YesNoOk

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves (Read 311902 times)

Started by videoman, August 07, 2022, 11:04:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves
#81  March 19, 2024, 11:31:24 am
Especially with a couple decades inbetween
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#82  March 19, 2024, 12:28:35 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
We got gameplay!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3gnTpC4glM&ab_channel=JustinWong[/youtube]

Way 2 go, Justin!

Here's some more

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Rev it up!

Do you know that  Preecha is researching Ki energy? Maybe Ki is the real power source that can solve the energy crisis and climate change.

Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 10:23:16 pm by videoman
#83  March 20, 2024, 06:19:20 pm
    • USA
Yeah, that's not super uncommon honestly.  Characters can change a lot between concept art and finalization. 

The difference is that I recall the Kuan Konta character also being mentioned in things like win quotes or endings in KoF. Still, I suppose Preecha is an okay character.
#84  March 21, 2024, 01:48:41 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

Is it a bad thing if I don't particularly like the visuals? The pop art/comic style is alright but I just dont really like the way it looks in motion and I've had a hard time explaining why. There's a lot of motion blur, and even though theyre using 3D models for the game the animations keep going from actually fluid 3D animation (like kof 15s) to weirder, choppier ones that look more like plants vs zombies animations than anything else youd see in the genre. I don't know how else to explain it and everyone else seems to be fine with how it looks, but im the outlier and trying to get people to see where im coming from is hard.
#85  March 21, 2024, 07:56:28 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
This video gives details of the game's mechanics.
#86  March 21, 2024, 10:19:55 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Is it a bad thing if I don't particularly like the visuals?
No at all, it is respectable. But in my case, I love the style, especially since Fatal Fury was always focused on american style since their beginnings, making the game with a comic/pop art style is something awesome and gives its own identity, something like Samurai Shodown did before with the ukyo-e style. In the end, all 3D models should be the same, but it's the style you gave them what makes them different. Maybe we can get something like that with a possible Art of Fighting game with japanese ink style a la SFIV...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#87  March 22, 2024, 05:52:37 am
    • Brazil
I don't think this is the project they're talking about, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Fighting EX Layer guest showing up in CotW, considering how Terry was a guest in Arika's latest game.
#88  March 22, 2024, 06:21:00 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

No at all, it is respectable. But in my case, I love the style, especially since Fatal Fury was always focused on american style since their beginnings, making the game with a comic/pop art style is something awesome and gives its own identity, something like Samurai Shodown did before with the ukyo-e style. In the end, all 3D models should be the same, but it's the style you gave them what makes them different. Maybe we can get something like that with a possible Art of Fighting game with japanese ink style a la SFIV...

I dont really know if you understood where I was getting at, it wasnt really so much the actual art style of the game as much as it was just how everything moves. I personally feel it's very inconsistent. You have the super cut-ins and intro animations which are kinda bluffy and some gameplay motions like the running animations that look decent, but then you have a large chunk of stuff that either looks like an AI taking something at 15 or lower fps and trying to make it 60 or the plants vs zombies stuff I compared it to in the original post and it feels kinda... offputting? Part of it could be due to the motion blur but I dont know exactly how to describe it. Hotaru's idle animation and Rock's shinkuu nage (dont know the exact videos they appear in) are probably the worst examples of the stuff im talking about and I really do want something more readable when the final game comes out.

As for the pop art/comic style, i actually had no problem with them going in this direction. Fatal Fury is a surprisingly american series as far as japanese game's go. South town is a very messed up and crime-ridden eagleland town. Of course theyd want to emulate some aspects of american art while still keeping it anime-ish. It's just how they made it look in gameplay that really irks me. A lot of people have compared it to Marvel 3 because of said pop art/comic style, but I personally felt marvel 3 looked a lot better because I felt the in-game animations felt more natural and smooth. Its not a bad idea but it could be done a lot better. I just dont know why people find it hard to see where i'm coming from with this and I wish i did.
#89  March 22, 2024, 09:44:16 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
New #90  March 24, 2024, 02:59:28 pm
Yeah, that's not super uncommon honestly.  Characters can change a lot between concept art and finalization. 

The difference is that I recall the Kuan Konta character also being mentioned in things like win quotes or endings in KoF. Still, I suppose Preecha is an okay character.
joe higashi's winquote in kof13 against kula where he mentioned about suggesting her fighting his student, kuan, so I don't know, I remember SNK mentioned that Fatal Fury and KOF timelines are different, I remember reading it somewhere which I can't remember where, so i felt like it make sense that Preecha is from Fatal Fury timeline and Kuan might be mention in kof timelines although it isn't even confirm by SNK about Preecha and Kuan being two different people in different timeline if they are two different people or not :P

Especially with a couple decades inbetween
this is true too, but the changes is like too huge to be a different or same character :P maybe we should wait for SNK's explanation about her in more depth then we would know. Also, I felt like she kinda resemble abit of Area from Fighting Ex Layer and Street Fighter Ex series, since Arika and SNK collaboration on a non fighting game project, unsure if we might see a guest character from the Ex series, something tells me Allen Snider might be chosen, although I still want skullo to be in as he is my recent favorite character :P https://www.youtube.com/@arika_youtube/videos their channel kept featuring both Allen and Terry in year 2023, Allen might be a perfect rival to Marco Rodrigues I would say ;D

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 03:31:37 pm by oraora?