YesNoOk

Hey guys, newcomer here!  (Read 1069 times)

Started by SakataGinsan, January 13, 2014, 08:27:41 am
Share this topic:
Hey guys, newcomer here!
#1  January 13, 2014, 08:27:41 am
    • USA
    • toddstratton90@gmail.com
Hey everyone, just found out about Mugen today and very impressed with everything!! I can tell I will be enjoying this for a good time coming, I had a few questions though..

I am relatively new to modding and editing but in the short future plan on making some characters and content...

Now the embarrassing part about that is my general complete confusion in downloading and adding content to my Mugen files...

I have tried downloading some starter packs, and content but just have the files sitting on my desktop alongside the Mugen game.

I figured out how to download single characters but not sure where to place entire starter packs, or full game contents.. I am using the 1.1 beta version.

I have been checking out the site a bit and looking through some stuff on here but have not found a set up guide that covers this yet.. I am sure its extremely simple and quick to do though, can anyone help guide me in this or maybe send a link to it that I may have missed?

Thanks for the help!
Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:47:37 am by SakataGinsan
Re: Hey guys, newcomer here!
#2  January 13, 2014, 06:28:44 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Hello and welcome SakataGinsan.  :)

Which fullgame/starter packs have you tried to play?  Most fullgames should already be ready to play. 
Starter packs however, may require you to move each file to it's corresponding folder.

- To install a char, open the "chars" folder and move your downloaded character to the "char" folder.  Next, open your data folder, find and open the file named "select.def".  Copy and paste or type the name of the char exactly as you see it under the phrase [Characters].

- To install a stage, open the "stages" folder and move your downloaded stage to the "stages" folder.  Find and open the file named "select.def" within the data folder.  Copy and paste or type the name of the stage exactly as you see it under the phrase [Stages].

Make sure everything is named correctly in both your select.def and character folders.
I hope this helped, have fun.  :yes:
#3  January 13, 2014, 06:31:25 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Welcome on MFG
#4  January 14, 2014, 04:27:31 am
    • USA
    • toddstratton90@gmail.com
Hello and welcome SakataGinsan.  :)

Which fullgame/starter packs have you tried to play?  Most fullgames should already be ready to play. 
Starter packs however, may require you to move each file to it's corresponding folder.

- To install a char, open the "chars" folder and move your downloaded character to the "char" folder.  Next, open your data folder, find and open the file named "select.def".  Copy and paste or type the name of the char exactly as you see it under the phrase [Characters].

- To install a stage, open the "stages" folder and move your downloaded stage to the "stages" folder.  Find and open the file named "select.def" within the data folder.  Copy and paste or type the name of the stage exactly as you see it under the phrase [Stages].

Make sure everything is named correctly in both your select.def and character folders.
I hope this helped, have fun.  :yes:

I downloaded the guild starter pack found at the top of the intro section as a sticky, along with one that is file named as CvTWAugust.. I found the second one which is full game last nite, I just can't remember what it was called specifically lol Maybe you would, but I will find out when I run it! :D 

Also from what you told me about the characters and stages that all sounds extremely simple and I imagine it being also the same for any other single mod add ons I will put in? Simply by placing each respective mod in the correct folder, and creating an adjacent named file in the data folder's "select.def".?

Seems simple enough thanks!

So for the first starter pack I imagine I will have to move some things on my own? And for the second one it just comes with its own folder and all that? which would be separate then the original Mugen folder? I wouldn't imagine it being possible to jam a bunch of different full feature game mods into the one Mugen Folder without them interfering with each other right? Or is there an option in there on which to pick and choose when running the system game?

Thanka again for all your help man, And German Baraka Thank you for the warm welcome!