YesNoOk

Strides 2 Glory VS (Read 170935 times)

Started by Noside, March 31, 2016, 05:48:09 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Strides 2 Glory VS
#81  June 24, 2017, 10:33:05 pm
    • USA
some of these designs are very overly busy and kind of clash with the more realistic tone he seems to be going for. that guest character design is straight up bad imo

the  voices also sound weird since they are lower or higher pitched soul caliber voices for some odd reason.
#82  July 19, 2017, 03:52:01 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 18/07/2017
Ben said:

CARLIE MOVES W.I.P progress Rundown

Carlie's Move progress Run-down, still have many mores moves planned for her. The character belongs to a patron of mine http://bluevengeance.deviantart.com/ who submitted his concept idea in my "Ideas wanted journal" at my deviantart page.  Carlie has a unique fighting style created with the fusion of Ballet and Karate. I can foresee Carlie being a character with a number of mix ups, 50/50 guessing games and numerous pokes.

Fighting Game Project Official Website; http://strides2gloryvs.com/
youtube channel  - www.youtube.com/user/strides2g
Deviant Art video gallery http://ben187.deviantart.com/

Patreon uploads will also start this month so new subscribers haven't missed out on anything yet. Want the chance to see your character fully playable? Want to see hidden content and additional bonus material not to mention animatic guides that you can use as reference for your own personal projects? Then why not sign up for as little as $1 dollar a month!
www.patreon.com/strides2glory
#83  July 19, 2017, 01:46:14 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
It's amazing that you're giving this news of behalf of Ben, who was banned from Mugen Fighters Guild.
#84  July 23, 2017, 11:53:01 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 23/07/2017
Ben said:

Some screenshots from the 1280 resolution version
-Just in case it wasn't visible in the Carlie move breakdown video; I've added rush FX on attacks.

fixed the glowing dust issues by messing around with the saturation alpha

Some Palettes

FIGHT COMPLEX STAGE UPDATED
-Changed the contrast of the background so the fighters standout more.

P.S. I'll be addressing an issue on what people think of characters that are super easy to use on my deviantart page. I had a meet up with some friends and played a few sessions and got some interesting feedback. Rant's that would make low tier god proud.

stay tuned http://ben187.deviantart.com/
#85  July 29, 2017, 04:43:59 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 28/07/2017
Ben said:

CARLIE VS AYA TEST FIGHT + graphical update

Strides2GloryVs, Carlie vs Aya test fight. I've added a new ground break system and given Carlie some new moves. Sorry about the jerkiness at some points in the video don't know why that happened. The character belongs to a patron of mine http://bluevengeance.deviantart.com/ who submitted his concept idea in my "Ideas wanted journal".  Carlie has a unique fighting style created with the fusion of Ballet and Karate.

#86  July 31, 2017, 07:17:26 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 31/07/2017
Ben said:

Carlie Summer Time - Costume

"Summer is here!" Carlie swimsuit costume. You'll be able to view and download more of the summer swimwear costumes for the rest of the cast at my Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/strides2glory
#87  August 01, 2017, 04:57:16 am
    • USA
Now he offers swimsuits?
#88  August 30, 2017, 08:26:26 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 31/08/2017

Major Yoshida updated sprite + Palettes

#89  August 30, 2017, 09:13:34 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭

I still wonder how the hell he does these 3D stages, even editing his old work to fit a 1280x720 screen is a real pain.

Also these character models look better than what he was posting before.
#90  August 30, 2017, 09:53:18 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
He's a pro 3D modeler, I'm guessing he is using 3D tools to make these stages and also, he really improved alot with the models.
#91  September 06, 2017, 06:28:06 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 06/09/2017
Ben said:

Some of mitsuko's animations. I will be adding motion blur to these later.

RYU FUDODACHI, DAI OIZUKI

KAWANISHI HIJI-ATE B+2,1,1

VULCAN ARROW F,F+2

Mitsuko's update is finished and her game-play video showcasing the updated look and new moves will be uploaded this week.  Also stay tuned for VOL:2 of the Amazon patreon reward. (BATTLE READY)

#92  September 06, 2017, 11:31:49 pm
    • USA
Ben's skills are getting better.
#93  September 14, 2017, 06:09:36 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 14/09/2017
Ben said:

Strides2GloryVS 1280 HI-RES
The strides2gloryVS 1280 Hi-res pack /Title screen and character select screen. I did take some inspiration from hloaders DBZ screenpack. The oldskool Kungfu, cinema theme still remains.

Select screen
rather then create additional portrait artwork I decided to show the actual in-game sprites instead. The Artwork now appears at  the versus screen.

Mitsuko F+1+2
This move has replaced Mitsuko's headbutt F+1+2 but the frame data stays the same.

VISUAL CUES

New visual aids have been implemented, for example: When some launching moves are landed the screen will either pause and change color or will slow down a little to signify a moment to capitalise.
#94  September 26, 2017, 02:34:43 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
UPDATE 25/09/2017
Ben said:

More shots of the 1280 hires screenpack also some sprite updates.
I was recently sold a high-end, 18gb ram, duo-graphics, Razer gaming laptop for quite a deal! This thing churns out renders in a matter of seconds which makes updating the sprites even quicker.  :w00t:

Arena viewer has been added to the select screen

Unnamed Project

A watcher of mine on deviant art came up with an interesting Patreon concept that I thought sounded pretty cool. An exclusive game that features a sexy female cast of original characters. The plan is to not only include my own, but conduct public votes where watchers,followers & patrons can submit their own character concepts to fill up the roster. New content will be added each month as well as characters and alternate costumes. This project doesn't have a name as of yet and I'm opened to suggestions.
P.S. Mitsuko and the Amazon will be available in the pack at the end of this month.
https://www.patreon.com/strides2glory

New Glitz'n Glam interface and theme

New HUD and lifebar changes
P.s mitsuko now has an aerial dive kick that is hit confirmable from various moves
-also the TKD.girl/Taeyeon in the photo is not the updated model.

#95  September 26, 2017, 07:53:51 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Now this is bitchy.
But sexiness sells...
#96  February 16, 2018, 03:15:39 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Wow, I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been more active over the last few months!

Anyway, when I saw the FX for the game then made some suggestions for Ben, I thought it would be better to come up with a tutorial or something. So, I nudged my friend a bit and he said he'd do something. The point is that he got off his ass and FINALLY finished it.

I didn't make the tute. I only helped out a bit but Ben's project (and his plain effects) was the stimulus to get this tutorial made. Can you please make sure Ben gets this message?

I wish him all the best with the project and hope he gets a release out in the end.

Cheers,
Revanto  ;P

3d rocks!
#97  February 18, 2018, 12:43:36 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
There's no updates since then, I think he's totally focused on a side project called Glitz and Glam Brawl for now.
#98  February 19, 2018, 03:44:04 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
There's no updates since then, I think he's totally focused on a side project called Glitz and Glam Brawl for now.

It doesn't matter what he is working on. I just wanna make sure he gets the link so that he has ways of making his FX better.
3d rocks!