YesNoOk

bombing at dark knight rises. (Read 38922 times)

Started by Iced, July 20, 2012, 11:11:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: bombing at dark knight rises.
#301  July 23, 2012, 12:19:51 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ because their tv channels. They preach fear and violence.
#302  July 23, 2012, 12:21:06 pm
    • Thailand
You said if we were to restrict normal people (normal = not a criminal) to have guns, it would give an advantage to criminals who ignores the law anyway. That is true.
So pretty much, what motivates you is the fear of having your safety lowered (you couldn't defend yourself anymore).

But then, why this fear ?
Why fear criminals with guns when I am without the means to defend myself? I think you already know the answer to that question.

I mean considering the legislation in France for example, according to your argument above, we, "normal" french citizen are disadvantaged compared to criminals since we can't have guns so easily.
Yes. You are.

But here is the thing --> We don't have that fear of yours explaining a constant desire to own a gun.

Why the fear ?
To be clear: It's not fear. It's entitlement. We don't fear being randomly killed by criminals like people might fear in countries like Mexico. We feel entitled. If everyone else is gonna have guns, we should be able to have guns too. The law is not an outright bad law, it is useful. If at some time in the future it is amended, then so be it, but there's always a chance that it can be changed back. It all depends on who is running the government and how they're controlling guns. Luckily, the government of my country, so far, agrees with me, and I like that.

I don't necessarily speak for everyone's reasoning for the right to bear arms.

^^ because their tv channels. They preach fear and violence.
Please tell me this is a joke.
#303  July 23, 2012, 12:24:46 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#304  July 23, 2012, 12:25:26 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
"We feel entitled. If everyone else is gonna have guns, we should be able to have guns too."

See? Thats the mistake  :)

"someone has weapons..so we need weapons too!

Thats a basic thought which reminds me at the stone age. Seriously.

And yes that about the tv channels was  meant as a joke.

#305  July 23, 2012, 12:27:10 pm
    • Thailand
How is that a mistake? Explain why it is a mistake.

If you mean self preservation reminds you of the stone age, then you might not be going far back enough. In fact, that is one of the jobs of  a state, allowing people to preserve themselves and their possessions (if you consider property a natural right instead of a state-induced one).

What if the police force decides it's open season on citizens? They'll think twice when those citizens have guns. It's not only for petty criminals, it's for invasions, revolts, things like the shooting in this thread.

You can't boil this down to the stone age and call it day. It's much more than that.
#306  July 23, 2012, 12:32:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
The mistake is, that someone has weapons already.

The 2nd mistake is that there are people who want to have weapons because someone else has

See, if nobody would have weapons in the first place..why should someone want them...except he is a psycho of course.

Yes i know what you mean but i rather chosed the stone age example as talking about the battles of the different species when it comes to kill others for food or space.

#307  July 23, 2012, 12:34:37 pm
    • Germany
What if the police force decides it's open season on citizens?

If that is even a remotely relevant fear, then you have bigger problems than gun control I'd say.
#308  July 23, 2012, 12:41:44 pm
    • Thailand
See, if nobody would have weapons in the first place..why should someone want them...except he is a psycho of course.
If it only it was as simple as making nobody have weapons. You're oversimplifying this; and that might be an understatement.

Yes i know what you mean but i rather chosed the stone age example as talking about the battles of the different species when it comes to kill others for food or space.
That's not the stone age, that's, unfortunately, the way of survival. =p

What if the police force decides it's open season on citizens?

If that is even a remotely relevant fear, then you have bigger problems than gun control I'd say.
True. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared for something that isn't likely to happen. =p

#309  July 23, 2012, 12:44:56 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
#310  July 23, 2012, 12:48:24 pm
    • Germany
True. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared for something that isn't likely to happen. =p

I hope you recognize this as the start of the vicious circle that it is...

Bea

#311  July 23, 2012, 12:50:55 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
the laws in hypothetical-land are obviously the same as in Germany (and probably other european countries).

Bleh. 15 pages of insightless NO U discussion. I'm outta here

:(
I believe I tried to make and fact based posts, but they seem to have gone completely ignored.
I have even mentioned two shootings that happened here in Brazil, where guns are soft banned and regulated by laws similar to the ones you proposed on your post.
Because of our borders and population size, those guys just managed to get illegal guns and commit their crimes. One got two revolvers and hundreds of ammo to shoot a children's school, the other an uzi with 50 9mm rounds to shoot people during the screening of Fight Club in 1999, which clearly shows that not having the right to bear arms will not stop tragedies like the one in Aurora...

I don't think that none of you who live in Europe need the right to bear arms. You have a more controlled situation there, with borders very well defined, and neighbors you can usually trust. I am glad you have that situation there. Good for you all.

But here, and in the US, situation is quite different. Here any bum can get an illegal gun, and there's nothing I can do about that.
I would feel safer here if I had the right to bear arms and carry a concealed gun, because things are ugly around these parts.

Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#312  July 23, 2012, 12:59:18 pm
Man that video is terrible... what the fuck with these cops. In France cops are almost afraid to pull out their guns because it would be easy to have the legislation against them even if they point / shoot a suspect / criminal.

These cops on the video seem to believe they are cowboys maybe...  o_O

------------

MissChastity

You bring a valuable point.
The bottom line is that the environment is more harmful in ths US which explains a bigger need in people to have a gun. But then, I have another question, Why is the environment more harmful ?

What is the source of the problem ?

Why is it more dangerous to live in US than in EU in the first place ? What causes this higher danger sort of speaking ?
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#313  July 23, 2012, 12:59:28 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
See? @ Beatrice

Thats where harder laws about come into play, of course your crime and gangs culture has to be erased as well though. Banning guns might only solve half of the problem.

The Mafia and syndicates in Brazil and the USA need to extinct.

After all, this tragic case in the theatre wasnt done by a mafiosi however but by some 24 year old stupid idiot, ..who could get his weapons because lax laws.

@jean. check out youtube. There are hundreds of videos showing american cops behaving like they are cowboys and the absolute law. Those guys there have a different understanding of their job as here in europe.

#314  July 23, 2012, 01:07:03 pm
    • Thailand
#315  July 23, 2012, 01:17:56 pm
    • USA
Why is it more dangerous to live in US than in EU in the first place ?
Ooh is this the "throw out unsubstantiated bullshit" game? Lemme try.

Why do Europeans eat their own poop? It's so disgusting!

@jean. check out youtube. There are hundreds of videos showing american cops behaving like they are cowboys and the absolute law. Those guys there have a different understanding of their job as here in europe.
And I'm sure there are zero videos of European cops behaving the same way. I definitely haven't heard anything about police brutality during austerity measure riots.

it's a shame we USEAians are so stupid and dumb
#316  July 23, 2012, 01:22:01 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Why do you call yourself stupid and dumb? (not that i would have a problem with that..in your case)

Did someone call you or americans in general stupid or dumb or why such a reaction?

Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:26:40 pm by GBK667
#317  July 23, 2012, 01:23:44 pm
    • USA
#318  July 23, 2012, 01:31:45 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Ooh is this the "throw out unsubstantiated bullshit" game? Lemme try.
I'm pretty sure you perfectly understood his point, even if it wasn't phrased to your liking :
- USA : we need guns because of background history and because it's dangerous, so we need them to defend ourselves.
- EU : we don't have guns and it works perfectly. Of course some people get killed by guns, that can't be avoided, but there are far less gun related crimes than in the US.
-> Question : Are the US less safe than EU ? If not, why this need to defend yourself more than in EU (where it works better in terms of crimes) if the country (not the country as a whole, more like State by State, you get the point) isn't more dangerous to live in ?
#319  July 23, 2012, 01:34:02 pm
    • Thailand
Why do you call yourself stupid and dumb? (not that i would have a problem with that..in your case)

Did someone call you or americans in general stupid or dumb or why such a reaction?

Non-American: ALL AMERICANS ARE STUPID!

American: I take offense to that!

Non-American: I only said all Americans are stupid, not you. Why are you offended?

American: Who's stupid now?

Yeah. I am done here. This all boils down to certain people not liking America. I am sure of it.
#320  July 23, 2012, 01:41:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I dont know who is stupid but nobody called you /americans in general that here.

Why are you and Jmorphman making things up and change words?

"Yeah. I am done here. This all boils down to certain people not liking America. I am sure of it."

That however, is bullshit.

Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:44:44 pm by GBK667