YesNoOk

Tailspins like Tekken 7 (Read 3868 times)

Started by Tekkenthusiast, June 09, 2017, 04:09:12 pm
Share this topic:
Tailspins like Tekken 7
#1  June 09, 2017, 04:09:12 pm
    • USA
    • ronlacson1@yahoo.com
are tailspins possible in MUGEN? tailspins are exclusive tekken mechanics that extends combo potential. for those who don't know what tailspin is, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtpthJtkHRs and skip to 0:25. any help would be appreciated :D
"Come back when you're ready to fight!"
-Heihachi
Re: Tailspins like Tekken 7
#2  June 10, 2017, 01:51:36 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to do. You could make a second hitdef for specific instances of laying on the ground, or make a custom hitstate.
I'd imagine the custom hitstate would be more reliable.
So you'd want some type of code in your hitdef(s) of any combo that can send P2 into the position. You could use P2Stateno in the hitdef, or targetstate. Targetstate is probably the best bet because you could use a var to keep track of exactly what puts P2 into the situation.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  June 10, 2017, 07:22:05 pm
    • USA
    • ronlacson1@yahoo.com
Doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to do. You could make a second hitdef for specific instances of laying on the ground, or make a custom hitstate.
I'd imagine the custom hitstate would be more reliable.
So you'd want some type of code in your hitdef(s) of any combo that can send P2 into the position. You could use P2Stateno in the hitdef, or targetstate. Targetstate is probably the best bet because you could use a var to keep track of exactly what puts P2 into the situation.

Ok thanks for the Suggestions, I also want tailspins to hit in midair only once , for example while the opponent is in midair a roundhouse from p1 will send P2 to "tailspin" state and if another roundhouse will hit p2 while he's in a "tailspin" state it won't send p2 to tailspin state again :D
"Come back when you're ready to fight!"
-Heihachi
#4  June 10, 2017, 10:07:28 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Read up on the HitDef. http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hitdef-sctrls-169450.0.html
The ID,  ChainID, NoChainID might be what you're after.

I'm not sure if it'd be worth it to you to set a variable to keep track of the "tailspin". Instead of using the ID and NoChainID, you'd use the var that basically equals that. And you'd be able to have anything else know when you're in the tailspin because of the var.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  June 11, 2017, 01:25:03 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Is the tailspin the hitting and spinning of the opponent and even after hitting the ground they can still be hit from another combo? Because thats as simple as setting your hitflag to hit downed/falling opponents. hitflag = MAFD

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."