YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2279395 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#441  June 19, 2013, 01:26:50 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite
There are people that still acknowledge that game?

Modok is still a serious character, despite the appearance. How does that even fit this argument?
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#442  June 19, 2013, 01:27:22 am
also he's speaking as if we already know who's going to be in the game and the rest of the newcomers are going to be male wii fit trainer and female villager
#443  June 19, 2013, 01:29:37 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Also here's a novel idea, since there's a gigantic community of Nintendo console hackers and Smash Bros mod artists, any character you don't like is probably just gonna get swapped out anyway.
#444  June 19, 2013, 01:29:37 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
Did you not read that I said "I know it's still early, but if they are so quick to announce Mario or Zelda characters returning, shouldn't they be able to do the same with others?"

Also, aren't we talking about the actual game and not some stupid hacks?
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#445  June 19, 2013, 01:31:57 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Yes, but they chose not to do so.

WOAH
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#446  June 19, 2013, 01:32:16 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Also here's a novel idea, since there's a gigantic community of Nintendo console hackers and Smash Bros mod artists, any character you don't like is probably just gonna get swapped out anyway.
Speaking of that, 50 bucks there's going to be a "Smash 4 Brawl Project" when the game is released
Also "Smash 4 Brawl Project M Project"
#447  June 19, 2013, 01:32:37 am
they're obviously quicker to announce their bigger franchises first. by not announcing certain characters it gives them news to talk about leading up to the game's release. in the words of sonic the hedgehog, you're too slow
#448  June 19, 2013, 01:33:35 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
There are two Earthbound/Mother characters in Brawl.  There is only one Wii Fit character in Smash U.  Furthermore Earthbound is going to virtual console.

Humor in fighting games? I was certain they were meant to be taken super seriously. If they were meant to be comedies, then take away every serious character in the roster. Zelda series? Too serious, get them out.

You are absolutely terrible at this whole making a point thing.
Brawl, not this new one. Also, I think my point's pretty clear, you're just failing to grasp it. Humor in a video game works if it's story, not in character selection or traits.
This is literally wrong. Humor works if its funny, not because of character selection or traits not if it is story( whatever that means, i will assume you mean the story being funny) .
If the story being funny was how a funny character could work, then characters like Dan, Rob, Kuma, roger, Norimaro wouldnt be funny.
There are a variety of ways to insert humour on anything, and a character doing exercises and going against a giant staple of action heroes using her yoga moves is funny and light hearted. In the same way that a Raccoon with machine guns is funny, and in the same way that Pinkie pie inflating to attack in that pony game was funny and light hearted.

Wario was never meant to be taken seriously, which makes him an exception to this rule.
what? thats just picking and choosing, how can you assert that character x is supposed to be taken seriously and character b isnt?
If something/someone is meant to be taken seriously, especially in a fighting environment, then make it so, don't write him/her/it to where people should refuse the existence.

Why would people refuse the existence? what does that even mean? That sentence doesnt hold up.

Major example, Earthbound/Mother.
a franchise that has been represented since the first game. start making sense, guy.
In the US? Doubt it. Also, it's probably the only game that was released in the US, and not the rest of the franchise, am I right? True fans of the series enjoyed all three games, not just the SNES game. If it was only the SNES game that had the love, then Lucas shouldn't have been in the US release of Brawl, which would have meant that Mother 3 got snubbed TWICE by Nintendo for a US release.
True fans enjoyed all the three games so the games needed to have more representation? Why? what makes it more fitting that it needed more representation? The game actually had arcade story boss fights with earthbound bosses, but none from zelda, does that mean that zelda is misrepresented? The point doesnt hold.

You are basically saying you are mad about something unrelated so it doesnt make sense for you that they are making stuff addressed to tastes other than your own. And thats kinda unrealistic.
#449  June 19, 2013, 01:35:46 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
If that "WOAH" (BTW, misspelled) was meant to say I was burned, that was not a burn.

Wow, this is so stupid, people left and right are not getting it.
#450  June 19, 2013, 01:36:13 am
    • USA

Modok is still a serious character, despite the appearance. How does that even fit this argument?
Its the most watched game on fighting game streams to date.

Did you not read that I said "I know it's still early, but if they are so quick to announce Mario or Zelda characters returning, shouldn't they be able to do the same with others?"

Also, aren't we talking about the actual game and not some stupid hacks?
Marketing and hype. Theres no fun in knowing the roster from the get-go.

#451  June 19, 2013, 01:36:27 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Project M is an example of a community mod done right, in that it's a way to play a much more refined version of Brawl IMO. If this happens here too, no complaints(they made Luigi godlike.) But that's besides the point. I hope the next character that gets in is Waluigi over Lucas, he'd probably fit in more, and I hold my chops to this. But Waluigi is too zany for Smash, apparently(no he isn't, he belongs in this field!). Wii Fit Trainer is, to me,  just like Smash 64 captain falcon. Seriously, Captain Falcon was such a bizarre choice in terms of he never did anything outside of one comic in an instruction manual, and yet, here he is, very iconic. Falcon doesn't even use his gun like he did in the comic, it's not even a nod to that! It's just there. The only reason Wii Fit Trainer is getting any negative reception is because it isn't some sleeper cult favorite or something, which is ridiculous.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#452  June 19, 2013, 01:37:41 am
    • USA
#453  June 19, 2013, 01:38:24 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
If that "WOAH" (BTW, misspelled) was meant to say I was burned, that was not a burn.

You can misspell "woah"? the more you know.

And that's a pretty weak way to reject peoples arguments. If you are going to be wrong about something at least commit to it.

#454  June 19, 2013, 01:39:36 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
Fox, Falco, and Wolf never fought outside their ships until Assault, and that was more multiplayer. Falcon's character background makes sense despite the lack of actual fighting/action style gameplay.
#455  June 19, 2013, 01:40:51 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Mario doesn't do shit besides jump on turtles
#456  June 19, 2013, 01:41:32 am
#457  June 19, 2013, 01:43:32 am
    • USA

How about that Snake loser idiot?  He doesn't even fight, he just sneaks past guards.  Why is he in Smash Bros and not my waifu from Fire Emblem?
#458  June 19, 2013, 01:45:08 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
Fireballs? Punch and kick? Spin attack? Ground pound? None of these ring any bells?

the only one repeatedly failing to make a good point and getting constantly shut down in this thread is you
No, I'm pretty sure people are misreading my points.

Its the most watched game on fighting game streams to date.

As well as the most played both at tournaments and casually.  Lmao at Napoleon his arguments are terrible.

Most watched, most played, but not most sold I'll bet.
#459  June 19, 2013, 01:45:37 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Lol that Snake is a fucking pussy, always being scared and shit
#460  June 19, 2013, 01:46:50 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland