YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734030 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#981  November 02, 2018, 04:50:56 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
here's today's blog which came early about a fire/dark type pokemon that's the final form of litten: incineroar

Today's Fighter
#69: Incineroar
A fighter with many special moves that appear to come from the world of pro wrestling. Incineroar has many moves from its original game, like Darkest Lariat, Cross Chop, and Revenge. Its Final Smash is Max Malicious Moonsault. Let the Z-Power explode and deliver a powerful blow!
#982  November 02, 2018, 07:48:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I had forgotten that pokken is a thing that exists.
#983  November 02, 2018, 08:15:07 pm
    • Netherlands
Lets be real, if Sakurai sat there and honestly tried to fill every little request for characters in the game we'd probably be sitting at a hilariously unbalanced hundred or so characters and the game wouldn't be released for another 2 or 3 years. Things like assist trophies at least give the ones who didn't make it SOME presence.
Then how do you explain Tails not even being an assist trophy?!
Shadow and Knuckles at least got to be assist trophies, but Tails didn't even get THAT luxury.
If you ask me, it's not Shadow and Waluigi who have been done dirty, but Tails.

Shadow and Knuckles are a bit more combat oriented than Tails, especially so with the characterisation in the modern titles, so Knuckles and Shadow fill the role of AT a bit better in that regard. Of course, Tails has enough content as well with his plane and what not to be an assist, but the team just landed on Knuckles and Shadow really.
#984  November 02, 2018, 10:11:51 pm
    • Brazil
Lets be real, if Sakurai sat there and honestly tried to fill every little request for characters in the game we'd probably be sitting at a hilariously unbalanced hundred or so characters and the game wouldn't be released for another 2 or 3 years. Things like assist trophies at least give the ones who didn't make it SOME presence.
Then how do you explain Tails not even being an assist trophy?!
Shadow and Knuckles at least got to be assist trophies, but Tails didn't even get THAT luxury.
If you ask me, it's not Shadow and Waluigi who have been done dirty, but Tails.

Shadow and Knuckles are a bit more combat oriented than Tails, especially so with the characterisation in the modern titles, so Knuckles and Shadow fill the role of AT a bit better in that regard. Of course, Tails has enough content as well with his plane and what not to be an assist, but the team just landed on Knuckles and Shadow really.
Look, in a game where Isabela is a fighter, there is no such thing as one being more "combat oriented" than another.
#985  November 02, 2018, 11:48:26 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Excuse you.

Isabelle's been training hard for this!

But for real, you're right in that there's no excuse for "X character won't work in Smash" now that Piranha Plant made it in.  And Tails does deserve more respect, too.  I wouldn't be mad seeing him take one of the DLC spots, personally.
#986  November 03, 2018, 12:00:10 am
    • Brazil
Well, if Tails isn't even an assist trophy, maybe he actually can be a DLC character.
#987  November 03, 2018, 01:13:31 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
And Tails does deserve more respect, too.  I wouldn't be mad seeing him take one of the DLC spots, personally.
I never realized Tails was somehow excluded from being an Assist Trophy.  It would make sense that he might end up as one of the 5 DLCs.
#988  November 03, 2018, 02:31:03 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
All alt colours.

Seems they really did cut down on Little Mac's alts. Pichu's alts are adorable though, plus the inclusion of the Spiky-Eared one is really nice.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#989  November 03, 2018, 03:23:16 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It's your boy Pichu representing Team Skull!  And it looks like Ken has a Violent Ken alt, too.
#990  November 03, 2018, 11:07:52 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
It looks more like Evil Ryu, but Ken. Not Evil Ken, but Ken with darker skin and a black gi.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#991  November 04, 2018, 01:06:53 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Wanna watch Sakurai show off some Classic Mode and Spirits? Well then here you go!

#992  November 04, 2018, 01:07:20 am
    • Mexico
Disappointing that the Belmonts don't have any reference alts to other members of the clan, besides the red-coloured Simon, which I suppose is meant to represent Juste.

Also, Alpha Ryu is cool.
#993  November 05, 2018, 03:09:22 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:13:41 am by drewski90
#994  November 05, 2018, 08:20:28 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
So I was late to the Pitoo clone discussion.

He specifically has only three differences gameplay wise.  (Not counting stuff like voices, taunts, and final smashes.)
Side-B is Electroshock instead of Upperdash, which has launches diagonally and does electric damage.
Neutral-B arrows curve less but deal a little more damage.
FTilt has weaker knockback for no reason at all.  There's no benefit to this as far as I know.

One of the major complaints about DPit is that even with his differences, it's agreed upon that he plays really similarly to Pit.  He could've had a lot more property changes to his moves and physics like the clones in Melee, who were obviously clones, but had clear differences that affected the way they played.  Ken with his current differences is looking to be like that of a Melee clone than DPit is.

On the topic of DLC, I wonder if we'll be getting more third parties than first parties again.
3/4 of the newcomer DLC characters from Smash 4 were all third party.  The 1 Nintendo character was promotional material, so I can imagine us getting a Gen 8 pokemon to promote the new game.

EDIT: According to this thread, Robin still summons Chrom for his Final Smash, even if his opponent is Chrom.  They even keep their back to back winpose, with Chrom clapping in the background.  I guess this means assists actually do have a shot at making it as DLC.
Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:59:47 am by vgma2
#995  November 05, 2018, 02:37:38 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
On the topic of DLC, I wonder if we'll be getting more third parties than first parties again.
3/4 of the newcomer DLC characters from Smash 4 were all third party.  The 1 Nintendo character was promotional material, so I can imagine us getting a Gen 8 pokemon to promote the new game.
Here are my guesses for the 5 DLCs.

~Square Enix from the leaker (Geno / Noctis (Square is really pushing this guy) / Bravely Default rep)

~1st party 2019 character (Gen 8 Pokémon / Fire Emblem 2019 / Metroid Prime 4)

~Highly requested character (Banjo-Kazooie / Sora / Bandanna Waddle Dee)

~Additional 3rd party (Heihachi / Crash Bandicoot / Tails)

~Additional 1st party (Dixie Kong / Paper Mario / Chorus Kids)

Yea we are more likely to see more 3rd parties this go round, probably 3 at best.
#996  November 05, 2018, 02:44:19 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i'm hoping for an snk character to be one of the 5
#997  November 05, 2018, 04:17:43 pm
    • Brazil
Is Chun-Li an assist trophy? I haven't seen it yet, and if not, I think she has pretty good chance of being DLC. Popular character, very iconic, I can see her being included easily.
#998  November 05, 2018, 07:44:54 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
I don't think Chun-Li's making it, in fact, with Guile as an Assist Trophy, I think she's out. She could be reduced to just a Spirit: an honorable mention in the form of a power-up.
#999  November 05, 2018, 08:26:24 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I honestly can not see Crash Bandicoot minus Spyro.  The two are just too tightly tied together, it's like anything Ratchet & Clank minus Jak & Daxter.  Including one just begs attention brought to demanding the second.  Now personally, I'd want and gladly take both, but I would have to imagine it being viewed as greedy wanting two pseudo-PSOne mascots taking up a pair of the 5 DLC slots.  But on the other hand, Cloud got this same reception on how weird it was he was in the last game, so now FF VII's coming to Switch.  Crash's last game in on the Switch, and I believe Spyro's remastered trilogy is going to go there as well, so it's not like they're that outside the realm of possibility.

I'm also a little surprised at the lack of new Kirby reps.  Beyond Smash being build on the foundation of Kirby, this new game implying Kirby himself is going to play the star and Sakurai's involvement in both, Star Allies also wasn't that long ago and offered a lot of character templates that can just be transitioned over to Smash with some tweaks to make fit in better.  I have to imagine one of the characters from there will make the jump to Smash in DLC, likely Waddle Dee but arguments can be made for a number of them, from Marx being much more important to Dark Meta Knight's even easier transfer what with being an echo fighter.
#1000  November 05, 2018, 09:07:16 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Beyond Smash being build on the foundation of Kirby, this new game implying Kirby himself is going to play the star and Sakurai's involvement in both, Star Allies also wasn't that long ago and offered a lot of character templates that can just be transitioned over to Smash with some tweaks to make fit in better.

After watching the video trailer, I originally wondered if Kirby survived the onslaught only because Sakurai created him, but now reading your key words that are in bold, I now ask if the entire Smash series was Kirby-centric. In other words, Smash was originally meant to be a Kirby game (even though it was the basis for another fighting game entirely), but Nintendo decided to take it a step further with the entire Nintendo family. Can you elaborate on this?