YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1030283 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#101  July 22, 2011, 08:38:02 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Where in Cryonemisis' post did he complain about the frames per second? Of course PC games run better than on consoles, but they're still the same game.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#102  July 22, 2011, 08:40:38 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
he didn't exactly focus entirely on the graphics, either. what I picked up from Cryonemesis's post was that he just thought that everything about the game was generic. he also stated bad load times.

however, like you, i was referring to cazaki's post. when he said that he played it on a maxed-out PC, which can affect more than just the graphics.
Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:44:44 pm by Jesuszilla
#103  July 22, 2011, 08:41:27 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
And Cazaki's post to counter that was that the game was played on a maxed out PC!! GRAPHICS > GAMEPLAY???

#104  July 22, 2011, 08:43:24 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
#105  July 22, 2011, 08:46:53 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Duke Nukem Forever

Now I was expecting this to not be the most revolutionary game (due to it's long development time) but what I was not expecting was how uninspiring the game would be.

The game just ends up being a generic copypasta FPS CoD ripoff that has you interacting with objects to gain a "Ego" boost, a bit too sensitive controls and generic graphics and music. you can blow through the game easily by only using rpgs and pipebombs cause you'll rarely use any of the other guns in the game. And speaking of guns, you can only carry two in the game. Why? Online sucks too. On my side, I always disconnected from XBL (and no, it's not my connection) and the load times on the 360 are ungodly slow!! There's more but I don't wanna overdo it
I think the game is excellent for what it's worth, however, I played it maxed out on a PC, so whatever.

This is how you do it.

#106  July 22, 2011, 08:48:49 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
yet you also focused on one aspect (out of several)
#107  July 22, 2011, 08:56:15 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I did that because Cazaki did. Please don't make me explain this to you. It's insulting to both of us.

#108  July 23, 2011, 07:34:23 am
  • Fuck You.
oh you <3

unlimited saga

whoever made this game should be impaled on a bed of dicks

or a dick pike
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/

OZ

#109  July 23, 2011, 07:36:26 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
flaccid or hard?
ಠ_ಠ
#110  July 23, 2011, 07:37:25 am
  • Fuck You.
fucking hard brah
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#111  July 25, 2011, 05:07:46 am
Why? Online sucks too. On my side, I always disconnected from XBL (and no, it's not my connection) and the load times on the 360 are ungodly slow!! There's more but I don't wanna overdo it

There are also frame rate drops, bugs and all other sorts of fuckery on the 360 that are not present on the PC. Also the PC's online play has been perfect for me. I also said it's good for what it's worth, in that you shouldn't even expect a FPS that will change the market. It plays how it should, I felt that it was a very fun and rewarding game to play through, despite some extremely minor changes from DN3D that people keep criticizing.
#112  August 03, 2011, 08:07:52 am
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA
Why? Online sucks too. On my side, I always disconnected from XBL (and no, it's not my connection) and the load times on the 360 are ungodly slow!! There's more but I don't wanna overdo it

There are also frame rate drops, bugs and all other sorts of fuckery on the 360 that are not present on the PC. Also the PC's online play has been perfect for me. I also said it's good for what it's worth, in that you shouldn't even expect a FPS that will change the market. It plays how it should, I felt that it was a very fun and rewarding game to play through, despite some extremely minor changes from DN3D that people keep criticizing.

Sorry, I probably should've explained it better, but I didn't want to make a wall of text. As I said in my post, I was well aware that this wasn't going to be a game changer. And trust me, I respect your opinion. But when it comes down to it, this game feels below average to me. I have heard that the load times on PC are better and there are less bugs on that version too, but even with a good connection on both versions, you're bound to have some problems. having good graphics and music is a good thing but you also have to have balanced gameplay as well, and I think they fall flat on both parts. Graphics look like something you would see on a PS2 game and gameplay feels like your average everyday FPS shooter. I will agree that it can be rewarding though. People say that this is supposed to be for duke fans old and new, but it hardly does that well. why do have regenerating HP? Why can't you carry more guns ala HL2? In short, I can agree that this game can be fun if you're willing to look past all that, but to me, the game just feels lacking in a few areas.

Sorry bout the long text.
#113  August 22, 2011, 04:48:36 am
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
Sonic Heroes

Play another story: did it. Get 7 Chaos Emeralds: did it. Get all A rank: HOW MANY DEMANDS?!

Well, aside from recently finishing the game, I have no reason to play this anymore. Getting an A rank on ALL MISSIONS? That's... well, pretty hard, depending on what team you play on. I may get all A's one day, but I'll have to get Team Rose to do the job... their the easiest :)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

Desperately tried to kick Primal Dialga's ass, but I coulden't. After two or three Roar of Time moves, me and my Squirtle are finished. And guess what? I have to start all over again for 11-14 floors.  --;
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#114  August 24, 2011, 01:08:40 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Crackdown 2

Eh, just couldn't get into it.
Also the announcer is fucking annoying-
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING AGENT DO WE HAVE TO SHOOT AT YOU AGAIN QUIT KILLING PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDNT DO JACK SHIT
#115  September 04, 2011, 06:42:32 am
Crackdown 2 was a disappointment compared to Crackdown 1, which was easily one the best games in the early years of this gen. Crackdown 1 was as good as it got back then, SKILLZ 4 KILLZ AGENT. SKILLZ 4 KILLZ.
#116  September 04, 2011, 03:13:45 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Megaman X8

It was a good game, but not as good as X5 imo.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus

The game was great, well ... except for Gold Order Sol.
He was a pain in the ass. --;

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#117  September 15, 2011, 08:35:24 pm
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
Sonic Unleashed (PS2)

Coulden't get past the Time Attack stage on Eggmanland.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#118  September 19, 2011, 01:09:36 am
Dead Island.

Too long to finish right now with all my friends but I take back what I said about inFamous 2. This is definitely the game of the year right now, the problem is just finding people that can reliably play with you constantly to finish it in a timely manner.
#119  September 26, 2011, 11:42:09 pm
  • Muda da
    • matgonorstuff.webs.com
Monster hunter Tri
awesome game, just gets a little repetitive if u play it too much.Stuck in lv. 4 online and the weak monsters arent so fun...
#120  September 27, 2011, 02:35:02 am
    • Germany
Monster hunter Tri
awesome game, just gets a little repetitive if u play it too much.Stuck in lv. 4 online and the weak monsters arent so fun...

I gave that one a shot due to good things I read online. But I found the controls with weapons extremely frustrating - I tried three weapons, each of them felt really slow and difficult to control. When I want to harvest 5 mushrooms from a tree, it takes like 15 seconds because I have to push the button to reach for each one individually - what the hell? There is also no story to keep me going, is hunting bigger monsters with bigger weapons really all you do in the game?

I dunno, it felt repetitive after two hours.. :(