YesNoOk

bombing at dark knight rises. (Read 38754 times)

Started by Iced, July 20, 2012, 11:11:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: bombing at dark knight rises.
#601  August 04, 2012, 12:26:33 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
You say that people have different views. So what ? That's true for any place, about any topic, for any population. And yet, there are laws that are common to the entire country, like "slavery is illegal" and other very basic shit. And it still works.
It's almost as if the federal goverenment can make its own laws which supersede state laws! Why, if only America had a system like that in place!

Why though? Why make gun laws different? No state is actually inherently MORE dangerous than others at it's base level. They are in fact dangerous because of their gun laws, not the other way round. There is not some alien race just over the border who want to kill you, you're not at war with the state next door.
Guns are absolutely something that needs to be regulated on a federal level, but the NRA is gonna make that absolutely impossible. :(
#602  August 04, 2012, 12:29:26 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
why is everyone so afraid, why are they even afraid of voicing their oppinions, it sounds like hyper religious bullshit the way people go about their guns and rights mandated by a decree made when they were trying to get rights to protestants to have guns back in britain.

It almost reminds me of those people that keep quoting leviticus whenever they are asked about gay marriage. Every country has updated their laws to deal with modern bullshit, its part of evolution, and it only makes sense to have those things regulated wholly.
Otherwise you have the blatant stupid shit of "guns are banned in new york, lets go to the next state over to get some legal ones and bring them back here!"
#603  August 04, 2012, 12:34:28 am
    • USA
#604  August 04, 2012, 12:36:04 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I just think it's odd that people who don't live in America or don't know exactly how everything works are acting like they do. It's alright to have general knowledge and be reasonable, but then you get "Man you better watch out the streets are full of people with guns." And to think this all came from a thread where people were paying respects to the victims of a theater shooting.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#605  August 04, 2012, 12:38:57 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
but then you get "Man you better watch out the streets are full of people with guns."

Well that part is odd, while escalation might be a problem, its not like everyone would carry a gun even if they could, that just wouldnt fit most people's profiles.  What is this, gta? The wild west?
#606  August 04, 2012, 12:39:12 am
It's almost as if the federal goverenment can make its own laws which supersede state laws! Why, if only America had a system like that in place!
They could probably make some law to regulate guns a little better than the very basic laws many states have ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#607  August 04, 2012, 12:40:46 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
but then you get "Man you better watch out the streets are full of people with guns."

Well that part is odd, while escalation might be a problem, its not like everyone would carry a gun even if they could, that just wouldnt fit most people's profiles.  What is this, gta? The wild west?
It's odd, but it's what people have been saying in this thread, as sad as it is.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#608  August 04, 2012, 01:03:14 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Not much to add to Byakko's and Cyanide's latest posts (I was just too slow to write what they wrote :ninja:)

Not 100% relevant :
But yeah Rajaa, that was weird.
I don't understand which of Rajaa's posts you're talking about.

It's odd, but it's what people have been saying in this thread, as sad as it is.
It was probably just an over exaggeration written in the middle of a heated debate to prove a point.
#609  August 04, 2012, 01:29:10 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#610  August 04, 2012, 04:33:28 am
You're questioning the structure of the United States of America and saying that each state should be its own country and comparing that to the tyranny of having individual laws for each person, which not only shows how little you understand about the country, but it is also almost as bad as you comparing banning costumes from a movie theater to racism.
You're the only country in the world (I think) were each part of the country has laws different from its neighbour. I fail to see how it makes this country "beautiful".
It was not a comparison either. I don't see how you can think it's a comparison.

You fell so easily into MBH's joke-post
80% of her posts are joke-like posts, and it doesn't make my post any less true. France or Germany shouldn't have to take care or Norway's problems. The US government should take care of the problems in its States.

which shows how eager you are to make America look bad. You have a huge gaping bias reaming with the puss of your ignorance. I don't think there's any hope for you.
I'm open to any discussion. How laws for companies in the US allow much more liberty than in France and I'd prefer if we had this system. How France almost got a sex addict president. How Italy had one. How Spain's and Portugal's unemployment rate, especially for young people, is high. How USA should stop launching wars in the Middle West. How the way the European Economical crysis is handled is bad. How bad the Mexican cartels are.
The US has good laws and bad laws (state dependent or not), the topic at hand is about gun laws, which I consider badly handled in the US. Feel free to open topics and criticize, in a good or bad way, things happening in any countries. If I think it makes sense, I will say it. If I think it's stupid, I'll say it. This has nothing to do with any kind of bias.
Stop thinking anybody disagreeing with you is an Anti-American wuss.

Which brings me to :
idk why europeans think they're superior to americans while they did some pretty useful inventions and innovations. except for germany like it or not they produced most ingenious creations in the past 100 years.
What the fuck are you talking about ? Where did anybody say "Europe > America" ? What do inventions have to do with anything discussed here ? Einstein and Tesla could have been American, it would change nothing to how good or stupid some of their laws are.

Cybaster maybe you should try backing up your arguments with intelligence, the intelligence you didn't use when coding a dumb flashy DBZ character.
I'm a failure. :bigcry: I'd like to be like Jmorphman ...
Except he makes boring characters :mmiley:
;P [/jk]

It's what problem?
state legislation is retarded on something as important as that - it's criminally dumb, even. The whole country should have a regulation for that. This is exactly why the USA as a whole can't be taken seriously on this matter, and why people end up saying what Cybaster says. Don't say "you don't understand that states have their own laws each" as if it was an excuse, because it's not. It's the cause (or a major cause) of the problem.

i got it from your posts... the fuck man i really thought you're the pikachu guy?!
#611  August 04, 2012, 04:48:30 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I just think it's odd that people who don't live in America or don't know exactly how everything works are acting like they do. It's alright to have general knowledge and be reasonable, but then you get "Man you better watch out the streets are full of people with guns." And to think this all came from a thread where people were paying respects to the victims of a theater shooting.

Doesn't work very well. We can see how it works. It works badly. We have our own countries as counterpoint to this. There are far less gun deaths here, or in the UK (which has a shitload of people and is really cramped) than there are in the US which is when you get right down to it, pretty sparsely populated.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#612  August 04, 2012, 05:52:06 am
  • all is love in fair and war
in my country gun is forbidden for citizen, some badguys have guns from illegal sources, but it doesn't mean we as citizen should counter that by legalizing everybody to own guns just to make it "fair",

here when somebody point a gun to our nose and rob us, we give in, we will lose some money, but at least we have lesser change to get shot since we don't play macho trying to reach our own gun and thus get shot dead and robbed as well.
#613  August 04, 2012, 07:59:52 am
    • USA
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/5712573/UK-is-violent-crime-capital-of-Europe.html
the article said:
It means there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the UK, making it the most violent place in Europe.

Austria is second, with a rate of 1,677 per 100,000 people, followed by Sweden, Belgium, Finland and Holland.

By comparison, America has an estimated rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000 population.

France recorded 324,765 violent crimes in 2007 – a 67 per cent increase in the past decade – at a rate of 504 per 100,000 population.
:-\
#614  August 04, 2012, 08:20:54 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I said gun deaths! Not violent crime which is everything from guns to fisticuffs.

And no, this is not the UK is inherently safer. Just inherently less gun based.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#615  August 04, 2012, 08:24:50 am
    • USA
Oh, I wasn't replying to anyone. And I wasn't trying to say anything like "oh hoho, see this is what happens when you ban guns." Just something I got linked to and wanted to discuss.

Because I don't really know what to think of it.
#616  August 04, 2012, 08:34:14 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Cramped country lacking jobs = more shit like that. Although i'd like to see the results of last year or something as that WAS 2007, would be interesting to see what it was at now.

#617  August 04, 2012, 09:14:39 am
    • Thailand
why is everyone so afraid, why are they even afraid of voicing their oppinions, it sounds like hyper religious bullshit the way people go about their guns and rights mandated by a decree made when they were trying to get rights to protestants to have guns back in britain.
It's not fear. I just don't want to discuss it. And comparing gun laws to "hyper religious bullshit" is almost as bad as Cybaster's racism examples.

Otherwise you have the blatant stupid shit of "guns are banned in new york, lets go to the next state over to get some legal ones and bring them back here!"
Really? You really, really, don't know what you're talking about. It's not that simple because there are federal laws surrounding the interstate commerce of guns and everything else. Gun smuggling is illegal. Once again, please do some research. I'm with MissbHaven, you guys really don't know what you're talking about and I can't take any of you seriously.

The Second Amendment
Interstate Commerce Clause
Gun Control Act of 1968
National Firearms Act
Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act
Firearm Owners Protection Act
The Hughes Amendment
District of Columbia v. Heller
Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act

You're speaking a bunch of stuff that has already been regulated by the federal government. All of you are just voicing opinions and misconceptions without knowing a lick about the legislation of the government of the United States of America.

I just think it's odd that people who don't live in America or don't know exactly how everything works are acting like they do.
Exactly.
#618  August 04, 2012, 11:25:55 am
    • France
Because I don't really know what to think of it.
Neither do I.
As many countries in Europe, there's violence in France, especially in suburbs of big cities, with thievery. High taxes, few jobs, lack of a system helping the poor (even though we have one of the best ones AFAIK, but it's never enough, the government doesn't have infinite money, DOH!).
I don't think France is any less violent than the US at its core state.
But still, I don't want to imagine how violent France would become if we legalized guns.

I can't take any of you seriously.

The Second Amendment
[...]
Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act

Bunch of stuff
Okay okay, we get it. To your eyes, the gun regulation policy in the US is perfect and allows very good controls and regulation. Yet the statistics about deaths by gun speak for themselves.
We're back to the old problem : it's the man, not the gun (since your gun laws are perfect, they can't be questionned). So if it's the man's fault, why so many deaths by gun ? Is it because people in the US give birth to more killers, is it in your genes to go kill your neighbors ? I guess not. Is it a society problem, where there's such a lack of education/job/hope, where there are gangs and whatnot, pushing people to commit crimes ?
If you don't want to put the fault on the guns but on the man, then tell us why men in the US kill more people than in the rest of the world.
#619  August 04, 2012, 11:38:41 am
    • Thailand

Dude. This is why I keep ignoring you. I didn't say anything about the perfection of gun laws. I did not imply or insist that the problem is the person, not the gun.

Why are you arguing against things that my post did not say.
#620  August 04, 2012, 11:47:51 am
    • France
That's what ALL your posts vehicle :
Each time somebody wants to say gun laws in the US are ridiculous or not good enough and should be changed, you defend them by saying we should make more research because we obviously don't know how they work.
This implies you don't want them to change, which means you think they're fine.

I did not imply or insist that the problem is the person, not the gun.
Basic argument: The problem isn't guns, the problem is people.
HAH !!! Unless you want to use this time-continuum paradox where you say your old posts are not relevant, as you did with Iced.