YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1034012 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#241  October 09, 2012, 04:23:13 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
leon gives this a thumbs up
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)

GOH

#242  October 09, 2012, 09:09:01 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#243  October 09, 2012, 09:18:39 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Resident Evil was so much better when it was just a mega blockbuster franchise instead of being a super mega ultra blockbuster franchise.
#244  October 10, 2012, 05:15:02 am
  • For honor!
Super Mario Sunshine
--------------------------------
recent time spent on neogaf and learntocounter forums have made me depressed about our current generation so i decided to play a last gen game. Gorgeous visuals for its time, very fun and very varied gameplay, amusing level design, nice puzzles, and it gave me many things to do.

this game is also not my definition of how super marios bros is supposed be 2/10
Iroha stripped for me
#245  October 11, 2012, 02:43:19 am
  • ....?
    • USA
    • castradomis@yahoo.com
Resident Evil 6. The technical problems abound (online lag, annoying cut-scene transitions, building textures flat-out disappearing,etc). The game lacks ANY sort of creepy/or horror factor that you'd expect in a RE game (hell even RE5 had some of that) and the lack of innovation, shitty overcomplicated controls, and camera (probably the worst camera mechanics of any recent RE game) make it a bad action game.

It's a solid Fuck you Capcom/10.

Resident evil stopped being good the second Mikami walked out on Capcom.

fixed.
#246  October 11, 2012, 03:10:08 am
    • USA
They made plenty of good RE games without Mikami, his presence isn't required for a RE game to be good.
#247  October 15, 2012, 07:04:28 pm
resident evil 6

i decided to play this fucking pile after i said so many bad things about it without even playing the completed game (i did play the demo). bad controls, horrible camera (despite available settings), atrocious combat, lots of framerate issues. i don't even mind the COD similarities but it's not pulling any of that right. it's a bad game. resident evil is dead.

They made plenty of good RE games without Mikami, his presence isn't required for a RE game to be good.
what games

#248  October 15, 2012, 08:40:03 pm
    • USA
#249  October 15, 2012, 08:49:04 pm
#250  October 15, 2012, 08:58:03 pm
    • USA
I wasn't including his production credits, because I doubt he was involved that much with most of those games.
#251  October 15, 2012, 09:23:15 pm
i would assume he was, considering it was the game series he created
#252  October 15, 2012, 09:26:23 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
#253  October 15, 2012, 09:57:49 pm
    • USA
i would assume he was, considering it was the game series he created
Hm, he was involved pretty heavily with 2 (he and Kamiya often disagreed about stuff, but eventually he only demanded monthly status updates), and I think he was involved in some capacity with 0, but other than that I'm pretty sure reading that he had a hands-off approach.
#254  October 18, 2012, 02:02:10 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Shinobi on 3DS. I'd give it a 7.5
It's decent overall, but irritating at times. Also the graphics are quite bad - it's a shame, cuz 3DS is capable of much more. My favourite Shinobi game is still a Shinobi on PS2 (where you play as Hotsuma), but this one is pretty decent too.
#255  October 20, 2012, 01:21:41 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
it's a bad game. resident evil is dead.

they never alive for me, if I want to be scared I'll play Silent Hill or Fatal Frame, if I want to play sneaking around undetected, I'll play Metal Gear, if I want to see mutated monster, I'll play Parasite Eve.

once I played RE2 years ago, and I stopped the moment I have to push around statues and put jewels on them of which I got after I lighted a fireplace oh and unicorn medallion too, that was a police precinct not a ninja castle, I can understand in Silent hill we have to do illogical thing because the setting is a limbo with supernatural events happening, but RE tried to put zombies as a logical result of science went wrong and then putting this stupid puzzle stuff in the mix, and also why do we have to make herbal stuff to tend wounds in a metropolitan setting, why not just raid an abandoned drugstore nearby to get whatever antidote, bandage, and stuff we need, got damn capcom

end of rant 
#256  October 21, 2012, 01:44:16 am
    • USA
once I played RE2 years ago, and I stopped the moment I have to push around statues and put jewels on them of which I got after I lighted a fireplace oh and unicorn medallion too, that was a police precinct not a ninja castle, I can understand in Silent hill we have to do illogical thing because the setting is a limbo with supernatural events happening, but RE tried to put zombies as a logical result of science went wrong and then putting this stupid puzzle stuff in the mix
I'm sorry that puzzles were too unrealistic for you in a game with a magic virus that turns people into zombies and makes spiders 100 times bigger and can make Terminators.

and also why do we have to make herbal stuff to tend wounds in a metropolitan setting, why not just raid an abandoned drugstore nearby to get whatever antidote, bandage, and stuff we need, got damn capcom
It's a game mechanic, it's about as realistic as Silent Hill's magic healing items too.
#257  October 21, 2012, 01:57:32 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Parasite Eve.

once I played RE2 years ago.....*RANT HERE*
SO. . . Magic Mitochondria makes more sense realistically than Ninja Castle Police Precincts, Virus Strands taken from African-Native Plants reanimating dead brain cells and Tentacle Rape Happy Terminators, and making crushed green magic herbs? (....well the last one makes sense IRL)
#258  October 21, 2012, 12:46:24 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
I'm sorry that puzzles were too unrealistic for you in a game with a magic virus that turns people into zombies and makes spiders 100 times bigger and can make Terminators.

it is not about realism, but it is about going in the right theme, I won't complain if somehow we have to open a safe box, which combination numbers is saved in the police chief computer, and to open his computer you need to know the user password, that is mentioned in his agenda inside his overcoat pocket hanged in the coat room. that would feel more natural rather than getting medallion and push around objects in the right formation as if we are inside an egyptian burial site

and also why do we have to make herbal stuff to tend wounds in a metropolitan setting, why not just raid an abandoned drugstore nearby to get whatever antidote, bandage, and stuff we need, got damn capcom
It's a game mechanic, it's about as realistic as Silent Hill's magic healing items too.

Silent Hill is not real, it is in a world where supernatural events and exist.
I mean what is the different when the game has a bunch of different medicines, let say pain killer and anti inflammation, and you can combine the two into one capsule, instead of a herbal potted plants scattered everywhere, while they have no decoration function, even the pot is ugly, why are they around, why not some medical boxes with said medicines?

Parasite Eve.

once I played RE2 years ago.....*RANT HERE*
SO. . . Magic Mitochondria makes more sense realistically than Ninja Castle Police Precincts, Virus Strands taken from African-Native Plants reanimating dead brain cells and Tentacle Rape Happy Terminators, and making crushed green magic herbs? (....well the last one makes sense IRL)

well YES, the way you said it was already answered that.
#259  October 21, 2012, 12:55:07 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Silent Hill is not real, it is in a world where supernatural events and exist.

Neither is Resident Evil. What the actual fuck is your point? Video games aren't like real life? WHAOH! Stop trying to make sense of them, you look like a gigantic tool.

you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#260  October 21, 2012, 01:09:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Well they are mismatched design pieces for the games they are inserted in, I can see his point. Its just nothing to get worked up around, they just needed a game mechanic to insert there and went with something. Lots of games do that.