YesNoOk

Goku Black Z2i Release by Yoshin222 (Read 9504 times)

Started by Yoshin222, August 01, 2018, 10:22:55 pm
Share this topic:
Goku Black Z2i Release by Yoshin222
#1  August 01, 2018, 10:22:55 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Been working on this for a while now. I originally intended this as coding practice using as few new sprites as possible, but it developed to be a bit more than that. Thank you to everyone that downloaded his Beta, contributed palletes, etc.

Make no mistake, while the goal was to create a character that felt official, HE IS NOT OFFICIAL!!! An actual Black is currently in development, thread can be found here
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-end-all-mortals-184055.0.html

Pasting the description for convenience
"All in the vid! Heres the link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k4hplz43qd386jt/Goku_BlackZ2%284%29.zip
One more time, if you have any suggestions/contributions, let me know I intend to move on to other projects after the last few things are added, but make no mistake, that by no means implies i'll ignore feedback. I'll tweak and add as necessary based on suggestions. With that, enjoy!

Twitter
https://twitter.com/Yoshin222
"
Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:19:49 am by Yoshin222
Re: Goku Black Z2i Release by Yoshin222
#2  August 01, 2018, 11:27:17 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Cool
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#3  August 01, 2018, 11:38:41 pm
    • Morocco
Link is down
#4  August 02, 2018, 12:19:34 am
    • UK
Weird dunno what happened there
EDIT: Fixed
#5  August 02, 2018, 12:59:44 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Been a fan since day one... And he is now here, i loved every detail, thanks Yoshin, gonna give some showcases of my first character very soon too, I will try him right :batman:

Edit: Yoshin, you still need to do the Crouching Heavy Kick color separation... maybe i should suggest to change the sprite of that animation too, since they are entirely coming from Extreme butoden, Please?
Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 01:17:28 am by AVPboy6754
#6  August 02, 2018, 03:53:55 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
weldone
#7  August 02, 2018, 07:17:30 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Incredibly well done for sure, by the way... another detail, he has no sound effects during charging.

The green fog intro should be corrected too, since if you press foward BLACK moves when the intro has not ended yet.
Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:22:20 pm by AVPboy6754
#8  August 02, 2018, 08:55:17 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
]Definitely been enjoying this character so far. He could do with a few more options as far as attacks go, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. A few points of feedback and personal nitpicky things:

- If you finish with his Demon after comboing into it, the super background doesn't appear.
- Hurricane Heel feels like it lacks some impact. Some slight envshake could fix that, as well as a heavier hitsound.
- The "Power Mode" section of the ReadMe still details Gotenks' SSJ2 Mode.
- The AI in the config is set to 1 for each level of difficulty.
- His ki blast variations are all the same speed, rather than changing depending on the button pressed.
- The screen should still shake while he's also charging up the Kamehameha during Divine Rush.
- He should be able to combo into his Cr.LK from his standing LP, he can't as of right now.
- Something I did with his "Ominous" winpose that I think looks better: Instead of having the last frame be at 999 ticks, switch it to three and start a loop at the second to last frame.
- He also seems to have a few intros that don't actually trigger. Or maybe that's just bad luck on my end or they haven't been implemented yet.

Edit:

- He has two weird things going on with the last Kamehameha at the end of Divine Rush. For a single frame at the very end of the attack[Not good enough with timing to get a screenshot of that], the Kamehameha will be firing backwards, towards Black himself.
- This happens during a mirror match. Finish your Goku Black in the last round with Divine Rush and the animation for the Kamehameha will keep going.

All in all, Goku Black is still very fun to play as. A few tweaks are needed, but he still feels great.
Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:22:36 am by Project.13
#9  August 04, 2018, 12:13:52 pm
    • UK
@AVPBoy
Will add, and thats weird, will fix that.

@Project 13
- I have stress tested that to death and that hasn't happened to me. Maybe it has something to do with your common.cns? I think HDBZ and the default Mugen commons are different iirc
- Literally don't see a problem with that, will do
- Already on the to do list XD You can actually see it in his changelog
- Also WIP, thought he was playable enough rn and i could patch A.I in
- Kinda difficult to see but the ki blasts do go different speeds, i assure you
- Fair enough, will do that
- May i ask why? Personally i think CR.LK > LP is significantly more useful
- Sure why not?
- No i realised i made an error with that, my mistake

As for the last two things, i'll look in to it. Nothing special should trigger in a mirror match though, thats very strange
#10  August 04, 2018, 09:37:34 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I'm using the SF3 Super Background, and I canceled the attack from the last hit of his light Righteous Flurry. Probably should have mentioned that bit =P aAs far as standing LP into Cr.LK, a lot of the other official Z2 characters can do that. Both Gokus and Vegetas, Gohan and Frieza are the ones I know of for sure. Also, it seems like the only ki blast that does move faster is the third one he fires.
#11  August 04, 2018, 09:50:10 pm
    • UK
Ehhhhhh not a good enough reason imo, its like never used so i don't think its a big deal that he doesn't have it.
Also yeah that is important XD
In regards to the fireball, i fucked up. I set up removeexplods to avoid buggy fireball stuff, but did so at the beginning of the states, thus ensuring the var(16) was always 0 (which defaults to the Light version). Simply set said varset to the top of the state and its been fixed
#12  August 04, 2018, 11:17:49 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I definitely use it when I'm playing the Z2 characters. It's a great opener.
#13  August 07, 2018, 04:55:17 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
goku black can now use character specfic quotes even though i haven't chose a character specific character
#14  August 07, 2018, 03:40:36 pm
    • UK
Not gonna lie i was kinda lazy with that, i just copy pasted quotes from EXDoragons Black
#15  August 25, 2018, 12:27:20 am
    • UK
Got an update brewing. Plan to be done with Black after this so its pretty beefy atm
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Please leave your suggestions/feedback/contributions. Odds are once this update comes out, i'm done.
Of which, thank you to everyone who downloaded the character or submitted feedback. Have learned a lot while making him