YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 748746 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#661  August 24, 2018, 11:55:32 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'll take him as a collectible trophy if possible.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#662  August 25, 2018, 12:39:18 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
You know, is there a slim chance Sagat could be in? He was the first final boss in the NES version of Street Fighter before Bison. I can see why Bison gets in, arch nemesis of the franchise and greater recognition.

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing Chun-Li for a cameo (not necessarily a fighter). As it stands, including echoes, optional costumes and participating partners (Ice Climbers), Smash has 18 female characters, give or take.
#663  August 25, 2018, 12:48:25 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Probably not even high on the list of possible reasons to consider characters or not, but it occurs to me with Ryu's boosted power to his moves by replicating their movements in Street Fighter compared to basic Smash button presses, Chun-Li's might be problematic with stages with multiple levels.  I can picture the aggravation people would have trying to perform a superior Spinning Bird Kick and then accidently just fall through the floor.

Ken as an echo feels both fitting and taking a step backwards personally.  He started as a Ryu clone, but over the number of Street Fighter games that have come out has further and further distanced himself from being a one-for-one copy of Ryu.  And making him an echo fighter instead of just being similar like Lucas to Ness in Smash would just lose some of that charm.
#664  August 25, 2018, 11:11:38 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Well, we have Chrom he has Aether despite being a Roy echo.

Honestly, after Chrom appeared, it's become kinda vague as to what limitations an echo must abide by.
#665  August 25, 2018, 12:01:03 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Dark Samus is floatier than Samus and appears to have a shorter but quicker roll dodge. At this point it feels like an Echo is a character that uses another character as a base, but only starting from Sm4sh; they can have any number of differences compared to the original while still clearly being based on that character.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#666  August 25, 2018, 02:09:54 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I respect Ken for being "Mr. Echo" , but I honestly rather want Akuma or Sakura. At least they will be very much different from Ryu than Ken could be, Still, I think if there is a second, Ken makes sense. Chun-Li would be epic too, but I can see her as an Assist Trophy.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#667  August 26, 2018, 04:28:57 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
(cross-quote)

Geese as a guest in Tekken7

Mai as a guest in DOA

Terry as a guest in both Fighting Layer EX and King of Combat (with Benimaru as well in this game)

and now Iori in Million Arthur Arcana Blood ?

If SNK appeared in Super Smash Bros., who would you see making it? SNK doesn't have much reps, but Athena did appear in NES, and SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy is on the Switch.
#668  August 26, 2018, 04:32:46 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I would say Leona, Ralf or Clark. Preferably Leona.
#669  August 26, 2018, 04:44:20 am
    • USA
If SNK were to get someone in the game, it would have to be the face of their most recognizable series, which I would imagine would be King of Fighters and Metal Slug.  So Kyo or Marco.  Fittingly, Kyo would transition fine to a Smash fighter, while Marco with various other Metal Slug items would work well as an assist trophy.

Not out of the realm of possibility, SNK has been porting a large portion of their library to all the various consoles, including the Switch, but I don't think anyone's really pining for a SNK character in Smash, and certainly not in the initial base roster.  But you never know with DLC what can come.
#670  August 26, 2018, 06:09:23 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I'd expect a KOF rep if we were getting an SNK character.
Probably Kyo or Iori.
#671  August 26, 2018, 06:16:46 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

I could see Athena getting in as promotion for the heroines game. Plus SNK uses her almost as much as Kyo, she's in every KOF, CvS, SvC, the girly fighters, the TCG games, their dating sims, the bullet hell arcade thing, the pachinko things, the rythmn game thing.

#672  August 26, 2018, 01:01:25 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
SNK really isn’t that well known outside the FGC these days.  The only character that immediately springs to mind as being recognizable at a casual level is Terry.
#673  August 26, 2018, 01:35:07 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
(cross-quote)

Geese as a guest in Tekken7

Mai as a guest in DOA

Terry as a guest in both Fighting Layer EX and King of Combat (with Benimaru as well in this game)

and now Iori in Million Arthur Arcana Blood ?

If SNK appeared in Super Smash Bros., who would you see making it? SNK doesn't have much reps, but Athena did appear in NES, and SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy is on the Switch.

mine would have to be either billy kane from fatal fury, eiji kisaragi from art of fighting 2 because there hasn't been a third party ninja character yet, or nakoruru from samurai shodown
#674  August 26, 2018, 01:51:13 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
SNK in Smash?
Haohmaru would be my ideal choice.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#675  August 26, 2018, 02:45:40 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#676  August 26, 2018, 03:25:26 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#677  August 26, 2018, 04:14:23 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
If the leak is true then I will have to stop at nothing to get the Amiibo I want.
#678  August 26, 2018, 04:18:19 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#679  August 26, 2018, 04:38:04 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
only if you're the type that'll just throw money out just to quickly unlock the fighters instead of saving money and try to unlock them by meeting the unlock criteria.
#680  August 26, 2018, 05:32:03 pm
    • USA
Unless they intend to throw in stupid prerequisites to unlock people like Mewtwo's old unlock in Melee, I can't imagine it being that big a deal.  Just run through Classic a few times, probably unlock a few through whatever that new mode that's likely Story mode, the few left shouldn't be worth the $15 or more.

I mean, people will still buy them, I'm tempted, but not specifically for that use.  I liked the training their A.I. aspect from Smash 4, would hope they can still be used for that purpose too.