• I'm sadder than you because I was here first
  • Funeral recession party, whoooooo
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

This guy cracks me up. :rofl:
Re: Random Topic V9
#5645  August 18, 2015, 10:33:34 pm
  • Updated my journal.
    • Finland
Second day of boarding school and I lock myself out of my room and have to get back in via the fire escape ladder.

Oh yeah im at boarding school now.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."

Bea

#5646  August 19, 2015, 12:09:10 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Yay... Hit 10,000 miles on my bike today.
And got a flat tire AND yet another broken rear axle. I need to be gentler with stuff I ride... The next thing I break might be painful and not so easily repaired or replaced...
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#5647  August 19, 2015, 12:16:31 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yay... Hit 10,000 miles on my bike today.
And got a flat tire AND yet another broken rear axle. I need to be gentler with stuff I ride... The next thing I break might be painful and not so easily repaired or replaced...

It's been 5 years since I last rode a bike. Man, I really need to get one of those.....

Be careful when you're riding though, my friend broke his right arm once, and it wasn't pretty. That was also his drawing arm soooooo......yeah, you can see how this went.

Bea

#5648  August 19, 2015, 12:21:32 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Eh, I have been riding my bike to work since 2008. I bike 20 miles per day.
Never had any problem, save for breaking lots of rear axles, several punctured tires, one fall once a few years ago and breaking the frame of my old bike in half after it reached 12,000 miles in.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#5649  August 19, 2015, 02:29:50 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Eh, I have been riding my bike to work since 2008. I bike 20 miles per day.
Never had any problem, save for breaking lots of rear axles, several punctured tires, one fall once a few years ago and breaking the frame of my old bike in half after it reached 12,000 miles in.

Well in that case, no worry is needed then. ^_^

On a completely different note, SSB4 related:

:XD: :XD:

#5650  August 19, 2015, 02:43:59 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Toonar12X
i am soooooooooooooo missing out...
#5651  August 19, 2015, 03:01:11 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Of eating ass? You're not missing much
#5652  August 19, 2015, 03:23:33 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
lmao

#5653  August 19, 2015, 04:08:30 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Found this pic while looking for Hirohiko Araki's artwork to try something in his style and:

LIAM'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE BEATS INTERCOURSE. (Yes it was drawn by Araki himself, if you were wondering)
#5654  August 19, 2015, 04:15:58 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#5655  August 19, 2015, 04:26:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
So I'm going to stop making my comic The Devon Legacy. I'm always split between which hobbies I want to do. MUGEN and my comic. My comic is my bigger passion. But it's just not sustainable as a hobby that I can find enjoyment now that I have a family and less time.

When I was single and worked on it that's pretty much all I did. It was my life. I was thinking about story or writing or practicing my art or making actual pages. That's about it.

Now for almost this entire year I have been working on the comic again. Under the idea that even if it's just 1 page a week I am at least still living my hobby and progressing the story.

But the limited amount of time is making it too stressful. I worry just to meet my deadline. I am not enjoying it now as each page feels like it's work and since I'm not getting a lot of drawing practice either through making more pages or random practice sketches my art is simply not improving and the pages are feeling HARDER to make each day.

To top it off I realized that it's a futile effort at storytelling. The pace is just WAY too slow. I like drawing. But I mostly like it to bring my story to life. I consider myself a writer more than an artist. I'd rather progression be made but I want that progression to look decent too.

I have 7 "seasons" planned. Each needing about 30 issues a season. Each issue will be from 20 - 64 pages long. So to simplify, at a page a day it would take me 210 years to complete the whole story. It'd take 30 years to finish season 1.

Now to add to this: making my pages requires solitude. Or at least to be left alone. It's a very introverted process that does not bring in anyone else. So I am shutting myself away from my child and wife when I work. Which I generally try to do while she is at work and he's at daycare 2 days a week.

But still it's not an experience I can share and it leaks into their time a lot because I rarely finish a page in the time I have available for reasons already mentioned.

So for that reason I decided to hang it up. If I ever get extra money where I can hire an artist I'll come back to it. But this is it. The dream of my comic has to be laid to rest.

On a plus side though this gives me a lot more time to play games again. Something I can share with family! And to work on MUGEN. Which again I can share with my son as he gets older. To play and to learn with.

So I should become more active around here and contributing again. No more splitting my 2 selves. Comic me and MUGEN me.

Thanks for the read. Just needed to air out!
#5656  August 19, 2015, 04:34:41 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I hope this means that you'll go into scriptwriting and write the next Repo Man script (Repo Gal does not count and should be destroyed).

It does seem sad, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I respect that you're putting your family first. Now to get off my ass and read the comic from beginning to end.
#5657  August 19, 2015, 04:35:44 am
  • 0% Hawaii
  • My shoe commands more respect than you.
    • Guatemala
So to simplify, at a page a day it would take me 210 years to complete the whole story.

...Are you Kentaro Miura?

Goodbye Trump comic.
#5658  August 19, 2015, 04:40:20 am
  • Complicated.cns
  • Mighty Fucked 56287&56303 Because why the fuck not
    • Argentina
pls
Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:19:04 am by -Red-
#5659  August 19, 2015, 04:59:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I hope this means that you'll go into scriptwriting and write the next Repo Man script (Repo Gal does not count and should be destroyed).

It does seem sad, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I respect that you're putting your family first. Now to get off my ass and read the comic from beginning to end.
Only if I can make it star the former wrestler called Repo Man.

If you want to stop reading at the end of Prologue it's a good place to stop. Not a ton of huge cliffhangers. If you read all of it and want to know any plot details that would have come later just message me.
I do intend to finish this issue at least. I've been making this issue for almost 5 years now off and on. And it's almost finished. 13 pages to go. So I might as well finish it. Just won't worry about deadlines. I'll post the rest of the pages all at once when I complete it.

...Are you Kentaro Miura?
Cut me some slack. I'm still faster than that!
#5660  August 19, 2015, 05:22:44 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Whoa whoa whoa...can we talk about how Norm fucking mcdonald is the new colonel sanders of kfc?!?!? What the fuckity fuck lol

Of eating ass? You're not missing much

You sure know a lot about this, eh?  :laugh:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:27:57 am by Luis Alejandro