YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1029507 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#401  June 24, 2013, 05:14:04 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
So pretty much how Kahn's always been.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#402  June 24, 2013, 05:16:34 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Enh, they expanded his repertoire of cheap bull a bit.
#403  June 28, 2013, 07:22:40 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Mortal Kombat (2012)

Just capped off storymode. Whoever designed Shao Kahn as a final boss for this game needs their ass whooped. Everything else was extremely enjoyable, but fucking...super bullshit boss crap.

Lets see, what do we need to do make Shao Kahn unbeatable? Hmm...
Super armor? Check.
Double normal health? Check.
Ridiculous damage? Check.
A moveset that can punish you from anywhere on the screen for doing anything? Check.
That goddamn hammer throw move with stun that he can repeat without you being able to do anything? CHECK.

The game is amazing, Shao Kahn is a douche. That's my thoughts.  :2thumbsup:

He is really easy to beat with every character with a bit training.
#404  June 28, 2013, 04:30:28 pm
  • Just a regular goon
Unless it's Raiden. Because Raiden is bad.
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#405  June 28, 2013, 08:35:39 pm
  • For honor!
How to beat Shao Kahn with Raiden

Step 1: Go to the edge of the screen away from Kahn

Step 2: See if he tries to throw his hammer

Step 3a: If he does not, throw a lightning bolt or EX Lighting Bolt and crouch block as soon as you can after in case he decides to throw a javelin at you in response. Sometimes you might even duck under it without worrying about chip!

Step 3b: If he throws the hammer jump over it and do the jump kick-flying thunder god combo.

Step 4: Repeat

Optional Step: Kombo Shao Kahn's face in when he taunts

This strategy makes victory more likely to achieve.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:40:48 pm by WARPra-San
#406  June 28, 2013, 09:04:15 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
^ That part was pretty easy for me, esp. with the last challenge (except that I use Smoke)
#407  June 29, 2013, 12:12:47 am
  • Just a regular goon
How to beat Shao Kahn with Raiden

Step 1: Go to the edge of the screen away from Kahn

Step 2: See if he tries to throw his hammer

Step 3a: If he does not, throw a lightning bolt or EX Lighting Bolt and crouch block as soon as you can after in case he decides to throw a javelin at you in response. Sometimes you might even duck under it without worrying about chip!

Step 3b: If he throws the hammer jump over it and do the jump kick-flying thunder god combo.

Step 4: Repeat

This strategy makes victory more likely to achieve.

I would of tried something like that but I get bored of repeating the same thing over and over again.
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#408  June 29, 2013, 01:03:06 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
I ended up spamming teleports on reaction when he threw the hammer.
#409  July 09, 2013, 08:01:12 am
    • muscleman@dispostable.com
Mega Man 8

The weapons aren't very useful or unique, the series continues to be repetitive and formulaic (imagine what Mega Man 9001 would be like), and it has some really hard levels just so it will last longer. Play the X, Zero, and ZX games instead (or the simpler MM9 and 10.)
My past is not today!
https://media.giphy.com/media/119SFXjoMsax6o/giphy.gif
Your signature is too big, please read the forum rules
#410  July 10, 2013, 01:24:51 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Fighting for One Piece
This game is a one piece of shit.The game even has infinites,some of them achieved just by spamming one button over and over.

Blood + Soukyoku battle Rinbukyoku
Forgive me if i wrote the title wrong.I think it would confuse anyone...thats not japanese
Anyway,this game is a really nice fusion of a Hack and Slasher,quick time events and a semi visual novel
Its completely on Japanese though,so i dont have any idea do the choices you make affect anything,
The beggining made me laugh,when the guy falls out of the window,you have a quick time event,and if you succeed,instead of catching him,you just step back so he wont fall on your head.

Super Dragon Ball Z
THIS GAME.
IS AWESOME.
Now i know from where did the Z2 characters get thos ZWANG backgrounds and such,and where did goku get the explosive shoryuken attack from.
This game is not like Budokai Tenkaichi in which you just fly around,mash buttons,charge,then press one button to destroy the enemy with the ultra super attack.
This game does not have that crap,instead the gameplay is more meele based,it has combos,and hypers must be done by pressing in different buttons,like FBDFDF a+b etc.
The only thing i find weird is that Cell uses a Muai Thai stance

Soul Eater Battle Resonance
The game is actually pretty nice,although the movements of characters look kinda weird and wonky,sometimess too slow,hitboxes sometimes are weird.
Combos are easy to perform,the Soul Resonance thing sometimes slows things down.
The 3 bar hypers can be as well called insta kills,since they take out 90% of health.
Mifune for the win

All games played on PS2 btw.
Some guy brought these japanese games to me,Blood+,Fighting for One Piece,Soul Eater battle Resonance are released in Japan only
#411  July 15, 2013, 03:50:07 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
DJMax Technika 3 (Arcade)

I never really tried to play this game mainly because I was too pre-occupied playing SvC: Chaos or Tekken 6. I was fucking up my friend's playthrough when I noticed that it looked like fun. I gave it a shot, and I was fucking beast, no lies.

Favorite song from that game.

And 3 song/game = 0.115 US Dollar or 5PhP. It's a fucking sweet deal.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#412  July 15, 2013, 04:01:13 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Cat Girl Alliance
I bought this thinking its a visual novel like katawa shoujo,turns out its a fuckin eroge,with sex every 13-14 seconds,and with weird conversations,like cat butts,magical lands of Narnia between the girls legs and the almighty pussy power.
The only thing good in the game is its weird characters and the weird humour it has
5/10 i guess

Twisted Metal 3
I loved TM2,and then a friend told me i must play TM3,cause it has better gameplay and realistic car physics.
1st level of the game im standing on a wall,then doing front flips with a fucking tank.
Realistic car physics no,realistic tank physics hell no.The gameplay is more or less the same as every TM.
7/10

Romance of the 3 kingdoms X
It was fun the first 20 minutes or so,but doing the same tasks over and over and my people effing rebelling against me and my effing empire being attacked by Locusts every season i gave up on ever being a Chinese warlord of the 3rd century
4/10
Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:32:56 pm by Erroratu
#413  July 22, 2013, 04:21:13 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Fire Emblem: Awakening.

This game is one of the best I have played in years! I am now taking a break from the game to play Shin Megami Tensei IV, but I hope to resume playing the game for the hardest mission in the game.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#414  August 30, 2013, 10:32:05 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Beat Hazard

Rednavi was trying to make me play this game after I stopped sometime before the big computer crash two years ago, and then he tried to get me to play it again when I came back and so I did. My god do my eyes hurt, way too much visual feedback. It makes the game almost unplayable.

Guess I'll just pawn my card drops
#415  August 30, 2013, 10:34:20 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
#416  September 13, 2013, 05:17:24 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Beatmania 3rd Mix:

So I was at the arcade today and I got depressed seeing that NOBODY was playing kof98. I took it on myself to play some other games I usually don't play. Decided to play some Beatmania. From all the genres of music I couldn't help but I choose J-pop.

Moments later the machine spouting the most confusing 90's music I ever heard. Regardless I played to me hearts content, feeling awesome at all the "Good" and "Great" notifications.

After finishing, the game promptly told me I failed and I should insert another coin. I left the arcade with the feeling that I have been lied to. Fucking Konami.
#417  September 13, 2013, 06:17:47 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
The Last of Us.   D:
Don't get me wrong, the game is great, I just stopped playing it two weeks ago 'cause I'm way behind schedule in some commissions I'm doing. D:
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#418  September 16, 2013, 05:53:07 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
i got the humble bundle this week + got a pass from a friend for hotline miami so i did totally professional reviews somewhere else that i will copy paste here

hotline miami: i dunnoit was fun for about 20 minutes then it got really repetitious and i got bored

HIRE ME GAMEINFORMER

serious sam first and second encounter: okay these games are really cool. i love the enemy designs and the protagonist isn’t an annoying shitbag like duke or lo wang. and i love the ‘fans’ easter egg in first encounter so much. additionally i found out a way to mod the sounds! yea. hit me up if y’all wanna co-op (bob goes first though. unless you can have more than one?)

also why didn’t anyone tell me that the gnaars are basically strawbelly jam?

shadow warrior classic or whatever the hell: i think i found the biggest problem with 3drealms. they have really imaginative map designs, the interactivity with the map props like the training dummy and trash can and whatnot are really neat…but all of that kind of gets dampened when your main character is singing ‘row row row your boat, gentree (see cuz he’s asian!) down the stream! hohoh i think my thingy’s hanging out!’ when he’s riding the boat. it’s not a matter of ‘it’s totally offensive’, it’s just a matter of it feels like i’m playing as a fucking high schooler’s painfully unfunny racist bathroom stall doodle that suddenly became a fps protagonist. but as a game itself? it’s coo’

have yet to get to duke nukem 3d (i know, i know)
#419  September 16, 2013, 05:57:52 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I would recommend that you continue hotline miami. That game get's better (not to mention much weirder) as it go's on.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#420  September 16, 2013, 06:17:47 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
If you don't like Hotline Miami after 20 minutes, I guarantee you won't like it any more after that.