YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2279351 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#421  June 19, 2013, 12:51:55 am
wii fit sold a ridiculous amount. wii fit trainer is a recognizable character by extension. what's hard to understand about this.
#422  June 19, 2013, 12:52:18 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite
If we're going by sales for selection, same argument. There are franchises with cult followings that get the shaft, while an exercise game that is third best selling gets a fighter made from it? Nintendo gets more confusing by the second with this logic. The trailer made it hard to take her seriously, and yet it's well received? I want to say Nintendo logic, but it seems like it's Nintendo logic within the Nintendo logic.
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#423  June 19, 2013, 12:53:06 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
That, and Wii Fit Trainer is just a wacky inclusion in a game. They're just having fun with it and being creative with the roster choices, as well as defying fan expectations in the process.

talk shit get fit
#424  June 19, 2013, 12:54:35 am
what are the franchises with cult followings that are getting blatantly ignored
#425  June 19, 2013, 12:55:14 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If we're going by sales for selection, same argument. There are franchises with cult followings that get the shaft, while an exercise game that is third best selling gets a fighter made from it? Nintendo gets more confusing by the second with this logic. The trailer made it hard to take her seriously, and yet it's well received? I want to say Nintendo logic, but it seems like it's Nintendo logic within the Nintendo logic.

you arent making much sense guv.

either you think sales are important or you think they are not, you are going "sales shouldnt matter" and at the same time "Cult followings are more important"
Either they matter or dont, cult followings that YOU care about is not a specific selection trait for anything.
If wiifit is the third most sold thing for wii, then it has acchieved important status by sheer force of numbers.
#426  June 19, 2013, 12:56:03 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#427  June 19, 2013, 01:03:42 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
Major example, Earthbound/Mother. Fans petition and request the games be on the Virtual Console, and they will never see that happen. Was the reception/total sales of the only Earthbound game released in the US really THAT bad? Plus, no sign of either Ness or Lucas so far (I know it's early, but if they can easily say certain Mario, Zelda, and other characters are in, why can't they make the same promise to the Earthbound series?).

Cult followings may not be large groups, and the sales of those games aren't usually very large. In other words, popularity =/= sales. I think someone is not fully understanding that concept.

Humor in fighting games? I was certain they were meant to be taken super seriously. If they were meant to be comedies, then take away every serious character in the roster. Zelda series? Too serious, get them out.
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#428  June 19, 2013, 01:05:30 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:15:05 am by Kumomi
#429  June 19, 2013, 01:06:35 am
    • USA
There are two Earthbound/Mother characters in Brawl.  There is only one Wii Fit character in Smash U.  Furthermore Earthbound is going to virtual console.

Humor in fighting games? I was certain they were meant to be taken super seriously. If they were meant to be comedies, then take away every serious character in the roster. Zelda series? Too serious, get them out.

You are absolutely terrible at this whole making a point thing.
#430  June 19, 2013, 01:07:59 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#431  June 19, 2013, 01:09:38 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
i still dont see how nintendo not releasing a snes game on virtual console makes it so confusing that they put a wii fit character in smash bros. Its literally two worlds apart and nothing in common.
#432  June 19, 2013, 01:16:24 am
    • USA
what are the franchises with cult followings that are getting blatantly ignored
I want to know this too. Pretty much most franchises that aren't playable, they included as items and assist trophies.

#433  June 19, 2013, 01:17:22 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
You can't keep dealing in absolutes when you talk about this. Different things are important for different reasons.  Sometimes it's about iconic figures, which is where we get Mario and Link. Sometimes it's about popularity, which is why some Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters get cycled out of the roster in favor of a fresher face.  You can't say 'X character made it in because of X reason, therefore every other character must fulfill that exact reason.' It doesn't work like that.
#434  June 19, 2013, 01:21:30 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
There are two Earthbound/Mother characters in Brawl.  There is only one Wii Fit character in Smash U.  Furthermore Earthbound is going to virtual console.

You are absolutely terrible at this whole making a point thing.
Brawl, not this new one. Also, I think my point's pretty clear, you're just failing to grasp it. Humor in a video game works if it's story, not in character selection or traits. Wario was never meant to be taken seriously, which makes him an exception to this rule. If something/someone is meant to be taken seriously, especially in a fighting environment, then make it so, don't write him/her/it to where people should refuse the existence.

Major example, Earthbound/Mother.
a franchise that has been represented since the first game. start making sense, guy.
In the US? Doubt it. Also, it's probably the only game that was released in the US, and not the rest of the franchise, am I right? True fans of the series enjoyed all three games, not just the SNES game. If it was only the SNES game that had the love, then Lucas shouldn't have been in the US release of Brawl, which would have meant that Mother 3 got snubbed TWICE by Nintendo for a US release.
#435  June 19, 2013, 01:22:19 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
wat
#436  June 19, 2013, 01:22:50 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
Fuck it, I'm dealing with morons.
#437  June 19, 2013, 01:22:57 am
    • USA
They didn't leave Roy out of Melee when NA didn't get the Fire Emblem game he was in.  You should probably stop before you expose yourself as having flunked preschool.
#438  June 19, 2013, 01:24:12 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
#439  June 19, 2013, 01:24:44 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
#440  June 19, 2013, 01:25:47 am
    • USA
Hahahaha you should just admit that you're buttmad that Wii Fit Trainer got in over whatever obscure JRPG nobody you wanted.  You sound like the Modok whiners from back in Marvel 3.