YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 805111 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#621  September 09, 2015, 11:21:24 am
    • USA
Wow, Arcana Heart on steam, that really came out of nowhere. Six Stars is still arcade only so far right? If so then the Steam version might eventually get it as DLC or som- hahahaha I almost forgot that we're talking about ASW.

Man, the steam backgrounds and cards are going to be fucking expensive won't they? :P
#622  September 09, 2015, 05:42:23 pm
Just like the game itself.

It will cost $29.99, but be available at a 10 percent discount for the first week.

Yeah, no.
#623  September 10, 2015, 10:32:14 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
#624  September 11, 2015, 06:08:11 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Wow, that actually looks pretty good.
I guess I'll be keeping more of an eye on this.
#625  September 15, 2015, 09:44:20 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
i wish you guys put as much effort in your ops as i do
#626  September 15, 2015, 10:04:42 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
i wish you put more effort into your posting c001357

haha just kidding
#627  September 15, 2015, 10:08:34 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
this place doesnt deserve it
#628  September 15, 2015, 05:25:31 pm
    • Peru
KOFXIV announced.
Yeah, it doesn't deserve its own thread.
#629  September 15, 2015, 06:09:07 pm
Good thing it already has one.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#630  September 15, 2015, 06:23:49 pm
    • Peru
I know, that was the joke.
#631  September 15, 2015, 06:35:18 pm
this place doesnt deserve it
well excuse us for not reaching your weeaboo level. but hey, if you wait on me a year or 2 ill learn to speak japanese from animu, and be just like senpai.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#632  September 16, 2015, 10:59:20 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:02:54 pm by Luis Alejandro
#633  September 17, 2015, 03:14:47 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
You're gonna have to let us know how it is.  From what I played of the original MLP fan game version, these guys definitely know how to put together a solid fighting game, and that was just with Fighter Maker '02.  I'm really anxious to see what they can do with the Skullgirls engine at their disposal.

Probably worth giving it it's own thread once the crowdfunding campaign kicks off.
#634  September 18, 2015, 08:37:28 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Had a lot of fun playing the build ain't gonna lie. I played as arizona aka AIR ZONA the cow with the wip. Towards the end of the night I was consistently getting games off the mane6 guys

5 button game. 3 attacks,light medium heavy, 1 "gimmick" special button. For arizona it is her whip attack. Last button is for grabs
So the way this game works is that you have your super meter like most games, which get filled by attacks and wiffed specials. Then you have 3 ex bars on the side thay can only be filled by successfully landing your gimmick move on your opponent. By inputting certain motions for specials plus the gimmick button, you get the ex version of that special. A lot of it is still in development, arizona has a unique move she gets when she has more that 2 ex bars where she does an instant teleport to the other side like wesker or nashs v trigger.

I don't have a lot to say about velvet the deer, but fuck her because she's cheap and does crazy combos lol. She gains ex bars...by simply being away from the opponent...and she's a zoning character. ...wtf

Anyways, arizona plays like a kof character. Fast, short hops and whatnot. She has really good short hop pressure that can lead to some crazy combos....oh and about combos. ..basically in this game...your short/light attack is your bestfriend..now from what I've been told this game plays and feels like skullgrillz, which is a given cuz you know, they are using the skullgirls engine and whatnot but ive never playef skullgrillz so I wouldn't know how or what that feel is like. You do light into medium into heavy into launch, you know like a basic vs game.  What makes it different from a vs game is your attacks in the air donw immediately knock your opponent down. The opponent falls down slowly and depending on what move you do,  they can recover out. This can lead into damaging combos with arizona. Counter hits are crazy..you can hit your opponent with any attack..and the window from what you can do until they recover is ridiculously long. You can jab counter hit, dash, lmh launcher etc.

Arizona has 3 specials moves. Her first one is a rekka dp motion move where she head bonks you into the air. You can combo from light version to heavy, light to medium, medium to heavy and etc but you can't do all three at once. Move is fast and has good range, the heavy version has armor. Her other special is like c viper seismo. Good range and fast. Her last special is her gimmick move. 3 version of the gimmick move, back plus gimick button will have her do her whip attack angled diagonaly and hit airborne enemies, her normal no input version hits grounded enemies (also hits airborne enemies but isn't angled upwards). Then lastly her down plus gimmick button will have her do her whip attack that hits crouching enemies. All of which are good but have deadzone area, which means that they don't grapple upclose, only in that specific area where the tip of the whip is (think of super skrulls command grab in marvel). Also missing this gimmick move is deadly...you are left super punishable and cannont cancel out into any move or super. I told the crew that it would be good if you could atleast cancel into super.
Speaking of super airzona super move reminds me of spencers bionic arm. Fast and and hits full screen. You can use another meter to enhance the super by inputing qcb 2 buttons on contact. Which reminds me of she hulks follow ups after her super in marvel.

Had an incredible amount of fun playing the build guys, trust me its good. Cant wait for further updates. Dont forget guys, the kick starter will begin next week!
#635  September 18, 2015, 11:14:53 pm
    • USA
Good to hear it's shaping up nicely.   Hopefully there'll be a proper trailer and everything Monday when the crowdfunding launches.
#636  September 19, 2015, 02:41:01 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Yea man game is great.  Forgot to mention that the juggling system in the game is very easy to abuse. You can juggle the opponent for ahwile depending in what attacks/combos you do. The damage scaling is also very solid
#637  September 19, 2015, 02:54:28 am
    • USA
I'm familiar with the basic mechanics since I've played around with the alpha stuff did have completed from the original project.  From what you're saying it seems like they've managed to salvage quite a bit from the original Fighting is Magic build, even after they had to start from scratch again on a completely different engine, which is great because the original was already showing a ton of potential.
#638  September 21, 2015, 07:03:02 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Video up.

Pal

#639  September 24, 2015, 05:02:36 pm
    • Argentina
#640  September 24, 2015, 05:14:14 pm
Oh wow, they actually caught up. I just might have a reason to pick this up now.

Edit: My bad, it's somewhere in January 2016, not 12/2015.
Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:18:44 pm by Niitris