YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1002737 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#701  February 24, 2017, 03:27:21 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright

I haven't even gotten 30 minutes in and I'm already bored to tears; no interest in the plot, the setup, the characters or anything. :|
#702  March 03, 2017, 08:46:43 pm
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

While I liked this game more than Portrait of Ruin and don't really have anything to criticize about it, it threw a giant linear enemy gauntlet at me and just... I can't do this on a 3DS? I'm making control mistakes all over the place and just can't do this as precisely as I need to on this handheld. I'm used to playing these games on emulator or with a playstation controller and this just isn't working for me when it ramps the difficulty up.

Got enough other things to play and enough cool shit coming out that I'm just gonna trade this in and move on. I tried.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#703  March 16, 2017, 09:43:23 pm
Paper Mario: Color Splash

When did I even buy this game? Wtf?

Well, I tried it. The world and writing is actually really done and enjoyable, but the battle system is terrible, so I'm selling this one. It manages to be much more tedious than Sticker Star, and I actually had some fun with Sticker Star. A swing and a miss, Nintendo.

edit: Yeah I'm not gonna triple post.

Pokemon White 2

My second time attempting to beat this game and it's just too similar to Black/White for me to care. Giving up and moving on.
Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:48:04 pm by Snakebyte
#704  March 18, 2017, 02:13:40 am
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
I personally disagree with Pokemon B2W2 being considered better than the original BW. Maybe I'm biased, as BW was my favorite in the series.
#705  March 18, 2017, 02:35:15 am
I can understand why people wouldn't like BW, and why BW2 having old pokemon would be appealing, but I really liked a lot of the risks they took. Not my favorite overall but definitely one of the better ones.

I've just never been able to get through a full playthrough of BW2. It's different enough that it treats itself like a separate game, but it's similar enough that it isn't really, and it just gets too boring when I move out of the new areas.

I was trying to play through a bunch of them in sequence, but... nah. Especially because it's worth something and I'm moving away from where I can easily sell games in a couple of months.  On to Y.
#706  March 26, 2017, 08:39:52 am
  • For the Murder!
Monster Monpiece
I bought the game two weeks ago because some friends won't shut the f*ck up about it.
Played it for 1~2 hours daily the first week, completely dropped it after that
There was some kinda story that I only bothered to read the first two or three hollow, high-cliched dialogues about overused scenario settings.
The gameplay is a f*king joke: send your monstergirls to battle in some kind of board, where you can only summon one at a time only to have her killed by your enemy's freshly summoned mon, which in turn, will get weakened and then killed by your next summon. Repeat
Also while you are limited by your stamina, the CPU always plays premium cards (available for you via paid DLC) effectively giving it unlimited stamina.
The card leveling system is damn stupid and useless, leveling up cards or monstergirls will make them "sexier" but will in turn make the mon weaker. seriously WTF, leveling up a character should make them stronger not the other way around.
Finally, while you can have lots of different girls, when summoning them to the battlefield, they all use the same generic model representing them in battle.

tl;dr
it was garbage
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#707  April 11, 2017, 07:40:32 pm
breath of the wild
i saw someone else finish the game and the end boss kinda sucked so i stopped bothering
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#708  April 14, 2017, 10:40:35 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Similar issue with Persona 5 I guess, game wasn't clicking with me and I found it hard to care about it, I was excited to get past the early stuff but all of this shit started to feel very Persona 4ish to me, I figured I'd spoil myself and yeah I was disappointed a lot and it pretty much killed any motivation I had to keep playing.
#709  July 31, 2017, 07:34:15 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Torment: Tides Of Numenera

It's just fucking broken or something. First major battle, enemies keep spinning around in circles, making each of their turns last like 30 seconds (and there's a fuckton of them) and when I finish the fight I get stuck in combat mode so I can't talk to people normally or even fucking save. One time I couldn't even move.

Real shame too cause I was actually enjoying myself up to this point.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#710  August 19, 2017, 06:16:36 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Let It Die

The Jackson fight was irritating before I decided to buy and use ranged weapons (assault rifle, sniper rifle, etc).
#711  September 02, 2017, 02:42:44 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
Resident Evil Revelations
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#712  September 10, 2017, 07:58:31 pm
    • USA
Gimmick! (NES)

Easily one of my fave NES platformers. Pretty inventive for its time, too. Didn't get the good ending tho.
#713  November 01, 2017, 05:58:32 am
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
Sword art online Hollow realization

Not what I was expecting at all. feels like too much of a low budget cash grab
#714  January 03, 2018, 08:54:24 pm
    • USA
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Focused on activating the towers for now, then I'll do some of the shrines. God, this game is massive.
#715  February 03, 2018, 02:41:25 am
NaissanceE

I like first-person platformers and stylistic games, but I don't like darkness, especially in 3D games. If you want me to jump places, I need to see. Don't make me squint at my monitor to play. It means I'm not going to play. It means I'm going to uninstall.
#716  February 03, 2018, 03:00:17 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Dark Souls III

I enjoy playing challenging/hard games and rogue-likes as much as the next guy, but this game I need to set my bearings and be more on my toes.  The game isn't terrible, though, I just need to be patient with it, or as the Beard Bros say: Tight Bois take their time.

I will pick it back up sometime, though.
#717  February 03, 2018, 03:12:09 am
  • Raging Fist
TEKKEN 7

As a big fan of the Tekken series, this game has offered a big changeup in how you play Tekken. Alongside new movesets and characters (even the addon fill-ins), a sad yet powerful story, and beautiful arenas, this is very much a great game overall. My only beef is it needs more in the customization dept.
#718  April 12, 2018, 03:25:51 am
    • USA
    • blazeheatnix1@gmail.com
Star Wars: KOTOR

I know PC is the way to go, but having played this on Xbox it feels really awkward. A singleplayer MMO from the days before WoW standards, with a half-baked "moral choice" system where you either do something relevant to the story or do something really dickish and nonsensical. The plot feels heavily disjointed and half the time, I have no idea what's happening. It just zigzags all over the place.

I might give it another chance on PC...
#719  May 09, 2018, 05:24:43 am
    • USA
Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PS1)

Hasn't aged too well, tbh.
#720  May 09, 2018, 07:09:28 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Guardian Heroes Sega Saturn

I never played it before and as a first time play
in 2018, it was a damn fun game.

The graphics look good, 2D sprites on parallax floor
For a 3D look.  Looks great on a RGB to HDMI setup,
I'm gonna do a play through on the old CRT as well
for nostalgia lol.