#4461  October 11, 2011, 11:44:55 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Re: wrestling
#4462  October 11, 2011, 03:27:18 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Though I hated the idea because it seemed like it was going nowhere....I still have to ask, again. Since when the hell did Triple H become GM of Raw? Maybe I missed it, but was the whole iMac GM thing scrapped for a reason? did Triple H fire/destroy it? or did they just abandon the idea without explanation, it's something that's been bothering me consistently.

Yes. The Anonymous Raw GM idea vanished into the aether. The end (for now).
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4463  October 11, 2011, 03:56:45 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Hooollly shit. That Raw upset me. Next week will be the first Raw I intentional miss watching in 14 years. That Raw was sooo bad to me...it was insulting. It went out of it's way to be insulting to someone like me. It was seriously one of the worst Wrestling programs I've ever seen. It was worse than WCW in 2000 to me. I know it gets said a lot but I'm done with WWE for now.

Triple H saying that he's not only better than everyone else on the roster but that they all suck, and not having that be the first time he's put them all down. The political undertones and how insulting it feels every time they bring them up and not having that be the first time they've done it. 40 wasted minutes of air time at the beginning of the show. 3 matches being stopped mid match for no reason, seeing as they could have waited for the matches to end. Another status quo sloppy divas match.

Michael Cole becoming the most annoying announcer of all time to me(yes, passing Mark Madden and Don West. For the last 3 years he's taken away from the product instead of adding to it), and how prominently and significantly he's featured. JR who is actually nice to listen to and at least toned down Cole a bit being removed. John Laurinaitis, whose monotone raspy voice and poor emotionless line delivery makes me wanna take a nap every time he talks, being promoted to a prominent speaking position. John Morrison continued to made to look like a bitch week after week. Everyone I enjoy either not being featured or being poorly represented.

John Cena's continued lack of appeal to someone my age and how strongly he's featured, and knowing that it's 100% because of his character, not because of him...I will NEVER understand the decision to change him from someone who is appealing to young, teenage, and adult fans to someone who is appealing to young fans, has mixed appeal to teenagers, and drives away adult fans. If it was to sell merchandise, the young fans would have gotten their parents to buy his stuff for them anyway, plus the older fans would have bought the stuff for themselves too if they didn't change. STUPID. Stupid.

I really had hope for Raw after what they did with CM Punk. It was new, it was original, and it was heading in the right direction. This...this sucks. This is terrible. CM Punk is literally the only reason for me to watch the show and that's just not good enough.
#4464  October 11, 2011, 04:04:06 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#4465  October 11, 2011, 04:48:23 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
"we are only a week or so away from Vengeance and only have two matches"

you forgot the mark henry, big show and randy orton tripple threat match..it wasnt announced yet but it will happen of course...

and a fucking kelly kelly vs bethr ematch where she gets back the title which will again totally suck

raw was totally awesome...it reminded me at the awesomness which was nWo no way out when the nWo organized it and practically every match was a unfair win

it will be just this show..next week there will be actual wrestling again i bet
#4466  October 12, 2011, 12:55:17 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Hopefully Smackdown this Friday is better...but I doubt it, I'd say I usually enjoy watching Raw more, but this last one...man that really was terrible.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Despite Kelly Kelly's lack of ability, it wasn't her fault this Monday at least :p, truthfully I'm bored of the Beth/Kelly feud, and I'm hoping it ends soon for good.

@Speedpreacher I know I've missed maybe parts of some shows, and maybe 1 or 2 over the last few months, but I never recall them having a legitimate excuse for whatever happened to the iMac GM, and I have a feeling it probably will never be explained, I was curious because I kept hearing rumours about eventual reveals and stuff, and of course nothing ever happened.
#4467  October 12, 2011, 01:00:53 am
    • Peru
you forgot the mark henry, big show and randy orton tripple threat match..it wasnt announced yet but it will happen of course...

Why? I think Show vs Henry and Rhodes vs Orton as 2 separate matches is much more likely to happen than leaving Rhodes out of the equation by booking a triple threat match between Show, Orton and Henry. The IC belt is gaining too much meaning now that Rhodes has it around his waist. He needs to defend it against someone, and that someone will most likely be Orton.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#4468  October 12, 2011, 05:04:48 am
  • FTW!!!
Rhodes needs to wear pants. He has women jealous of his legs.

I've already said this that they are toning down CM Punk's character immensely, and I knew that was going to happen. After hes done with H, who else does he have left to lay his pipebombs on?

A month ago he hated Cena and H

Now he's shaking hands with them

They ruined the buildup for Punk, yeah he's now a main event status but his character is put into the side for H's attention seeking OCD.

It is extremely sad to see JoMo is being a jobber, I would like to think WWE is testing him on how much he can handle losing match after match but I honestly dont know, he has great potential to be a great star ala Shawn Micheals.

The question is, who is WWE's next biggest star? Or Raw's I should say. My money is on Zack Ryder or Dolf Ziggler.
#4469  October 13, 2011, 06:43:06 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
There is no next biggest WWE star because the company is run by incompetent and petty men.

Glad to see that CM Punk's promo didn't lead anywhere but an entertaining gimmick PPV and then things returning to the same old shit just with more worked shoots.
#4470  October 13, 2011, 11:31:21 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Vince McMahon is the reason pro wrestling still exists as a national form of entertainment. He may have a big man fetish and he may book to please himself a lot of the time, but he's not incompetent. If he were the WWE wouldn't still be around.

Also, the term "worked shoot" makes about as much sense as "smark." In wrestling, something is either a work or a shoot, it can't be both. It's an oxymoron. Punk's promos were works, designed to appeal to the internet crowd. If things had returned to "the same old shit," Punk wouldn't be a legit main-eventer right now. I wouldn't walk into Hot Topic at the mall and see t-shirts for the following people: Cena, Orton, The Rock, and CM Punk. He's been elevated to permanent main event status and that is a big change from before he started cutting his "worked shoot" promos. It's not the revolution a lot of people were expecting, but they were expecting too much to begin with.

And in my opinion, of the people currently on Raw, the next big star within them is Dolph Ziggler or Mason Ryan. I don't like Ryan much, but his look is going to get him a Batista push sooner or later, I feel.

Download Last Bout now!
#4471  October 13, 2011, 11:40:07 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I think Mason Ryan could be a good heel
#4472  October 14, 2011, 04:33:15 am
  • FTW!!!
Punk's promos were works, designed to appeal to the internet crowd. If things had returned to "the same old shit," Punk wouldn't be a legit main-eventer right now.
Now I dont believe all the things he says is all worked, Punk has actually been upset with WWE for quite a while way before he even whiped out his first pipebomb (IE Christian losing the title after 2 days, saying "I hope WWE bought Christian a nice dinner, people like to be bought nice dinners before they get fucked." )

I wouldn't walk into Hot Topic at the mall and see t-shirts for the following people: Cena, Orton, The Rock, and CM Punk.
WHERE? I've been looking for a CM Punk shirt for a long ass time and trying to avoid buying it online.

And in my opinion, of the people currently on Raw, the next big star within them is Dolph Ziggler or Mason Ryan. I don't like Ryan much, but his look is going to get him a Batista push sooner or later, I feel.
I see him getting a batista push, then I see him being the next John Cena I dont know why. He looks like a big teddy bear
#4473  October 14, 2011, 04:56:47 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
His promos may not have been completely scripted, but they were works in that he had permission to say what he was going to say. Promos are usually done that way anyway, outside of WWE, as in being given some guidelines and points to touch on and then just going out there and doing it. That's what kills some guys in WWE, because they might be good promo guys if given the chance, but they're no good at remembering scripted lines like an actor and they focus so much on that, they forget to have any emotion or passion in their words, like RVD or Shelton Benjamin, two guys who can cut decent promos if they don't have to work from a script word for word.

Also, I live in Burlington, NC, and I've been to malls in Greensboro and Durham recently and they both have the Best in the World shirts. I bought one in Durham, and it's my new favorite shirt. It doesn't even look like a wrestling shirt, save for the small WWE logo on the bottom left side.

Download Last Bout now!
#4474  October 15, 2011, 02:10:56 am
  • The life of a dish is not an easy one.
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
Oh snap didn't think Matt Striker still got in the ring.
Stuff
#4475  October 15, 2011, 02:13:28 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
here in this small city in the north of germany is a guy selling band and  wrestling t shirts ..he had cm punk t shirts too

but more important i won a little toadstool plush doll there as well
#4476  October 15, 2011, 05:37:21 am
    • Peru
Can somebody please inform me why in the name of holy fuck was Cody eliminated first?!? >:(

Also, I'm getting sick of that Vault filler...
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:41:02 am by ESFAndy011
#4477  October 15, 2011, 08:14:48 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
#4478  October 17, 2011, 05:42:43 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
What. The. Fuck.

So after months of build-up, with the BFG Series taking up a bunch of TV time, and then the big push for Bobby Roode, they have him LOSE and Angle retains? That is utter bullshit. Fucking TNA. I don't understand the logic behind this at all.

Download Last Bout now!
#4479  October 17, 2011, 05:49:12 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Something went wrong.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4480  October 18, 2011, 04:26:11 am
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
Didn't expect DZ to refer to himself as "the heel", good promo from him though.