YesNoOk

And now SOPA's trying to come back... Again. -_- (Read 1870 times)

Started by _Data_Drain_, March 24, 2013, 09:08:03 am
Share this topic:
And now SOPA's trying to come back... Again. -_-
#1  March 24, 2013, 09:08:03 am
    • USA
Just reviving an old topic...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/07/unauthorized-streaming-felony_n_3720479.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/08/05/sopa-died-in-2012-but-obama-administration-wants-to-revive-part-of-it/

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130805/12472124074/administration-cant-let-go-wants-to-bring-back-felony-streaming-provisions-sopa.shtml

So... For those who may not remember, SOPA was a bill that would... Well, pretty much criminalize any copyright infringement. Even minor ones such as video making...

Here's a petition to HOPEFULLY stop it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sopa-2013/LMzMVrQF
Re: Stupid Annoying Bills: CISPA's return...
#2  March 24, 2013, 09:19:01 am
well tough luck usarians. but don't worry i don't think any politicians will back that bill up.
Re: Stupid Annoying Bills: CISPA's return...
#3  March 24, 2013, 06:36:41 pm
  • Wherever theres chaos, I'll be there.
For the love of God, this bullcrap again?!

Why can't politicians get that every normal american hates this frikken thing?

Do they really want to be Orsen Welles' wet nightmare that badly? Or are they that stubborn to change what's written?
Re: And now SOPA's trying to come back... Again. -_-
#4  August 23, 2013, 06:27:45 am
    • USA
So... Pardon this huge bump.

But I feel this issue needs to be addressed... Since SOPA's trying to come back... Details in the original post.
#5  August 23, 2013, 06:56:24 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Sigh. Things like this really makes me lose hope for our future. The fact that it was thought up again is really stupid. I just hope that the petition will get enough signatures to finally put this piece of shit to rest.
#6  August 23, 2013, 09:37:29 am
  • For honor!
Oh no we are all screwed our future is bleak

Wait it had no hope of ever going into law whatsoever back then and still won't now.
Iroha stripped for me
#7  August 23, 2013, 03:14:59 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
And the can of worms is open once more
#8  August 23, 2013, 03:35:38 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
This again?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#9  August 23, 2013, 04:39:53 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
The government wants to be up in everyone's business 24/7. No privacy. As long as they get their paycheck, they don't give a damn.

I say, screw the corporations. If people want to make covers of songs, let them. Haven't you considered that this may also create interest in the bands who created the original song?
Let's Plays are similar. They can create interest in a game. Better yet, they're also another way of seeing if a game is worth playing. L0rdVega's LPs of the Silent Hill games showed whether I should play them or not.

Let's Plays can also populaize really good, but obscure games people never heard of before.

You want to find terrorists and keep the country safe? That's fine with me. But don't pass a bill that limits my freedom and puts thousands of people in jail.
#10  August 23, 2013, 08:55:05 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
And this is why I've always hated politics.

Then again, expect people to say no to this shit since its basically invading people's privacy/violation to the liberty of expression. If anything, the problem resides in the fact corps give a misuse of what it is copyright. It's a matter of years (or decades) before copyleft kills copyright.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#11  August 23, 2013, 10:40:32 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
the only reason I learned about MineCraft is because I watched JoePassGaming(now retired from youtube, he was the pioneer for MineCraft Pocket Edition let's plays and the reason I found out about Tobuscus.)

I hear about bands through youtube. also this will effect mugen videos too since it is using licensed characters.
#12  August 24, 2013, 12:43:34 am
obama will protect us against sopa in the same way he protected whistleblowers
SOPA... AGAIN?!
#13  September 10, 2013, 01:53:06 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden