YesNoOk

Super Buu Z2 RELEASED! (Read 50978 times)

Started by Balthazar, August 08, 2017, 04:40:52 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Buu Z2 RELEASED!
#41  August 09, 2017, 03:30:47 am
  • They have no tomorrow...
    • USA
This has been well worth the wait, my favorite DBZ char (not fave villain mind you), brought spectacularly to Mugen. Huge round of applause for Barker, XGargoyle, the Z2 Team, and all the contributors. If someone could do me the kindness of telling me the best place to report any bugs and/or quirks I find, I loved to start supplying some feedback.

@Barker, thx for the quick response

Feedback List (all were tested against PotS Ryu, Z2 Goku, and Z2 Buu, unless stated)
- Unable to perform 'Eat You'
- 'Madman's Ball' gives meter on hit against Saibamen (Champ Build)
- When attacked out of 'Meltreat', Buu takes damage, returns to neutral, and is able to block (could be too strong  :confused:)
- When you combo from Lv1 Vice Shot into Lv2 Vice Shot before the Lv1 Vice Shot projectile is finished, Mugen crashes with the error message:
     State machine stuck in loop (stopped after 2500 loops): 2252 for Buu Z2 | Check your states for infinite ChangeState loops.
          { Combo I performed was low height air Lv1 Vice Shot, then Lv2 ground Vice Shot }
- I understand why the input for 'Meltdown' is x3 down, but I feel it could have an alternate input like, qcf K [d], to enter the stance sooner
     (I'll probably just do that for myself)
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:31:56 am by AwakenedEmperor
#42  August 09, 2017, 03:32:59 am
    • Canada
This a good spot for bug reporting. :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I hope it's been worth the wait!
#43  August 09, 2017, 04:08:55 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
^ it's definitely an unconventional input, but I haven't had much trouble getting it to come out. It definitely hasn't been coming out as ball, at any rate.

An RDP isn't unconventional (and no, I'm not new to it, either).  And neither is an EX RDP, but for some reason it isn't activating everytime I use it.  Rather, it's activating on the off-chance.  The input conflicts with Maniac Ball.
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:13:47 am by The Sudden Rarity
#44  August 09, 2017, 04:12:55 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Candy beam is B,DB,D not RDP
#45  August 09, 2017, 04:15:04 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
#46  August 09, 2017, 04:43:02 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#47  August 09, 2017, 07:59:52 am
  • They Don't call me MUGreed for nothin'!!
    • USA
    • wakawakawhoops@gmail.com
Awesome Character, but needs some an AI Level...
#48  August 09, 2017, 02:58:37 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
This one has AI. When I booted the game, Super Buu defeated Goku on watch mode.
#49  August 09, 2017, 07:55:38 pm
  • wagh
I have some small things to report?
When in emo mode and doing drink taunt, steam comes out the wrong place.

When absorbing Cell, no sprite appears at all. Only his aura.

Big Bear absorption doesnt work on CVSRaiden? Maybe thats an issue?DR_Alex doesnt work. Yamcha absorption doesnt work on Yamcha by Tomo.

Really odd glitch with his taunt. When I jump over a taunting Super Buu as SSJGoku Z2, Goku's dash controls become reversed. When double tapping forward, he jumps back and when double tapping backwards, he dashes forward. Walking controls are unaffected. This is able to replicated to a smaller extent using Base Z2 Goku, Majin Vegeta Z2 and MVC2Spiderman by REDHOT but not at all by CVS2 Ryu by Warusaki3.

I can provide pictures later if needed.

#50  August 09, 2017, 08:08:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Really odd glitch with his taunt. When I jump over a taunting Super Buu as SSJGoku Z2, Goku's dash controls become reversed. When double tapping forward, he jumps back and when double tapping backwards, he dashes forward. Walking controls are unaffected. This is able to replicated to a smaller extent using Base Z2 Goku, Majin Vegeta Z2 and MVC2Spiderman by REDHOT but not at all by CVS2 Ryu by Warusaki3.
This is a mugen bug. MUGEN's command system is broken in many ways. Another easy test is to jump over any char with any char that has a dash/run with fwd, fwd. Tap fwd fwd so that the last fwd occurs as soon as you land. You'll do a back dash.

We actually have a fix coming for this with our characters later.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fix-all-your-command-issues-explodsive-buffering-system-180772.0.html

But it won't fix it for chars that don't have it.

Thank you for the feedback!
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:12:25 pm by Just No Point
#51  August 10, 2017, 01:01:11 am
Having a hard time tearing myself away from HDBZ now that this guy's out, he's just too dang fun. While playing, I noticed about his gum mode: it does in fact build while Buu blocks attacks! However, this only happens if you've charged it yourself a bit: if the meter is completely empty, it doesn't seem to build while blocking.

But really, man oh man is it fun to combo with this guy. Oh, and say, has anyone gotten to play as him against another person? I don't have any friends that are super into fighting games, so I'm curious to know how he fares against the rest of the cast.
#52  August 10, 2017, 02:31:55 am
You guys just hit Reddit, the trailer got posted to /r/games.
#53  August 10, 2017, 10:42:04 am
feels like he performs the same win animation over and over...porta potie
#54  August 13, 2017, 09:22:57 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Congratulations guys!
#55  August 14, 2017, 04:37:56 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com

So uh, found a bug that happens when Buu's Gackt super comes into contact with another Buu's Vice Shot. Buu p1 is frozen along with the gackt beam, but both can be interacted with.
- The bug comes into effect when the gackt shot destroys the vice shot WITHOUT hitting the other Buu
-The laser beam and Buu stay in this pose until something/someone comes into contact with Buu's gackt beam, which finishes the super. Buu can also still be hit, interrupting the super and ending the glitch.
-I've tried recreating this situation with other character's projectiles like Gackt Beam on Kamehameha, or Chou Kamehameha on Vice Shot, but I haven't gotten results as of this post. (Though to be fair, I only tested with SSJ Goku :P)

Oh also Buu is sick and so is everyone involved with him.

#56  August 14, 2017, 11:57:43 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Okay, some other bugs: If Buu is attacked at the same moment his Candy beam hits his opponent, the latter will become invisible and unable to attack for the rest of the round. It's apparently still possible to hit the opponent and thus end the glitch (Mega Candy Beam will easily do the trick and the CPU Buu once did it with EX Blork), but it's still annoying every time it happens.

Another thing that's more of a visual glitch is how Buu can be pushed around during the start of Kill You (when he's shouting) while the shouting effect remains in place. Shouldn't it stay attached to Buu, at least as long as he keeps shouting?
#57  August 16, 2017, 08:32:03 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
i thought the link was down. it was my stupid browser.....anyways....good job!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:37:42 am by DJ_HANNIBALROYCE
#58  August 17, 2017, 05:20:15 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Well, seems that Max Dood still enjoying HDBZ. :)

#59  August 17, 2017, 10:24:35 pm
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA
I'll give my Chara chat compatibility with Buu's absorb finisher! how's that?
#60  August 22, 2017, 10:32:58 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Big Bear absorption doesnt work on CVSRaiden? Maybe thats an issue?DR_Alex doesnt work. Yamcha absorption doesnt work on Yamcha by Tomo.
Can you open the DEF files of these characters, and let me know the name that appears in this section:
[Info]
name = "Buu Z2"
I don't have access to all these characters and the reason why the absorbed pose is not working is due that the enemy name is not correctly added in the list

I do not know if it will be a bug or just a mistake of the moment but when there is a small buu in the fight apparently gohan will interfere in the victory position.
Minute: 3:00 - 3:25
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpU7PWDkY30[/youtube]
This is a bug from Gohan, in some winposes he gets stuck for some time or the winposes takes a long time to play. Buu's deployed heads are automatically destroyed during the winposes, so they can't really interfere with whatever winpose was playing Gohan

XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!