YesNoOk

bombing at dark knight rises. (Read 38792 times)

Started by Iced, July 20, 2012, 11:11:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: bombing at dark knight rises.
#341  July 23, 2012, 05:18:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Mog

#342  July 23, 2012, 06:09:22 pm
Hmm, it seems (I think) they're only selling "models of weapons and ammunition"?

No, they're the real deal.  Usually museums end up with them, or Veterans Groups or even that cannon in the town square. (not that I wouldnt LOVE to have one with a big sign "Don't even THINK of letting your dog crap on my yard")  But they are real and available for sale.  My Dad's legion post got a tank 4 years ago and a helicopter last year.

MissBhaven -
Sooo... what's with you and guns exactly  ;D

Long boring story, with the moral "it makes me feel safe", and feeling safe is the most important thing in my life.

I live in a rural area and have shot wounded animals that were hit by cars and left to die, racoons with rabies, and venomous snakes.  I live alone and no one will ever come in my house uninvited...  EVER.    I travel for work and if I should ever find myself in a bad situation, I want to be able to defend myself against people bigger, stronger and faster than me (ie:men).  The more people that know I support the NRA and  take full advantage of my constitutional rights, the better I feel about it.

:bow:
#343  July 23, 2012, 07:57:37 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

hard to see him as the monster he is.
#344  July 23, 2012, 08:25:46 pm
    • Germany

Mog

#345  July 23, 2012, 08:29:23 pm
Awwww dangit Val and I was gonna invite one of my gun loving friends (she happens to live in Germany by the way) here just to debate.

But I still want that tank.

#346  July 23, 2012, 08:54:47 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Jesus man....I just realized he kinda looks like you.

No offense meant GBK, since this guy is at the top of my douche list and you are pretty much up the with the rest of the people I like in the internet.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#347  July 23, 2012, 08:58:50 pm
    • USA
#348  July 23, 2012, 09:05:50 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Jesus man....I just realized he kinda looks like you.

No offense meant GBK, since this guy is at the top of my douche list and you are pretty much up the with the rest of the people I like in the internet.

Yup, you are right. When i saw this photo i thought so as well and didnt like that. His face is similar to mine, the small sideburns too, and i am glad i wear my hair much shorter and would never color them orange. I have no intentions to do some crap like he did and also have a ton of social contacts while this guy seems to have been pretty isolated.
#349  July 23, 2012, 09:16:44 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

well, it didn't mean to sound so offensive: it just happened that you were the last one i read mentioning France: it has here been used (imo) as a too good example of some kind of a "perfect" society (or at least it came out that way to me) when it's absolutely not...that's why i also wanted people who wouldn't know that we have the same issues!

sorry if it came out so wrong (i knew a smiley could have been useful)
#350  July 23, 2012, 09:49:46 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/07/a-land-without-guns-how-japan-has-virtually-eliminated-shooting-deaths/260189/

Bia: Sorry, I actually didn't read the thread in its entirety before I posted. And at this point I'm too lazy for a proper discussion :P

Although Japan has a lower overall crime rate, it really shouldn't be a model to compare the other nations to due to vast cultural differences and the fact that the Japanese were literally bred to hate guns for generations.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#351  July 23, 2012, 10:03:04 pm
the Japanese were literally bred to hate guns for generations.
And it's not possible to do the same in other countries ? Even if it takes a few generations. Why not start now ? Oh no, can't do that, it's a cultural thing about becoming a man.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#352  July 23, 2012, 10:08:17 pm
  • This is... the LAST dance...
    • USA
Exactly, an event such as this can happen anywhere, anytime. Not to be paranoid or anything, but we just gotta be aware and try to prevent things like this.. Damn...
#353  July 23, 2012, 10:11:54 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
The shit thing is that this happened in the town where that fuckwad that stole my girlfriend and my son. If only that guy went for the local UPS warehouse...
#354  July 23, 2012, 10:32:29 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Edit : this is not to be taken 100% seriously, obviously. The author always points out problems in a satirical way.
But what does Obama and Romney being pantless mean? And what do their gloves symbolize???

And yes the question was presuming that the US are more dangerous than EU, because the question was following WHAT MISS CHASTITY SAID. So read back her post preceeding my question, and if you are still outraged, ask her the reasons she made that statement, that logically explains the presumptions in my question.
Bia said nothing about America/Brazil being inherently more dangerous than Europe. She said that banning guns would not completely rid either America or Brazil of guns.

We are talking about all this gun thing but, has the controversy even been discussed seriously in USA ? I don't know if that's a classic theme of debate in USA, just like Immigration and National Identity is in France, that's why I am asking.
Yes. Why wouldn't it be discussed?

No, they're the real deal.  Usually museums end up with them, or Veterans Groups or even that cannon in the town square. (not that I wouldnt LOVE to have one with a big sign "Don't even THINK of letting your dog crap on my yard")  But they are real and available for sale.  My Dad's legion post got a tank 4 years ago and a helicopter last year.
Wait, really? You can just straight up buy a tank with a working cannon, and ammo for that?

That's a terrible idea. :stare:

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/213591/158/AMC-Theatres-Bans-Costumes-Masks-Fake-Weapons-After-Colorado-Shooting

hahaha, you guys are hilarious, you ban masks and fake weapons yet carrying real weapons to the theater is fine I guess. Cool.
AMC would probably love to ban guns; however, doing so would get them sued immediately in states with concealed weapon laws.

literally bred to hate guns for generations.
I don't think you know what the words "literally" and "bred" mean.

The shit thing is that this happened in the town where that fuckwad that stole my girlfriend and my son. If only that guy went for the local UPS warehouse...
What?
#355  July 23, 2012, 10:38:07 pm
Bia said nothing about America/Brazil being inherently more dangerous than Europe. She said that banning guns would not completely rid either America or Brazil of guns.
He was replying to this :
I don't think that none of you who live in Europe need the right to bear arms. You have a more controlled situation there, with borders very well defined, and neighbors you can usually trust. I am glad you have that situation there. Good for you all.

But here, and in the US, situation is quite different. Here any bum can get an illegal gun, and there's nothing I can do about that.
I would feel safer here if I had the right to bear arms and carry a concealed gun, because things are ugly around these parts.
That totally sounds exactly like "the US/Brazil is inherently more dangerous than Europe".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#356  July 23, 2012, 10:41:59 pm
    • USA
That's not how I read it.
#357  July 23, 2012, 10:44:07 pm
... what.

Mog

#358  July 23, 2012, 10:44:53 pm
AMC would probably love to ban guns; however, doing so would get them sued immediately in states with concealed weapon laws.

Not at all, any business or public gathering place like libraries can ban guns from the premises in Ohio despite the CC law.

These signs are everywhere here, not sure about other states though.  And despite what people may think,  responsible gun owners (like me!!!) don't carry weapons everywhere. 

#359  July 23, 2012, 10:50:48 pm
    • USA
... what.
What do you mean, what? It's pretty self-explanatory: my reading of Bia's post was that she was not saying Europe is inherently safer.

Now enough off-topic wankery.

These signs are everywhere here, not sure about other states though.  And despite what people may think,  responsible gun owners (like me!!!) don't carry weapons everywhere. 
Hmm, maybe AMC didn't want to bring the wrath of the NRA upon them (even though laws that permit gun bannings from public places exist). They just want this to go away as quickly as possible so they're doing simple things that will help make people feel safer (while not really resulting in a safer experience) while avoiding any and all possible controversy.
#360  July 23, 2012, 10:53:54 pm

What do you guys think of this?

I agree but disagree with this I think that if he were from another race then there would be more media and public outrage than there already is but this picture is a exaggeration I don't think he'd be dead yet if he was from another race or the accusations would be as fierce.
Spoiler: Your signature is oversized. Please read the rules next time. (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:08:12 pm by blackstar