YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 804683 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#461  June 28, 2015, 02:25:57 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Weren't the previous Arc System Works games like GG X Reload not licensed to small western companies that were dealing with the steam ports?
#462  June 28, 2015, 02:46:33 pm
    • USA
Yes. GGAC was their first self published title on Steam.
#463  July 01, 2015, 02:40:26 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
congrats to turncoat
#464  July 01, 2015, 03:00:31 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Are those the guys who make Megaman styled everything?
Good, maybe they'll start making quality stuff now because god, I'm sick of those.
#465  July 01, 2015, 03:25:43 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
im sorry you feel that way but yes alot of it is megaman styled but they also do custom 8 bit style beadworks as the name implies. Something that you want to wear around your neck but also keep framed up in your room or whatever. As of last year they have been doing led sprites, sackboy esque dolls, keychain sprites and hats(youve prolly seen pr rog rock that pokemon wool hat ).
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#466  July 01, 2015, 05:38:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
are they going to make a fighting game based on a  capcom ip or what?
#467  July 01, 2015, 06:23:47 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
lol just means he wont get a c&d from capcom for his products. As far as marketing i dont think capcom is gonna aid or anything but who knowwwssssssss
#468  July 01, 2015, 10:02:30 am
#469  July 01, 2015, 10:13:33 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Marvel with so few entrants? More Smash 4 players than Melee?

What is this madness?
#470  July 01, 2015, 12:56:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
No, it's just the game being on life support.
Hopefully people move on to a better game, seeing mostly the same six characters all the time got stale last year.
#471  July 01, 2015, 05:31:10 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Naw marvel will live on aslong curleh exists and ppl keep playing. Poor ki. All that money but nobody wants to play lol
#472  July 01, 2015, 05:56:17 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Whatever happened to that Ultimax update?
#473  July 01, 2015, 06:12:10 pm
They confimed it wasn't being used for Evo.

Nothing surprising about anything I see. Great to see Guilty and MK get good numbers, hopefully they can maintain that momentum
#474  July 01, 2015, 07:20:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol just means he wont get a c&d from capcom for his products. As far as marketing i dont think capcom is gonna aid or anything but who knowwwssssssss
ah, so there is no relation with taht and fighting games at all ?
#475  July 01, 2015, 11:45:01 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
no but sixshot has been a prominent member of the fgc for years sponsoring events and stuff so him getting this licensing deal is kinda big news in the fgc.
#476  July 02, 2015, 12:07:26 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Naw marvel will live on aslong
A small and dedicated scene and events sounds like life support to me. I know that fact is hard to accept for the people who play Marvel though.

And I'm sure KI's main issue is the XBONE exclusivity, you might see better numbers once the game gets released on PC.
Whatever happened to that Ultimax update?
Arcsys (Or was it just Atlus) said they were going to make an important announcement for EVO (Even so, in case we get 2.0 as a patch the game won't be relevant next year and it'll most likely be replaced by either new BB or the GG update)

Edit:
Marvel top 8 getting just $80? Wow.
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:56:43 am by S.D.
#477  July 02, 2015, 04:44:23 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
naw ki sucks so i doubt it will even be a main game at evo next year.  Its hard for marvel to gross money since the devs and capcom do not support the game at all. I mean sure somebody can take money out of there own pocket to add for the pot buttt marvel has no such hero this year :( good thing i (and most marvel players) dont play the game for the money but for the fun!. Mkx will also die out by next year if they keep fucking making these unnecessary patches that change characters meta completely
#478  July 02, 2015, 04:58:41 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
MKX will be there only because of WB money, I'm sure that's why Injustice was there last year, even though the finals were so bad and entries were lackluster.

Marvel's biggest issue is that it's a 2011 game with an update released on the very same year, with no dev support (Due to licenses and whatnot) and a very small variety of viable characters/combinations. The fact that the game is very unforgiving (One touch of death combos that are relatively easy to really hard to block or plain unblockable incoming mixups) and that there's only dedicated players hurts the entries even more.
Not every game can be Melee (As much as I hate Smash, the Melee scene has shown dedication and numbers)
#479  July 02, 2015, 09:56:48 am
  • The Goddess Returns
MKX will be there only because of WB money, I'm sure that's why Injustice was there last year, even though the finals were so bad and entries were lackluster.

Marvel's biggest issue is that it's a 2011 game with an update released on the very same year, with no dev support (Due to licenses and whatnot) and a very small variety of viable characters/combinations. The fact that the game is very unforgiving (One touch of death combos that are relatively easy to really hard to block or plain unblockable incoming mixups) and that there's only dedicated players hurts the entries even more.
Not every game can be Melee (As much as I hate Smash, the Melee scene has shown dedication and numbers)

This.

People at this rate knows EVO is mainly adds games based on how much the companies pay for them, even if the game comes out a few months before EVO to even make it EVO worthy to begin with(Killer Instinct is the biggest example only having 3-4 characters by the time it showed up on EVO)

And you pretty much stated all of Marvel's biggest issues which is why I mainly feel sad for the announcer's who love stating that Marvel isn't dead...when it honestly is. Marvel 2 is a different beast because it was done at time where there really wasn't much competition that was established as hard as Marvel 2 was and also no real way to get patches and everything. Marvel 3 was born in a different time where there is PLENTY of other fighting games on the market and having developer support is a must. But holy shit, 7th place is only getting $81 bucks? That's...pretty damn pointless.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#480  July 02, 2015, 10:07:43 am
http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/01/arc-system-works-bringing-battle-fantasia-to-steam-on-july-7/
Nesica version, was never released on consoles.

MKX will suffer the same fate as the last two NRS games, they've done everything just like their previous entries (shit netplay, touching the game too much, etc). It's like they haven't learned anything. And Marvel is going through the cycle that all games do; it's not novel anymore and interest has decreased. It's becoming a game where the dedicated few will remain (what S.D. said), process would happen faster if it wasn't a Capcom fighter and whatnot.

Unless Season 3 comes out (or MS does a huge cash in), KI will be dropped. Gameplay is anti-hype (it's everything I dislike about modern fighting games) and that goes a long way with people. PC will only help so much, especially with it being Windows 10 only.
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:35:52 am by Niitris