YesNoOk

White Lantern? (Read 6034 times)

Started by Soiuku, June 30, 2009, 05:36:48 pm
Share this topic:
White Lantern?
#1  June 30, 2009, 05:36:48 pm
  • Eh, I just live life; what about you?
So I've been re-reading certain parts of the Green Lantern Saga and I recently thought that since they're hinting strongly at a Black Lantern, and no I'm not referring to The Corpse; then I got to thinking, is there a possibility of a White Lantern Ring? My idea for how it would work is that since white is the base color for all others, and it's also the universal ideal of life, that perhaps it would be a single ring which comes into existence when all the other Lantern Corps cease to exist. Then the ring would be born, choose a temporary user, be used to re-form the Lantern Corps, and then after it's work is done it dissapears back to from wherever it came.

Any thoughts on this?

Check this out, it's an awesome game: Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Re: White Lantern?
#2  June 30, 2009, 06:15:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
amidst fans its joked that the white lantern is the apathy corpses

In brightest day in darkest.. aw whatever
etc etc. yaddayadda.

#3  June 30, 2009, 06:33:00 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
From what I recall Hank (cybersuperman) had a red ring.
#4  June 30, 2009, 07:02:45 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I heard that DC is making a comic based on multiple laterns, such as the red, blue, white, black, yellow latern, etc. I think it was named along the lines of "War of the rings" or something.
#5  June 30, 2009, 07:21:55 pm

Check this out, it's an awesome game: Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
#6  June 30, 2009, 07:23:50 pm
Yeah, I heard that DC is making a comic based on multiple laterns, such as the red, blue, white, black, yellow latern, etc. I think it was named along the lines of "War of the rings" or something.

Currently they haven't explored all possible colors, and there's Green, Yellow, Red, Orange, Purple, and Blue.

Black & White are rumors of upcoming lanterns. Only one lantern so far has more than one ring; I believe it's Hal Jordan, since I believe he has a Blue (Hope) & Green (Willpower) ring.

#7  June 30, 2009, 07:28:45 pm
    • USA
Double post lol. But yeah, now that you mention it, I think I'll check it out. Usually I avoid DC comics but this may be what draws me in.
#8  July 01, 2009, 02:45:07 pm
Do you guys have any pics or citations about where these rings came from?
#9  July 01, 2009, 02:48:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#10  July 02, 2009, 04:13:48 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lantern_Corps

They are going to combine their emotional spectrum to form Captain Planet, I thought that was obvious.

All of the Black Lanterns are dead, including
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I doubt that there will specifically be a "white lantern" but a temporary hybrid lantern, similar to Hal's
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#11  July 02, 2009, 05:54:04 pm
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lantern_Corps

They are going to combine their emotional spectrum to form Captain Planet, I thought that was obvious.

All of the Black Lanterns are dead, including

I doubt that there will specifically be a "white lantern" but a temporary hybrid lantern, similar to Hal's

Dang it! You beat me too it! But Hal Jordan recently lost his blue ring, and black lanterns are described as dead and devoid of all emotion.

#12  July 02, 2009, 05:55:40 pm
Do you guys have any pics or citations about where these rings came from?

Someone else already beat me to posting that, but there is a complete backstory on every power ring and corp. However though, the Indigo Tribe is the only one which I'm iffy on since they don't have power rings per-say, but they do have a staff which acts as a power  ring, with there abilities tattoed onto there body.

#13  July 02, 2009, 07:06:12 pm
    • USA
interesting. Im putting my money on the  pink latern lol.
#14  July 02, 2009, 10:25:30 pm
Dang it! You beat me too it! But Hal Jordan recently lost his blue ring, and black lanterns are described as dead and devoid of all emotion.

Did he? I thought that was Hal's Blue ring showing Agent Orange what he wanted to see.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
#15  July 03, 2009, 12:14:43 am
I'm the clear lantern.

Oh wait......clear isn't a color......
#16  July 03, 2009, 12:30:52 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
From what I recall Hank (cybersuperman) had a red ring.

He used a Yellow ring, in fact.

Each ring represents an emotion, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Ring_(weapon)

In brightest day, in blackest night,
Not my problem, I’ll be alright;
No cause you name is worth a fight,
Though if I’m bored, then yeah, I might.

FUKEN SAVED!

Currently they haven't explored all possible colors, and there's Green, Yellow, Red, Orange, Purple, and Blue.

From the color spectrum, yes they did.

Red = Rage

Orange = Greed

Yellow = Fear

Green = Will

Indigo = Compassion

Blue = Hope

Purple = Love

Black & White are rumors of upcoming lanterns. Only one lantern so far has more than one ring; I believe it's Hal Jordan, since I believe he has a Blue (Hope) & Green (Willpower) ring.

Black is not long a rumor. they are the dead of the DC universe, risen from their graves by the Black Lantern, which was made from the corpse of the Anti-monitor. its the Lantern of Death, while the other corps represent Life.

the attack of the black lanterns is a Event known as "The Blackest Night".

Superman from earth II, Martian manhunter, the original Firestorm, among others are part of the Black Lanterns.

As for the original question: I don't think there will be a "White Lantern" Corps. Probably, Hal Jordan gets one ring from each corps (even tough he can't use the yellow one properly, as seen on the sinestro corps/war of the rings saga".), but i find very unlikely, since rage and Love would conflict, since each of these ring possess deeply their user.

Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:35:42 am by Tony 3rd
Blackest Night
#17  July 26, 2009, 03:25:29 am
May want to check your local comic shop to see if they have a Black Lantern ring from their solicitations, mine did.

Iced said: