YesNoOk

Silva WIPs: The Hulk Rough Beta (Read 175985 times)

Started by NDSilva, August 30, 2016, 02:30:52 am
Share this topic:
Silva WIPs: The Hulk Rough Beta
#1  August 30, 2016, 02:30:52 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Yo, what's up Guild? Those are the projects I'm willing to get some help/feedback from the community.

Current projects:

The Hulk

Using Buckus style, cuz I think it fits him. Gonna have 2 variations of moves, to cover up most of the changes he's got between each MvC game.

At this point, all normal attacks are finished; gotta do some final tweaks on Gamma Charge and start the other specials.

Check out this rough beta! :D

Side project:
Spoiler: Central Museum (click to see content)

Finished projects:
Spoiler: Tomichin (click to see content)
Spoiler: Doctor Albert W. Wily (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:53:42 am by NDSilva
Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily and Central Museum
#2  August 30, 2016, 02:56:12 am
Holy crap!  He's so versatile and thoughtfully made!  I'm excited for your project!
Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily and Central Museum
#3  August 30, 2016, 03:14:12 am
Awww shit this is great, glad to see someone finally put those sprites to use.

• Assists?
I'm not usually a fan of strikers/assists but for Wily it seems like a no-brainer.  Maybe have a hyper where he calls in some of his Robot Masters to do some various attacks.  IMT has some great RM sprites you could use.

One thing I did notice is the black outline on the robot hand attack that sticks out like a sore thumb.

Good luck on this, stage looks dope too.

Edit: Wishful thinking on my part but it would be sweet if he had a special intro with this stage I made a while back, maybe have him fly out of his fortress in the background and into the ship to start the fight.
Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:18:42 am by davismaximus
Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily and Central Museum (MMFTW!)
#4  August 30, 2016, 03:32:35 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Wow man, your character is very fluid and looks very well coded.  The sound effects are spot on as well.

I'm very much looking forward to adding Dr. Wily to my roster!

#5  August 30, 2016, 10:47:10 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Holy Crapple Cakes Batman! I never knew how much I wanted Dr. Wily in mugen until just now. Everything about this wip just looks fantastic, I love it. It all looks really nice and smooth. Just awesome work. Love the stage concept as well!
#6  August 30, 2016, 05:29:03 pm
    • Portugal
#7  August 30, 2016, 09:08:00 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Thanks for the comments everyone! ;D

@Chimoru:
Yeah, for sure a lot of work have been done until now to make sure he stands out against the average MvC fighters. :gouki:

@davismaximus:
Nice suggestion, never thought about a hyper attack! That line is hidden because I think there has to be a further discussion if the assists feature ends up to be added. I thought about the Robot Masters projects that are already out also - but for instance, how would this look if he's added in an Mega Man only full roster?
Thinking about this we could also consider the lesser known characters (the GB guys comes to mind). That would require some more spritework however. Well this part can be further discussed in the future anyway!

I see, the hand sprite is the same that comes from Power Battle, but then the outline gives a different effect with the edited palette. That's not hard to adjust :S

Bro, your stage is badass an I love everything about it! Yeah, this makes a good opportunity to make a flying intro like MM7 in a stylish way.
The stage would gain some adaptation for this complement as well, wouldn't it? Saying just because the main gate is closed at the start of the round.

@altoiddealer:
Thanks man! A good part of the sound comes from the MM8 rips by DarkKnightX100 on YouTube, plus my own rips/edits from the PSX and CPS-2 sounds. Expect some Battle & Chase references! :D

@rhiggatwat:
Thanks for the comment man! Lots of dedication will be applied to the stage as well.

@SmartMosquito:
Wow that's a very clean portrait! Thanks for the consideration, it certainly will be added! ;D

#8  August 30, 2016, 09:10:05 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
You're doing a INCREDIBLE work with Wily! Keep it up man! :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#9  August 30, 2016, 09:45:51 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Thanks Shin! Your Vs. Style works alongside Beximus and Gladiacloud were really good references when working on his MvC effects. ;P
#10  August 30, 2016, 10:56:12 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
So I just noticed with the spikes-poking basic attack, that the yellow arm just instantly appears on the side of the ship.

Just wondering... are you considering having this transition in?  Maybe have one or two of those green "panels" flip open real quick or something?

If not I think it's a shame, because it looks a bit jarring (to me), compared with how smooth everything else is.

#11  August 31, 2016, 02:15:26 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Oh, nice work with Willy!  I was coding this character, it was in very early stages, but you are making such great work so I will stop my version an we can have your version (and I am very busy).

Keep the good work.
#12  August 31, 2016, 02:38:13 am
  • Robot Master
    • USA
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/laspacho
    • www.infinitymugenteam.com
Wow great job with coding Dr. Wily.  You have awesome ideas.
#13  August 31, 2016, 10:49:23 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#14  September 01, 2016, 04:09:15 am
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
DOCTAH WAHWEE BABY
#15  September 01, 2016, 05:09:12 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@O Ilusionista:
Good luck on your other projects man. If you ever have some ideas to improve the gameplay of this Wily feel free to share. :)

@laspacho:
Thanks mate! Your fullgame project is also very creative.

@altoiddealer:
You have a point, while the simple transition wasn't bothering me that much at first, it really makes more sense to have his UFO gimmicks be activated in a mechanical way even in normal attacks. So that's it, I added 3 more frames to his startup - get some 1 tick smoothness action! :]

@Gladiacloud:
Wow that's a very interesting rendition of the Wily Machine! How I wish to see these kind of concepts showing up in a official game...
I see his design and moveset is heavily inspired by the latest games (MM7-10), giving him the modern feel that suits MvC3. Those grab and orbital hyper concepts are also something to think about... And it's hella surprising that he took the same inspirations with the teleport effect and the Lvl.3 hyper! ;P (jeez, Cosmic Illusion, if I had thought in a simple name like this sooner... Well, I think I will stick with the MM10 IST reference anyway)

With this we have some new revamps on Wily basic animations:

Improved startup for Medium Punch as suggested by Altoiddealer (I hope to get this right)

Reworked Strong Punch to match the hand with Wily's palette, as suggested by Davismaximus. I tried to minimize some inconsistences with the UFO details as well.

In the meantime, have a little heads-up about Central Museum:

Luckily the original graphics are quite simple to rework upon! So a alternate 1.1 version is also in the plans. :)

DOCTAH WAHWEE BABY
*insane closeup* WHUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:21:36 am by NDSilva
#16  September 01, 2016, 05:36:53 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Oh yeah, that's much better :)  Minor detail made a big difference.

Awesome work!

*edit*  Have you tried using the actual colors for the appearing arm to see if it looks alright?  Just wondering if that grey shape will be an issue with alternate palettes

Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:41:26 pm by altoiddealer
#17  September 02, 2016, 12:23:20 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Not really, it was just to be faithful to Daeron's original idea for the transition. Also I can't picture that mechanism simply growing from a piece of his UFO panels without that looking strange. Besides, all the palette index is going to be reworked anyway. :ninja:

Quick question:

A or B? Which of the warning signs you folks think it translates better with the original one?
#18  September 02, 2016, 02:18:44 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com

#19  September 03, 2016, 04:16:24 am
looking really awesome
#20  September 06, 2016, 09:12:15 am
*pops up* Did you say you need Rockman voices?! lol I ripped all of the ages ago.

Main folder:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9ces94y6c9od9/Voices

Dr Wily Rockman Battle & Chase:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mmzmlcdmmog/RockmanBattle%26Chase.7z

Dr Wily Rockman 8:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j23ehzzjzm0/Wily.7z

Dr Wily Rockman Rockman
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2mzhl0zgytm/Wily.7z

Rockman 2 the Power Fighters (don't remember what's in this because I didn't name the files)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d4mmyinnyeo/Rockman2-ThePowerFighters.7z

And can always ask me what's being said since I know japanese.