YesNoOk

permissions (Read 31252 times)

Started by Valodim, October 08, 2012, 04:13:44 pm
permissions
#1  October 08, 2012, 04:13:44 pm
    • Germany
Warnings thread is COMPLETELY overloaded, we should have more less general topics. So, creating this one to talk about permissions stuff.

Well how do i do it then Val? I have tried creating a new group without check boxes on the help sections, he's in it, it has no effect. So what's missing? If it's admin only stuff i can't do it anyway.

If it's easy i'd like it opened up because there are many situations where a section posting ban is a better idea than a full ban.

I created a group NoHelp, which should restrict posting permissions in the help forums.
Re: permissions
#2  October 08, 2012, 05:11:06 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
seems oddly specific to me, but if it works...
#3  October 08, 2012, 09:19:59 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Can we have a couple more please? No General and No Releases.

For the record. NoHelp is to be applied to Goku6 if he decides to be terrible at listening to anything he's told again.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 09:48:19 pm by Cyanide
#4  December 23, 2012, 09:48:29 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Is it possible to move a thread without the creator being notified?

IIRC you said that the "send PM" was in by default. What if i wish to move without any notification?

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  December 23, 2012, 10:08:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
just disable the pm, it should be possible, it was possible before.
Same as merging threads, you get an option for notification.
#6  December 23, 2012, 10:13:44 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
No? I get change subject, and leave a redirection topic. That's it. I can leave out the "this topic has been moved to board" bit. But if the PM is sent by default i cannot tell it not to.

#7  December 23, 2012, 10:17:24 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you are right it has been changed, old forum version had a small text box where you could personalize the message being sent.
#8  December 24, 2012, 12:33:55 am
    • Thailand
I moved my own topic, and I discovered that the notification is just that, a notification. It's not an intrusive message that takes up space in the inbox, and it doesn't even mention who moved the topic. The message shows up in the notifications menu, and when it's clicked, it takes you to the new location of the topic -- that's it.

Why would you want to not let someone know their topic was moved?
#9  December 24, 2012, 04:10:29 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
In this case, i don't. Something is in the recycle bin that shouldn't be there and i may wish to refer back to it at a later date, if it's been deleted i can't do that.