YesNoOk

Forever on the ground! (Read 2117 times)

Started by Fixer, April 28, 2016, 08:32:35 am
Share this topic:
Forever on the ground!
New #1  April 28, 2016, 08:32:35 am
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
When a char suffer a hit or something it fall to the ground and stays there until the end of the match, what can i do to fix this?
Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:27:58 pm by Noctis
Re: Forever on the ground!
#2  April 28, 2016, 11:14:29 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
That would imply they have a tick count of -1 on the final frame of one of their liedown animations.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#3  April 28, 2016, 10:36:46 pm
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
I forgot to say, it happens randomly, so I need to remove this tick? how?
#4  April 28, 2016, 10:45:02 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
It happens randomly? So it doesn't happen every time they're knocked over?

What character is this, out of interest?

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#5  April 28, 2016, 10:52:14 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
Does it happen to only character against many opponents, or many characters if hit by the same opponent?
If it's one character doing it to a lot of opponents they may have badly coded custom states that is causing them to go into a buggy wakeup state.
#6  April 28, 2016, 11:02:32 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
One of my chars had a bug that caused a similar behavior.

I tried to make a code involving a var that it impedes her attacks from hitting the opponent, for limiting combo purposes. The var was coded to set her movetype to idle automatically when she loses a target.

However, the var also triggered the idle state when she traded hits with the opponent. Hence her movetype was H, but the var mentioned above, that limits her combos, changed her movetype from hit to idle.

You can figure out how buggy was her behavior during hit states. One of the side effects of that glitch is that occasionally she got knocked down on the floor and stayed that way for the rest of the match, unless the opponent used moves that hit her when she was downed.
#7  April 29, 2016, 12:34:06 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Use Debug. CTRL+D while the person's stuck on the ground. If the character's debug read out is part orange/yellowish they're in a custom state. If it's all white it's the normal state. Write down what stateno and anim. Use Fighter Factory 3 to find the animation and look at the last frame. If it's value is -1, change it to just 1.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#8  April 30, 2016, 05:18:56 am
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
Thanks for the replys guys, i was just using a Ginyu and a kfm in a fresh mugen 1.1 folder to test my converted stages, i am converting all my 400 stages to mugen 1.1, adding zoon to them all, so i need to make a lot of tests, getting in and out of the game lots of times and this weird bug occurred in one of these tests, i think that this was caused by one of the bad coded moves from Ginyu, i will try the Debug at the next time one of these bugs happen.
I was wondering if i can post to download some of the converted stages here in the forum with the credits of course.
If yes, where can i do that?
#9  April 30, 2016, 08:40:11 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv