YesNoOk

Gengar by mugenpoopmaster (Read 32189 times)

Started by blah, April 20, 2010, 12:05:59 pm
Share this topic:
Gengar by mugenpoopmaster
#1  April 20, 2010, 12:05:59 pm
Here is hi-res Gengar created by mugenpoopmaster

Quoted from readme:
Main Sprites riped by Haseo
Except for the Super Hammer, Night Shade, Super Taunt, and Poison Tackle sprites.

Credit to Pokesho for makeing typewild game and original sprites
video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYTVhZulnP4

download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwkmg20inmc

download (mugen 1.0) !UPDATED!:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i3hym5mwyzy

EDIT: no more esnips thanks to the author =)
EDIT (2): updated download link for mugen 1.0 - supposed to be backward compatible for winmugen as well
Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 04:28:55 am by blah
Re: Gengar by mugenpoopmaster123
#2  April 20, 2010, 02:28:17 pm
  • Follow the signal.
    • lightmattstoybox.wordpress.com/
...esnips....man.... :-X

i'll still try him, but mugenpoopmaster123 should consider another upload service.

Edit: you have a typo in your first sentence. created "by" mugenpoopmaster123
Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:32:56 pm by lightmatt
#3  April 20, 2010, 04:15:44 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
...esnips....man.... :-X

i'll still try him, but mugenpoopmaster123 should consider another upload service.

Edit: you have a typo in your first sentence. created "by" mugenpoopmaster123

Agreed, esnips have way too many viruses running rampant to consider even going there.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#4  April 20, 2010, 04:17:59 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Yeah, it's nice.  I'll try it.  :sugoi:
#5  April 20, 2010, 05:56:48 pm
  • "Omae wa mou shindeiru"
    • m0gl13.webs.com/mugen.htm
waited for this release
+10
also esnips is not full of any viruses unless your downloading files with obviously cheesy names or descriptions
#6  April 20, 2010, 06:02:02 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Explain the trojan that got blocked from my comp for being there
Actually happened to me once too.
Norton also told me the site has 76 computer threats. I don't know how that's not virus ridden.
Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:08:26 pm by Orochi Gill
#7  April 20, 2010, 09:22:10 pm
    • USA
aw come on dude, Esnips? Use Mediafire.
#8  April 21, 2010, 01:57:33 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I have a theory.

If they're using Esnips to upload their work then it's crap.
#9  April 21, 2010, 01:58:03 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Seanaltly and MOTVN used to use it.
Theory destroyed.
#10  April 21, 2010, 02:04:55 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I'll be damned.
#11  April 21, 2010, 02:33:44 pm
  • That damn Tapir still haunts my dreams.
From what I could see in the video, one super takes out a little less than 2/3 of your health, but doesn't cost any super energy.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll test it and see if what I saw was correct.

Man, Dong Hwan, you've really got a lot of wax in that ear of yours.
#12  April 21, 2010, 05:57:50 pm
  • The Supreme Fist
    • cfkm-media.weebly.com/
Nice one,but stop it with the esnips links.Esnips = Virus
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Your sig is too big. Max sig size is 600x200 pixels.
#13  April 21, 2010, 06:12:58 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Looks interesting for a pokemon character.

Norton also told me the site has 76 computer threats. I don't know how that's not virus ridden.
You actually use Norton? That shit'll totally fuck up your computer and half the time it comes up with false positives for virus threats. Every computer I've owned and also friends and relatives of mine that have computers with Norton on it always end up going totally out of wack. I swear Norton is like the worst possible antivirus program you can have.
#14  April 22, 2010, 09:28:20 am
Okay, here's what I noticed:

-Standing and crouching light punch is an infinite
-Dream Eater costs 3 bars but gives you back a huge chunk of life
-Dark Pulse costs no super energy, can be used over and over and takes out more than half of the opponent's life (basically my assumption was right)

All I gotta say is thank god it doesn't have that great of an AI, otherwise there'd be sooo much unintentional Dark Pulse spam.

#15  April 24, 2010, 09:36:07 am
Whatever, i prefer this Gengar MORE in Pokemon Type Wild than mugen.
#16  April 25, 2010, 03:26:20 am
I want to see this character get better. This has the potential to be really, really good.

#17  April 28, 2010, 04:23:35 am
  • Why are pokemon being mistreated?
Okay, here's what I noticed:

-Standing and crouching light punch is an infinite
-Dream Eater costs 3 bars but gives you back a huge chunk of life
-Dark Pulse costs no super energy, can be used over and over and takes out more than half of the opponent's life (basically my assumption was right)

All I gotta say is thank god it doesn't have that great of an AI, otherwise there'd be sooo much unintentional Dark Pulse spam.
maybe he tried to make dream eater from the game, cuz in the game it gives yu life. i guess
#18  April 30, 2010, 01:09:38 am
    • www.wix.com/MUGEN141/MugenWorld
This is MugenPoopMaster I came across this site and saw some of the comments. I have changed the links from esips since it been causing people problems. (Its never caused me problems). Also I'm probably not going to fix the one power glitch because I am lazy. Thanks for downloading my character and please keep commenting on it.
[img resized=1 width= height= alt=SilvaKnee]http://www.ufcresultslive.com/uploads/Silva-knee_Franklin-nose.gif[/img]

MugenPoopMaster
#19  April 30, 2010, 01:11:05 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
You might want to fix it for the sake of fairness.
Being lazy is a bad thing, I know, I'm lazy myself.

Ax

#20  April 30, 2010, 01:15:46 am
    • USA
Seems to have Arcade speed, nice for a change I guess.
Seek Truth
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#21  April 30, 2010, 03:25:44 am
This is MugenPoopMaster I came across this site and saw some of the comments. I have changed the links from esips since it been causing people problems. (Its never caused me problems). Also I'm probably not going to fix the one power glitch because I am lazy. Thanks for downloading my character and please keep commenting on it.
thanks for new link, updated on 1st page ;)
also there's more than just the power glitch that needs to be fixed in my opinion, i noticed that when dreameater is used against 2 opponents, it will damage both of them even if only one of them is under hypnosis.
#22  May 01, 2010, 12:59:00 am
I probably will fix it when I have time. That will probably be in a couple of months
[img resized=1 width= height= alt=SilvaKnee]http://www.ufcresultslive.com/uploads/Silva-knee_Franklin-nose.gif[/img]

MugenPoopMaster
#23  May 01, 2010, 04:57:32 am
  • Kikou Shou
Are u gonna make one for Winmugen?
#24  May 01, 2010, 09:21:46 am
Are u gonna make one for Winmugen?
It's already available for Winmugen.

Also, while we're still on-topic, is the new link that you've given us to an updated version, or to the same version that was already available on Esnips?

#25  May 01, 2010, 06:43:28 pm
Its the same version as the one on Esnips. Like I said I will probably fix these glitches later when I have time.

MugenPoopMaster
#26  May 01, 2010, 07:50:26 pm
Got it, thanks.

#27  June 25, 2010, 03:05:13 am
I fixed the following glitches that were found including:
- No Power Loss during Dark Pulse
- Infinate Punch glitch
(NOTE: The Glitches were only fixed on the MUGEN 1.0 version of the character.)

MugenPoopMaster
#28  June 25, 2010, 03:10:42 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
I tried this character the other week and it was  :-X hopefully youve changed some things, ill download the update and post some feedback.
#29  June 25, 2010, 03:10:57 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Why not on the Winmugen version too?
If you make a version for both you should fix what's wrong on both.
#30  June 25, 2010, 04:08:51 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
@orochi gill, its backwards compatible

Wow
after downloading this character i gotta say it needs alot of work.

Some things before i get into feedback. I see your using the same hitsparks for my typewild characters, but you didn't credit fido did you. And your also using type wild sprites i ripped(Some ground hits dash etc) But i guess you didn't credit me either, no biggie. I see some blue lighting in the sff file. Those are edit by me from Fallen_angel open source lighting fx at imt, like i said no biggie. Holy crap why is this character 27 megabytes? *looks in sff file* HOLY LORD. THOSE BIG FIRE FX ARE NOT NEEDED, AT ALL. Shit i had to remove them from the air file just to get gengar working on my mugen.. Back folder is not needed just creates even more space.

Actual feedback:
Clsn boxed need alot of work, i see you got lazy halfway and started using auto clsn, bad move.
I see you tried to use button mechanics from typwild, its alittle confusing for people who never played type wild. Also i dont use much gengar in type wild but some of his moves you put for him look to be mixed matched.You also tried to use the protect mechanic from type wild i see. Your not suppose to be invincible while using protect, if your hit using protect your suppose to gain power back. In your version you can hold it until your power bar goes to zero, whole time being unable to get hit. His invisible slide move, well you just pulled a kong infinite dash there, both air in ground.

There is alot more that needs to be fixed that i saw from the 5 minutes of gameplay i had with him, sadly my mugen crashes now every time i try to run him. Its not your characters fault btw my pc is just very old. On monday i can give you a real indepth feedback on the character at the office computer at work(which is where i intentionally downloaded the character a few weeks back). Or if i can get it running again by then ill post the feedback.

btw im looking at your gengar palette right now it is in need of some work, here is the actually gengar palette used in type wild. You can go ahead and use it if you want for your gengar:

#31  June 25, 2010, 05:16:33 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Start with his basics:
Low punch is an infinite, low mid punch is an infinite aswell. His grab command is weird, but i guess i cant complain(have the same for my lucario, gonna change it tho) And his throw is jerky. Jump mid kick, well he just keeps doing it until you land.Lol at his win pose bgm.About your hitspark coding, when gengar is hit at the same time the sparks dont show, your gonna wanna fix that. Basically, this character has the potential to be awesome, so i hope you dont take my feedback harsh, i just wanna see a gengar in mugen because well, i dont ever much like gengar and dont want to do it myself.The only thing i could say that is cool about the character is his gravity, feels like its straight from typewild, good job on that.

Im gonna start off by each move in the command file.

"2QCB_a", "2QCB_b"- summons haunter, i can also summon him twice. After that gengar starts walking in backwards slowly wtf. Shadows on his explosion sprites(which i ripped)

"QCBF_xy"- Wow thats a big lvl3 super, takes up more then half of the screen. Anyways it has shadows and when it hits p2, they are stunned by the move for to long.

"QCF_x""QCF_y"- Why are these sprites connect to gengar? They should be separate and coded as a helper. Air version just goes through the stage, should explode on impact when it touches the floor. If you do the air version of this move right before you land, the fx of the move will still be in the air while your in the ground walking around.

"QCF_a","QCF_b"-  His reversal is pretty good, but i can cancel it by just spamming his low punch, which is an infinite

"QCB_x""QCB_y"- Also connect to gengar, and have shadows.

"QCB_a"- Easy infinite, and from what i recall its suppose to send you to a costume state. Also the stun is to long.

"QCB_b"- Fire stays on for to long, and when i spam the move haunters explosion move comes out of nowhere wtf? also shadows in the fire fx.

"QCF_xy"- Infinite priority, no way you can hit gengar while doing this, and it does a good amount of damage when done repeatibly, also why is there a dash fx?

"QCB_xy"-  Goes through the whole screen and can cancel into his air qcb,x/y.

If you need any voice samples from type wild or missing sprites for gengar, just hit me up. I have all his sprites already ripped and in perfect axis.
#32  June 26, 2010, 04:28:05 am
new link for the mugen 1.0 gengar updated on 1st post
Re: Gengar by mugenpoopmaster
#33  June 26, 2010, 07:29:33 am
Luis

Thanks for the comments. I know this character is still a work in progress. Also if you give me those sounds it would be very appreciated.

MugenPoopMaster
#34  June 26, 2010, 06:26:47 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
http://www.sendspace.com/file/obq59t

if you need anything else(sfx, fx, sprites) hit me up.

also it would be cool if you were to add helpers to your gengar. It wouldn't take much, you can use the coding i did for my characters for the helper select. All you would have to do is code each helper state.
#35  July 04, 2010, 01:55:15 am
Once again I have updated this character. I have updated the following:
-Glitches fixed
-Improved advance guard
-Better Sounds
-Better Effects
(NOTE: The Glitches were only fixed on the MUGEN 1.0 version of the character.)
A Gengar mugen character based on type wild
Since so many people have been asking he is a link for a download

NEW LINK  ;D ;D ;D   
Mugen 1.0 (Glitches Fixed)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmmkmoztyty

MugenPoopMaster