you care about spoilers in this game (click to see content)
#174  May 01, 2015, 06:41:13 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
November is Summer here in South Africa.
What Freddy Fazbear's Pizza is doing in South Africa is just one of many new questions that just sprang up from that answer.
#175  May 01, 2015, 07:16:35 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Is there anything saying it isn't in South Africa?

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#176  May 01, 2015, 08:33:39 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
If I'm not mistaken, the entire southern hemisphere would be in summer during the time we're in winter.
#177  May 01, 2015, 09:55:45 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#178  May 08, 2015, 03:05:56 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
so uh Jango Apparently Gametheory has gone back to proving it was the phone guy again. Even after he thought he was disproven then it was just reproven thoughts?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#179  May 08, 2015, 03:08:39 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Good god I hate this guy's voice
#180  May 08, 2015, 04:17:08 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

-[Все слова это только слова.]-