YesNoOk

bombing at dark knight rises. (Read 38963 times)

Started by Iced, July 20, 2012, 11:11:07 am
Share this topic:

Bea

Re: bombing at dark knight rises.
#181  July 22, 2012, 12:08:50 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
but banning them will bring forth a large uproar and probably anger a lot of people who own guns for hunting(sport). It's a very hard to approach issue, and I think it comes down more to the licensing of guns
That's how it is in France : to hold a gun, you need a license, you need to pass tests (both theoritical and practical), and the gun as well as you are registered by the government. I guess it's more or less the same in other European countries. It's not about flat out banning them, which is not feasible, but about regulating and controlling them.

While I am all for tightening regulations to include background checks and psychological evaluation, this won't work as well for the US as it works for Europe, nor will stop wackos like this one.
Just like Brazil, US landmass is too big, and smuggling weapons or other illegal goods through the border is easy, so it wouldn't be too difficult for a nutjob to acquire an illegal weapon.

We have a very strict weapon regulations here, and I am working for over an year with paperwork so I can legally own a .44 special carbine, and a .44 special revolver.
Guess what, I could have them already for 20% of the price I will pay for the legalized ones. All I would have to do is to talk to a few people who contacted me, many of them with honest jobs and backgrounds, to acquire said weapons quickly.

Just like here, it would be just cheaper and easier for the wacko to get an illegal gun and commit their crime.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#182  July 22, 2012, 12:10:42 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Yeah. As it would seem it's a really hard issue to approach but it makes me wonder if it's an issue itself as opposed to the people behind the weapons. It really goes deep.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#183  July 22, 2012, 12:10:56 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
1- For instance, the state of being that you claimed guns inflict upon people. That is wrong.
2-All psychopaths are not violent, so counting the number of psychopaths doesn't attribute to the amount of gun deaths. In fact, most violent psychopaths have ritualistic killings and don't go out in broad daylight to kill tons of people who don't contribute to their ritualistic killings. Many of them use methods of killing OTHER than guns.
3-Maybe if your European news channels focused more on European countries than on America, you would all know more about the nonsense that goes on in your own countries.
4-But you can't even understand the contention of a straight-forward question, so I don't expect you to get any of this.
1- Please find the post where I said having a gun makes people crazy. I said people who are crazy shouldn't have guns. I said guns should be controlled I said people shouldn't have access to guns so easily, so that if someone goes crazy he just can't go to Walmart or his local gun shop to buy one. I know people who have guns for hunting, that never has been a problem for me.

2- Psychos is just a term I used for "these bastards who shoot other people". I'm not including all psychopaths. Maybe we can come back to the "crime rate by firearms stattistics".

3- Tell me more about the non-sense going on in our countries. :)
Don't worry, we don't even focus so much on this shooting, it's like "Trivia : grandmother Michelle 86 died yesterday in her house, shooting in Colorado 12 killed regular stuff there, a homeless stole a banana in a shop".

4- What straight-forward question ? What are you talking about ? Be clear when you say people are wrong.

@ Bia : thanks for writing a post that makes sense, it's been missing in these last few pages...
#184  July 22, 2012, 12:11:36 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#185  July 22, 2012, 12:18:16 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
#186  July 22, 2012, 12:19:29 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
What sounds better to prevent cases like this one?

Selling guns in Supermarkets /Internet

Banning guns from Supermarkets and the Internet?
#187  July 22, 2012, 12:26:54 pm
    • Thailand
1- For instance, the state of being that you claimed guns inflict upon people. That is wrong.
2-All psychopaths are not violent, so counting the number of psychopaths doesn't attribute to the amount of gun deaths. In fact, most violent psychopaths have ritualistic killings and don't go out in broad daylight to kill tons of people who don't contribute to their ritualistic killings. Many of them use methods of killing OTHER than guns.
3-Maybe if your European news channels focused more on European countries than on America, you would all know more about the nonsense that goes on in your own countries.
4-But you can't even understand the contention of a straight-forward question, so I don't expect you to get any of this.
1- Please find the post where I said having a gun makes people crazy. I said people who are crazy shouldn't have guns. I said guns should be controlled I said people shouldn't have access to guns so easily, so that if someone goes crazy he just can't go to Walmart or his local gun shop to buy one. I know people who have guns for hunting, that never has been a problem for me.

2- Psychos is just a term I used for "these bastards who shoot other people". I'm not including all psychopaths. Maybe we can come back to the "crime rate by firearms stattistics".

3- Tell me more about the non-sense going on in our countries. :)
Don't worry, we don't even focus so much on this shooting, it's like "Trivia : grandmother Michelle 86 died yesterday in her house, shooting in Colorado 12 killed regular stuff there, a homeless stole a banana in a shop".

4- What straight-forward question ? What are you talking about ? Be clear when you say people are wrong.

@ Bia : thanks for writing a post that makes sense, it's been missing in these last few pages...
I thought you were Jean burea. Your avatar appeared to be his or something similiar and I didn't bother looking at your name. That's what happens when you intentionally impersonate people's avatars in a topic that has many arguments going on simultaneously. :S

Bea

#188  July 22, 2012, 12:28:39 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
What sounds better to prevent cases like this one?

Selling guns in Supermarkets /Internet

Banning guns from Supermarkets and the Internet?

Neither.

Banning guns or making them harder to acquire would just means that he would likely have less guns with him, but he would still be able to get an illegal assault rifle or revolver or shotgun and commit that madness.

For around 700 USD, I can get myself an illegal AR-15 rifle with full auto here...

For reference: In 1999, one wacko took an UZI to a movie theater in Brazil and opened fire.
A civilian can't get an UZI legally here, nor can get guns at a supermarket or the internet.
That didn't stop that guy.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#189  July 22, 2012, 12:30:18 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
:ninja:
I'm genius!
#190  July 22, 2012, 12:32:26 pm
You must not get out much if that's the dumbest thing you've ever heard. You must also not know much about the American Revolution and just why that amendment was put into place.

Yes I know about the American revolution. But in modern day peace times it isn't a smart amendment to have.

Yes, we, the Americans, as a hive-mind, will never ever give up our guns. Resistence is futile. Your life, as it has been - is over. From this time forward, you will service - us.  :borg:

I mean as to say if a gun owning American street gave up their guns and destroyed them all it would take is one person on the street to keep his shotgun and be like "This street is mine gunless bitches!!" for the rest of the street to live in fear of that maniac who kept his shotgun. So that's why taking guns away from Americans will never work because all it would take is for some to hide and keep them for all hell to break loose as they'll fight for their right.

Also I think the maniac who killed all those people in the screening should simply be put to death no questions asked because to me a human that has made the consious decision to kill an innocent person is no longer human and so should be stripped of their human rights

Yeah, fuck a free and just trial!!!

I stand by this  :twisted:

Spoiler: Your signature is oversized. Please read the rules next time. (click to see content)
#191  July 22, 2012, 01:57:28 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I just realized that people were talking about me a few pages back without me knowing, how sweet.

On a more serious note, for each gunshooting, mass-murdering murder you can name in the United States, I can find at least 30 or more gun-owning people who are responsible and will not go on a rampage.

Do not call all of America cowboy-crazy because of a rampaging murder, because all nations have their fair-share of them.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#192  July 22, 2012, 02:06:22 pm
On a more serious note, for each gunshooting, mass-murdering murder you can name in the United States, I can find at least 30 or more gun-owning people who are responsible and will not go on a rampage.
And none of them actually need a gun in the street, at the very least not a machine gun with hundreds of clips.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#193  July 22, 2012, 02:08:57 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
And none of them actually need a gun in the street, at the very least not a machine gun with hundreds of clips.

That machine gun piece I can agree to at least.

But I wouldn't say none of them, for such words are easily proved false.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#194  July 22, 2012, 02:23:18 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
#195  July 22, 2012, 03:12:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Rajaa, please, stop telling people they are dumb or stupid as a mean of some kind of argument,
Don't make dumb posts and your posts won't be called dumb. Plausibility, not argumentation. You can avoid making dumb posts by not posting while you're drunk.

Your last edit is false. You didn't read my mind correctly.
stop telling people they are dumb when you are arguing with them, its a terrible way to go about anything, specially arguments.
He is just telling you that the law has no connection to the current reality because the need ot have a militia at all times to ensure the protection of the land from invaders and replace the police in times of need is no longer a reality.

:::::::::::::
There is absolutely no reason anyone needs to stock up on military grade weapons, I dont even mean a background check, but how do you not check that a person already has 3 guns on his name when buying a fourth? Had any laws about gun control been in place, more of those persons would be alive, no matter how much americans might be culturally blind to that. It is neither normal or even logic to have every citizen be able to hold a machine gun with a high leverage clip size, all that means is that at any time everyone could pull out a machine gun and start spraying bullets everywhere.

this situation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFZDhCjvj0
would just increase and happen more, the thiefs would have gone in there with uzis, everyone would have a piece, a shootout would ensue, bystanders would be killed, more death, mode blood. Hey maybe one of them had some nice grenade launchers
http://www.autoweapons.com/products/destructivedevices.html they could even blow the bodies afterwards.

Next im going to be told that you need access to grenade launchers because criminals also have access to them by illegal means.
#196  July 22, 2012, 03:28:51 pm
    • Thailand
stop telling people they are dumb when you are arguing with them
I'd rather not.

He is just telling you that the law has no connection to the current reality because the need ot have a militia at all times to ensure the protection of the land from invaders and replace the police in times of need is no longer a reality.
It's not necessarily necessary to stop invasions by foreign militias, but it's useful to stop domestic criminals who may or may not have guns obtained legally or illegally. Police officers can't be everywhere. If someone is in my house trying to rape me, a 911 call is not gonna save my life if it is in imminent danger.
#197  July 22, 2012, 03:39:41 pm
If someone is in my house trying to rape me, a 911 call is not gonna save my life if it is in imminent danger.
Clearly you need a machine gun to fend him off.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#198  July 22, 2012, 03:41:59 pm
i think rajaa is on to me...[size=1pt]or should i say i'll be in rajaa.[/size]
#199  July 22, 2012, 03:43:01 pm
    • Thailand
#200  July 22, 2012, 03:45:48 pm
If someone is in my house trying to rape me, a 911 call is not gonna save my life if it is in imminent danger.

Where do you guys get all these ideas ?

I mean yeah it's possible (it always is) but the probability is such that if i follow the logic, you might as well stop driving considering the probability of dying in a car accident, which is by the way, probably higher than getting rapped/attacked by a person breaking into your house.

In the worst case if you are this concerned about defense, get a tazer or baseball bat..

I had a couple of people trying to break into the house when i was very young (they tried to climb the balcony... idiots lol) when i think about it again, it would definitly make want to increase my ability to defend myself.
But "getting a gun" would never be a reflex. It's not something that would come to my mind at all.

edit: maybe you live in a VERY dangerous area... I dunno   o_O
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 03:48:59 pm by Jean Bureau