YesNoOk

Asuka 120% BURNING Fest. franchise discussion (Read 2901 times)

Started by 1983parrothead, December 10, 2014, 02:07:16 pm
Share this topic:
Asuka 120% BURNING Fest. franchise discussion
#1  December 10, 2014, 02:07:16 pm
This series is overlooked by people overseas from Japan, due to these reasons:

* Released only in Japan
* Viewed as an unbalanced SFII clone
* Plot compared to Sailor Moon

But here are some pros:

* Created by Masatoshi Imaizumi (one of the creators of Phantom Breaker, Panzer Bandit and Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force).
* More like Valis's plot in fighting game format, because Valis predates Sailor Moon.
* Its anime designs, multi-hit chains and gravity-defying air combos make it an interesting forerunner to the likes of Guilty Gear (1998), Melty Blood Act Cadenza (2005) and Arcana Heart (2006).
* BGM composed by Keishi Yonao (Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force, Metal Sight, Neural Gear, Strania: The Stellar Machine)

Currently, the 3-disk FM Towns version has been dumped using the KryoFlux; however, it doesn't fully run (copy protection?). Hopefully, someone will crack it and allow me to upload a playthrough video of it + ripping its soundtrack.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
Re: Asuka 120% BURNING Fest. franchise discussion
#2  December 10, 2014, 05:56:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
is that version somehow superior to the ps1 version most of us know?
#3  December 10, 2014, 05:59:19 pm
It's the one that started it all.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
#4  December 10, 2014, 06:06:06 pm
Oh you're referring to the original, haven't gotten around to that one.

Played Burning Fest. Limited on Saturn and watch match videos every now and then, interesting game. Wish I could say more but knowledge isn't that great.
#5  December 10, 2014, 06:08:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
as old ass mugenites that's a game to get acquainted with becasue the testp pack included shinobu from asuka 120%
#6  December 10, 2014, 06:15:58 pm
Final and Return might look superior, but Masatoshi Imaizumi was never involved with them. Limited was the last, but he might have been involved with LimitOver,  too.

I own 2 official copies of the original 3-disk FM TOWNS version + a double sided poster promoting that and the FM TOWNS CD-Based version of Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force.

Currently, it's been over 20 years since the franchise started in 1994. Up to today, the first version of the first game of the franchise hasn't had any of its gameplay footage nor BGM uploaded.  However, UNZ FM TOWNS emulator creator Kasanova uploaded a screenshot of it, which I posted it on the Wikipedia article.
#7  December 10, 2014, 06:39:35 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
there were some cool combo vids people did for this that got me inot it for awhile

#8  December 10, 2014, 08:06:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#9  December 10, 2014, 08:58:09 pm
Have played the psx version and it's great.
Also has nice catchy music. My favorite will be Megumi  and Kumi's theme.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#10  December 10, 2014, 09:42:40 pm
PSX version? You mean...

Special
Excellent (PSX version)
Final

Which one? I also own the very last title of the franchise known as Asuka 120% Return. Like the very first version of the first game, this one isn't 100% dumped, meaning it won't play BGM.
#11  December 10, 2014, 09:55:01 pm
PSX version? You mean...

Special
Excellent (PSX version)
Final

Which one? I also own the very last title of the franchise known as Asuka 120% Return. Like the very first version of the first game, this one isn't 100% dumped, meaning it won't play BGM.

I think it was Final. It had also secret characters.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger