YesNoOk

Lag Issues in 1.0 but not 1.1 (Read 5846 times)

Started by lui, July 04, 2016, 05:59:32 am
Share this topic:

lui

Lag Issues in 1.0 but not 1.1
#1  July 04, 2016, 05:59:32 am
    • USA
hi all, so theres this weird problem thats been bothering me for awhile.

mugen 1.0 never exceeds 25-30 fps unless i play with stages or characters that take up barely any memory.

mugen 1.1 however works just fine and fast if i put it in opengl, not openglscreen. whenever i put it in system or openglscreen it lags like shit, and since 1.0 doesnt have opengl i cant play decently on it, any idea why?
Re: Lag Issues in 1.0 but not 1.1
#2  July 05, 2016, 04:25:57 am
Mugen 1.0 has problems with stages with a lot of images, it also depends on your PC.
Suggestion, go into your graphics card control panel and stop stuff like FXAA, AA, it may give you a couple more fps.
Check the speed settings in the options menu, One time mugen1.0 made my speed settings on slow for some reason.
#3  July 09, 2016, 10:38:06 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
1.0 didn't use hardware acceleration so performance was all CPU-bound whereas the 1.1 render hits the GPU for stuff that's much faster. idk what CPU you have to determine if it's acting unsually slow or not.
#4  July 09, 2016, 11:04:25 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
What they said pretty much, the GPU taking a ton of the load off the CPU when 1.1 runs in OpenGl mode, the mugen.cfg doesn't explicitly say so but when you change the rendermode back to System it effectively uses 1.0/WinMugen rendering.

;Screen rendering mode.
 ;OpenGL - Experimental OpenGL renderer (recommended)
 ;System - default SDL rendering mode (e.g. windib in Windows)
 ;DirectX - DirectX 5 renderer
 ;System and DirectX modes do not support advanced features such as RGB sprites and window resizing.

"OpenGLScreen" was removed in 1.1 so using that probably sets it to some sort of default rendering like System or the old DirectX5 render which I know 0 about.
From the 1.1  history.html:
  • New rendering engine based on OpenGL (mugen.cfg: [Video]: RenderMode = OpenGL). RenderMode=System now deprecated (it still works but will not support all the new features). RenderMode=OpenGLScreen removed.

Also if you have any characters -or- stages using "RGB sprites" (24 bit+ PNGs), System and DirectX RenderMode will not display those images at all, they will be invisible.