YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1028729 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#541  October 26, 2014, 09:43:04 am
#542  October 26, 2014, 10:56:06 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
P.T. / Silent Hills Teaser

Studio Quality Surround Sound, check.
51 inch LED TV, check.
Slight liquor induced mayhem with friends at 3AM, checkaroo.

Jesus, this game was freaky as fuck. The lighting definitely screams next-gen, and the ambient horror music added a special touch of quality. There were 5 of us, and each of us played alone one after another, while the others wait in the other room, playing some other game like Tekken Tag 2 or BF3.

After an hour or so, with all of us freaked out, we then played as a whole with a walkthrough because there actually is an easter egg to this game. The walkthrough definitely did not kill the feeling of tension, because as we progressed in the game, the happenings in-game became more and more creepy.

I won't really go into full detail, but all that I'll say is that you should definitely try this out. Seeing Kojima, Del Toro, and Norman Reedus' name made us scream like fucking fan girls.

10/10 Happy Halloween!

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:01:15 am by Markpachi
#543  October 26, 2014, 03:44:51 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Del Toro in video games sounds interesting.  I hope he makes more promising games.
#544  November 17, 2014, 08:06:08 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Parappa The Rapper - PSX
Catchy songs and fun art style... completely ruined by really strict timing that is barely possible. For me it's really difficult to sync to the rythm bar (which I'm supposed to be doing) without the music distracting me. I got as far to stage 4, and I just decided to stop because stage 5 is much worse.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#545  November 17, 2014, 08:07:53 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Five Nights at Freddy's 2 (Night 6)

GODDAMMIT I give up. The game is hard enough as it is, but then after reading up on it, a lot of times it's actually IMPOSSIBLE to win and is entirely based on how much of a dick the AI decides to be.

Oh well I already know the big reveal for Night 6 so I really don't need to play it!
#546  November 17, 2014, 08:53:53 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Final Fantasy X-2

Having never played X, everybody seems to talking about shit I know nothing about. Other than that, the game was mildly entertaining. I might pick it up again although I doubt I would until I've played X.
#547  November 28, 2014, 08:30:11 am
    • Anguilla
    • netid@wisc.edu
Dark Souls 2. When I got to Huntsmans Copse I just couldn't do it anymore. The game is just boring. I held out and got the full 1000 on DkS1, but I don't think I can even stand to finish DkS2.
#548  December 01, 2014, 06:18:38 pm
Infamous: First Light.

Flat-out don't care about the arena combat. There's a small chance I'll go back to it at some because I'm a filthy completionist but... really?

Fun extra things like this are supposed to be fun, not grindfests.
#549  December 07, 2014, 02:27:17 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
The Wolf Among Us

So many decisions, such little time. This game was awesome in numerous ways ranging from its atmosphere to the badassery of Bigby. I loved especially how the story built up adding hints and new clues. Unfortunately, however, that all went to shit in the super abrupt ending which leaves the player at a huge cliff hanger. GOD DAMN IT. It was THAT close to being something hugely satisfying to finish.

8/10 because of that annoying ending.

Are they going to make a second season for TWAU? I hope they do :disappointed:
#550  December 08, 2014, 05:04:44 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Tekken Tag Tournament HD / Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue

I was just suppose to play for funzies, but me not having all of the trophies for this bothered me a little. Getting a 200+pt. score on Tekken Bowl definitely took a lot of tries, and getting to finish Time Attack in under 6 minutes was no easy task either, but then I picked Wang and just exploited the game's AI ... His b1+2 super just breaks the game. As for Tag 2 Prologue, getting to see all the ending images was the hardest trophy to unlock. mainly because it tested my patience.

Welp, time to move on to Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#551  December 20, 2014, 06:30:57 am
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance
These VR Missions are making me start to dislike MGS.  Up until I unlocked Tuxedo Snake, nearly all of the missions took intelligence or strategy to get the top high score (or if I was in doubt, I consulted ChildOfAsuka's top score FAQS).  But the majority of Tuxedo Snake's missions required speed or some luck.  I only got a top high score on Variety Level 1 because of luck (and ammo conversion.).

But now I've got more hell coming my way in the form of MGS1 Snake.  No grenade launcher for the grenade weapon missions and probably a whole lot worse.  I had to take a short break tonight because the last three PSG-1 missions pissed me off. 
Luckily, I only have Pliskin's final Stinger missile mission and Tuxedo Snake's final no weapon mission to revisit in order to get the top scores (and change their names from yellow to orange) on.

MGS1 Snake's missions will probably make me go insane
#552  December 22, 2014, 04:03:10 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Have you been into MGS long?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#553  December 22, 2014, 05:03:28 pm
  • SNK is life
If you want to keep enjoying the MGS games, stop the VR Missions. Not worth the trouble.
#554  December 22, 2014, 05:11:39 pm
    • USA
He's too close to quit now! I remember when I was 10% away from having all the names in orange and the stupid PS2 memory card failed and erased all the data. Fuck the memory cards, long live the HDDs >:(

I don't recall many, if any, luck based VR missions at all when it came to execution. Wanna talk about luck based missions? Go play MGR's VR mode, fuck that shit.
#555  December 22, 2014, 05:55:31 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#556  December 22, 2014, 06:37:59 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
MGS2's Alternative Missions were great though, especially where you could use Grey Fox Raiden's HF Blade or do the weird photo missions or investigations with Snake
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#557  December 22, 2014, 07:29:55 pm
    • USA
Don't listen to these losers. You're too far to quit now, you gotta get 100% completion!!! Triumph where I failed in the past!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#558  December 22, 2014, 08:18:07 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
I was going to start my absence/dedicating internet usage to watching anime today, but then I saw these responses
Have you been into MGS long?
Since I got a PS2 and played MGS2 in 2009.  I never got back into the series until I finally came to MGS4 and completed the last of it. 
But I'm not calling it quits. 
Goldeneye 64 was fairly difficult to 100%, especially with the Aztec level on 00 Agent.  While I came to know that level like the back of my hand, I would sometimes forget to open the exhaust bay before I went after Jaws or I would be extremely close to beating it and got killed by a laser shot coming from a distance.  (Jaws is is easily beaten, due to the "enemy can't do anything at close range" problem.  But then you have to deal with endless laser totting guards while you backtrack all the way to the bulletproof glass room with the hard drive.)
Don't get me started on the invincibilty cheat, because that took me a few weeks to get.  Ditto with the Caverns time trial on 00 Agent and the blue-capped bullet sponge guards.  But I persevered, figured out strategies, and even watched a few videos. 

MGS1 Snake's grenade missions will just require some thinking and luck.  All of the other weapon missions will be monotony.  If necessary, at least ChildofAsuka covered the other weapon missions before he ragequited.  A pity that he doesn't cover the the final two hold-up missions though.

Provided nothing happens to the save data from this game:
Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:21:22 pm by Saohc
#559  December 30, 2014, 12:31:18 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
Game of Thrones - Telltale Games

God damn it, it's only the first episode and already my dude is dead.
Did someone make a thread for it yet?
#560  December 30, 2014, 03:23:24 pm
    • Peru
Lightning returns - Final Fantasy XIII
I played the first two games in the series and I really liked them. This game... ehhh. I don't know. I'm as far as 2 hours deep in the main story and I'm already sick of the hand-holding the game gives to you vía Hope's "Codec".

I feel like I have almost no room for exploration since the game has these stupid time constraints and objective based gameplay, so even if you ignore the missions and start fooling around you are going to fail because you have fixed time to accomplish objectives :(

The only highlit is the battle system, which is really fun.