• Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Re: Inquisition derail
#103  April 26, 2012, 04:05:11 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
If I showcase threads with weird news and what, a tenth are religious
Dude, come on. It's nowhere near a tenth. The articles you post are usually about religious people.

But you posting those things isn't offensive or an abuse of power by minorities or whatever. It's just posting about things dumb people do.

And if you are offended by that, then you need to grow the fuck up and maybe reexamine your faith because it should be strong enough to weather stupid shit like this.
#104  April 26, 2012, 04:13:44 am
Then again can you blame a Christian like me to be upset about this satire website that tries to make our belief look like/how we suppose to act?
#105  April 26, 2012, 04:18:00 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Articles are articles, it is not necessarily made by Iced. If he posts this, he probably try to provide some informative and entertaining news to people. If it is offensive to you, ignore it or post it to the original creator. Posting news does not make a person a "religious/atheist" hater. I don't know why there are people (Pro-Religious and Pro-Atheist that are always arguing who is right when they are eventually wrong to each other in some degree).

Though, both articles pertaining to either religious and atheists are a bit amusing, but its not offensive at all (IMO).

"It's just posting about things dumb people do." <- Well that could be wrong, some people can actually not be dump and do these things for some relevant reason that we may never know? Sure that Christian article was a bit.. about getting a symbol back but no one actually OWNS it, so that article was pointless. The other group that tries to keep the symbol should be acknowledged that this symbol is universal and that it can be used by anybody, not just representing the homosexuals. Both were wrong, so that article wasn't really offending one side, rather it was ridiculing both of them.

Anyways, as others who are into faith, don't get too offended by these article and don't rashly attack atheists and blaming one for a whole group. Same thing for our side (atheists), this will make the argument continuous and WILL never get resolved.

If you don't like the article, ignore it and don't post it, but feel free to post your opinion that is not insulting to the author, but I doubt that will probably occur (due to similar occurences with other conflicts).

But if its an article that the author is actually really mocking someone (a legitimate example that actually represents a whole group and not a minority), feel free to put your opinion on it.

As J.S Mill says, the more ideas is good for idealism, as it provides many ideas and these ideas can be sorted to either both sides of morality.

Well, feel free to counter-argue my point or do whatever you wish, this is my neutral or solution to the possible conflict that everybody seems to fight for continuous about.

Then again can you blame a Christian like me to be upset about this satire website that tries to make our belief look like/how we suppose to act?

You don't have to be upset, just don't mind those articles and hang out with the people that accept your views. Everyone is different and has different views, NO ONE is right (or mostly right). Sure this website may be satire, but that is how the world goes, nothing is perfect.
#106  April 26, 2012, 06:59:41 am

You don't have to be upset, just don't mind those articles and hang out with the people that accept your views. Everyone is different and has different views, NO ONE is right (or mostly right). Sure this website may be satire, but that is how the world goes, nothing is perfect.
[/quote]

I was being hypothetical when I made that statement I was not really upset ( I was actually enjoying some articles for laughs) .

What do you mean by NOBODY is right (curious).
#107  April 26, 2012, 07:52:39 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com

I was being hypothetical when I made that statement I was not really upset ( I was actually enjoying some articles for laughs) .

What do you mean by NOBODY is right (curious).
[/quote]

Lol, since you are curious, the reason why that nobody can be fully right is because people have different perspectives and can judge you due their biases in their perspective, so no one can actually fully right (universally) unless it is a question of fact, rather than opinion. Seems like we're getting along for some apparent reason o-O
#108  April 26, 2012, 09:42:53 am
    • Thailand
No, the idiocy of Religion and God is of those things that Iced made threads about. Ridiculous things that Christians do. I hope that's clearer because I honestly am done with this.

Are you saying that atheists are less apt to do stupid things than Christians?  Are you implying that a Christian idiot converting to atheism would do fewer stupid things as an atheist?  Because it seems to me you're saying atheism is a magical cure-all for stupidity, as though somehow Christianity, and by extension any other religion, in and of itself is the cause of idiots doing stupid things in the name of a belief.
What. My two sentences say none of those things. Stop inflicting pain upon yourself.
#109  April 26, 2012, 10:06:36 am
  • all is love in fair and war
but do you or do you not agree that is an little bit of idiocy for an adult person to believe in an invisible ruler of the universe?  :)
#110  April 26, 2012, 10:11:22 am
    • Thailand
Now why would I answer that? :)
#111  April 26, 2012, 10:27:16 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I think you're all idiots for arguing about this subject AGAIN. How many times have we actually gone down this path? You all think your side is correct, neither of you are going to be swayed by argument. All you're doing is arguing over the semantics of the words you use and whether someone should be offended by them or not. There is no point arguing if neither side can "win" you're just bashing your collective heads against a wall.

Now kiss and make up. Or at least shake hands.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#112  April 26, 2012, 10:48:10 am
why Rajaa :) u don't trust smiley face?

how is it possible that a virgin can bear a child?
or a some hairy dude can magically turn a gallon of water into wine?

only stupid irrational people read & believe this bullcrap!
and they say they live by this book, no wonder they do stupid things
right? 
#113  April 26, 2012, 10:54:25 am
    • Germany
is that a troll attempt or something?

you people should all go watch the relevant south park episodes, especially "Go God Go", the one about Wiis :yesgoi:
#114  April 26, 2012, 11:11:35 am
    • Thailand
#115  April 26, 2012, 12:01:46 pm
 didn't I say it close enough to your true opinion of religious people?
#116  April 26, 2012, 12:57:21 pm
    • Thailand
The only thing you did was make yourself look stupid and desperate.
#117  April 26, 2012, 02:41:58 pm
I don't mind, it was a worthy effort to know you can't say out your answer.  despite your earlier denial
Actually this was the offending post before it got split:
How else is he supposed to enlighten people on the idiocy of religion and God?
Enlighten - as if we're morons who need superior knowledge
idiocy - as if believing in something makes you an idiot

woops I ended up making a real reply to it. My bad.
To enlighten (reveal new information) to people the idiocy (the stupidity) of Religion and God. Nowhere in this post does it say that Religion and God are, in themselves, idiotic. I'm not saying I do think they are in themselves idiotic or not, I'm saying that my post does not address that.

I can't believe you both have misinterpreted some pretty straightforward posts.

or do you think christian are not idiotic and you do respect them and what they believe?

#118  April 26, 2012, 02:51:55 pm
    • Thailand
But you're not doing anything particularly respectable and we've already moved on.
#119  April 26, 2012, 03:07:11 pm
plain insult #1
careful denial using language barrier bs
thus leads to plain insult #2 about other people's intelligence
carefully avoiding to answer anything regarding the insult#1 while repeating insult #2

that is your basic MO.

face it, you're annoying coward.   

#120  April 26, 2012, 03:12:39 pm
    • Thailand
I didn't say anything about your "language barrier" and that ironically shows that you have problems understanding the language of my posts.